The Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maury wrote: View Post
    That trailer fascinates me. How did that movie get made? Who thought it would be a good idea? So many questions.
    Considering Sharknado is a thing, that had 4 sequels, and that actually made some money, this doesn't surprise me.

Comment

• best worst movie

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
        That trailer fascinates me. How did that movie get made? Who thought it would be a good idea? So many questions.
        It is actually the kind of movie I might enjoy if it's schlocky enough. Depends on how they treat the subject matter. If they take it too seriously then it will be terrible but it has the potential to be a good bad movie....
        Does anyone remember the movie Hard Rain? Christian Slater (which dates the movie fairly effectively) is an armoured truck driver in a small town trying to get money out of banks as a small town is getting flooded and then Morgan Freeman (credibility!) comes to rob him.

This movie kind of reminds me of that movie (1998).
        That movie is fairly entertaining. Stupid. But entertaining. Completely goes off the rails at the end....

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          Considering Sharknado is a thing, that had 4 sequels, and that actually made some money, this doesn't surprise me.
          The Ringer interviewed a meteorologist who'd seen the Hurricane Heist trailer.

Well, is there any part of it that you saw that seemed remotely believable?

Not really. It sort of reminds of Sharknado, in that sense.
          https://www.theringer.com/movies/201...-eric-holthaus
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
            The Ringer interviewed a meteorologist who'd seen the Hurricane Heist trailer.

https://www.theringer.com/movies/201...-eric-holthaus
            Although to be fair, meteorologists are rarely correct.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              Although to be fair, meteorologists are rarely correct.
              That's why I pay for sharknado insurance.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                That's why I pay for sharknado insurance.

Comment

• Watched The Darkest Hour today. It was very very good. Technically speaking, I would say absolutely in the top 3 or 4 movies of last year. Gary Oldman’s performance is incredible and if I didn’t know it was him going in I would have never guessed. Well written and well structured narrative, and just stylistic enough to feel distinct and interesting while not being too crazy. My favourite part had to be the cinematography though. Bruno Delbonell did an incredible job manipulating natural light, and the colours looked so good. Just a joy to look at was this movie, it perfectly captured the look and feel of what I would imagine 1940s England would be like. Joe Wright’s direction really impressed me here and I’ll have to check out his other work. Ultimately, a really good movie and I highly recommend it to anyone even mildly interested. Only critique is that it’s a little slow, but I feel as though the pacing fits the general tone of the movie well.

Just look at this image. Incredible.

Comment

• Watched Annihilation.

Loved it. Fantastic movie. Highly recommended.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      Watched Annihilation.

Loved it. Fantastic movie. Highly recommended.
                      Can’t wait to see it.

Comment

• Had a mini movie marathon this weekend.

Annihilation was pretty good. Was not expecting anything though so that helped.

Three Billboards was pretty good too. McDormand, Rockwell and Harrelson were all great.

Shape of Water was really good. Glad it won the Oscar. You could see the influence from Hellboy in that one. Felt like I was watching a prequel or some weird alternate reality version of it. The acting, directing, music were all top notch.

Thor Ragnarok was just weird. Blanchett was great in it.. but overall I'd say it was just meh. Could be the super hero burn out in me.. but I did like Justice League so who knows.

Star Wars 8 (aka the Last Jedi) was probably my least favorite Star Wars movie (maybe tied with Menace) The middle part of the movie where they're hunting down that locksmith or whatever.. what a waste of time. At least in Empire we heard about Darth being Luke's father. They couldn't come up with a cool twist in this one?

Next up is probably Downsizing. Although we'll see. Might just watch some TV tonight instead. 5-6 movies in 2 days can be quite exhausting LOL.

Comment

• Had to go out with another couple on Saturday and after dinner we went to see Game Night (it's hard to for four people to pick a movie). It was actually pretty decent. It's definitely a throwback comedy - feels like something from the 90s - but it's fairly funny and entertaining. Of course, since it's a comedy, no one will go see it but it's worth a watch.

Comment

• Anyone going to see Ready Player One? Haven’t read the book and honestly the trailer makes it look pretty bad but people seem to be really excited for it. Going to see Isle of Dogs this weekend and can’t wait.

Comment

• Watched Logan Lucky last night. Fantastic movie. Soderbergh at his finest.

Comment

• Pretty crazy to think we've already made it to Infinity War ... this is a decade in the making! Seems like just yesterday that everyone thought Marvel/Disney was bonkers for trying to set up this "Universe".

Comment

Working...
                                X