The Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    I liked Ready Player One.. lots of 80's nostalgia in that one. And doesn't Bumblebee take place in the 80's too? I read somewhere that they brought in the classic Transformers that I played with growing up. So looking forward to that one too.
    Ready player one is a good movie. Chances are if you're over the age of 35 you're not going to relate or like it at all lol

Comment

• Hereditary is great.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        Hereditary is great.
        The ending ruined it for me. Was hoping for something .. better. Lol

Comment

• Lol I have no idea what is going on in this ... Gyllenhaal looks pretty dope as Mysterio, but why is he fighting the Elementals?

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            Lol I have no idea what is going on in this ... Gyllenhaal looks pretty dope as Mysterio, but why is he fighting the Elementals?
            Mysterio has some backstory in the comics where... potential spoiler warning... last chance...

... where he creates illusions of fake villains and defeats them to make himself look like the hero, which may be what is happening here.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• So I guess Spiderman doesn't die in that last Avengers movie?

Comment

So I guess Spiderman doesn't die in that last Avengers movie?

Hahaha Great gif. Ya, I was trying to figure out how this factors into the larger scheme of things ... is this before or after Infinity War?! Why is nobody freaking out that they've been resurrected?! Lol

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Mysterio has some backstory in the comics where... potential spoiler warning... last chance...

... where he creates illusions of fake villains and defeats them to make himself look like the hero, which may be what is happening here.
                  Oh snap! I totally forgot about that!! Great call.

Comment

So I guess Spiderman doesn't die in that last Avengers movie?

God dammit.

Comment

I liked Ready Player One.. lots of 80's nostalgia in that one. And doesn't Bumblebee take place in the 80's too? I read somewhere that they brought in the classic Transformers that I played with growing up. So looking forward to that one too.
                      NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      Ready player one is a good movie. Chances are if you're over the age of 35 you're not going to relate or like it at all lol
                      I thought it was just 'ok'. I dunno....concept didn't feel too original. Almost like a variation of The Matrix.

And yes, I'm over 35.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        I thought it was just 'ok'. I dunno....concept didn't feel too original. Almost like a variation of The Matrix.

And yes, I'm over 35.
                        Not a knock on your age, its just the references and forms of media presented in the movie are more geared toward a younger audience like 25 and under

Comment

• Bad Boys 3 (now known as "Bad Boys for Life") is real. It's filming right now! In theaters next January. I could not be happier. Or more terrified of they might do to it ... I have faith in Will Smith and Martin Lawrence though to get it right.

Warning: Awesome use of profanity...

Last edited by Joey; Thu Jan 17, 2019, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                            Bad Boys 3 (now known as "Bad Boys for Life") is real. It's filming right now! In theaters next January. I could not be happier. Or more terrified of they might do to it ... I have faith in Will Smith and Martin Lawrence though to get it right.

Warning: Awesome use of profanity...
                            When ever i think bad boys, the first date scene is always the first. So good that scene. Bad boys 1 porchse 911 is my dream car.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                              When ever i think bad boys, the first date scene is always the first. So good that scene. Bad boys 1 porchse 911 is my dream car.
                              Man, it's honestly one of the funniest scenes, with some of the best delivery of lines ever. How they managed to even get one take without bursting out laughing is beyond me.

"Mothafucka, you look 30."

"Ain't gonna be no fuckin' tonight."

"You ever made love to a man?" "No.." "You want to?" "No sir."

So many good lines in a 2 minute span.
                              Last edited by Joey; Thu Jan 17, 2019, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X