Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Collateral is fantastic. Good call.

People that think Tom Cruise can't act and he's just an action guy need to watch Born on the 4th of July. Tour de force by Tom in that one.

Last Samurai is one of my favourite movies of all time. Amazing movie, and he is so damn good in it

Tropic Thunder is also one of my favourite comedies of all time, and let's be real, Tom Cruise steals that movie as well.

Comment

• The clip also reminded me of Philip Seymour Hoffman... great actor who left us too soon.

Comment

• Tried watching Magnolia a few times.. and could never get through it. Never understood its appeal. That one scene with Tom was good, but not worthy of an Oscar in my opinion.

Top 5 Cruise movies?

Here is my list:

1. Top Gun
        2. A Few Good Men
        3. Edge of Tomorrow
        4. Collateral
        5. Rain Man

Haven't seen the latest MI movie.. but they all seem to blend together. But I would rank those 5 movies before any MI movie.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Tried watching Magnolia a few times.. and could never get through it. Never understood its appeal. That one scene with Tom was good, but not worthy of an Oscar in my opinion.
          He didn't get an Oscar for Magnolia...not worthy of a nomination maybe?

Paul Thomas Anderson can do no wrong in my mind, so I'm probably not the right person to ask to critique it - writing, acting, direction, characters, concept, sound track, all sublime.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
            He didn't get an Oscar for Magnolia...not worthy of a nomination maybe?

Paul Thomas Anderson can do no wrong in my mind, so I'm probably not the right person to ask to critique it - writing, acting, direction, characters, concept, sound track, all sublime.
            Sorry I thought he actual won that year. Yeah.. nominated either. Felt like a bit of an over act.. but I'm most likely in the minority there.

PTA is not my cup of tea. A love him or hate him kind of directory. Punch Drunk Love was one of my least favourite movies of all time (and that says something). Boogie Nights was alright. But didn't blow me over.

Comment

PTA is not my cup of tea. A love him or hate him kind of directory. Punch Drunk Love was one of my least favourite movies of all time (and that says something). Boogie Nights was alright. But didn't blow me over.
              You ever see "There Will Be Blood"?

Frigging exceptional film.

Have heard good things about Inherent Vice and The Master as well. Big fan of Joaquin Phoenix as well.

Comment

Have heard good things about Inherent Vice and The Master as well. Big fan of Joaquin Phoenix as well.
                No I haven't.. heard good things. But when I found out PTA directed it, I passed. Might check it out. Daniel Day Lewis is one of the GOATs.

Comment

No I haven't.. heard good things. But when I found out PTA directed it, I passed. Might check it out. Daniel Day Lewis is one of the GOATs.
                  Highly recommended. Will send you $3 if you don't like it. Lol

Comment

Highly recommended. Will send you $3 if you don't like it. Lol
                    I hated it

Comment

• On the subject of "Best Movies of the 2000's" Rolling Stone has a Top-10 for 2000-2010, with a few really good ones that we've forgotten:
                      - No Country for Old Men
                      - The Departed
                      - History of Violence (Forgot about this .. SOO good)

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/...e-rings-34838/

Comment

The Master is great. Inherent Vice is like a more stoned Big Lebowski. It didn't make sense the first time I watched it, but I really liked it the second time. And yeah, Joaquin Phoenix kills it both times. That dude's working at a very high level.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

There will be blood, along with no country for old men, are two do the best films of the last 25 years, and both were released in the same year! There will be blood is just so good. It feels like a pseudo-horror, a western version of the shining. It’s incredible.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/a5d9BrLN5K4
                            Last edited by Maury; Tue Aug 28, 2018, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                              The Master is great. Inherent Vice is like a more stoned Big Lebowski. It didn't make sense the first time I watched it, but I really liked it the second time. And yeah, Joaquin Phoenix kills it both times. That dude's working at a very high level.
                              Curious to see what Phoenix does with the Joker character for his stand alone Joker movie.

And that description of Inherent Vice is exactly what you needed to say to get me to watch it tonight. Lol Big Lebowski is right up there as well for me.

Comment

Curious to see what Phoenix does with the Joker character for his stand alone Joker movie.

And that description of Inherent Vice is exactly what you needed to say to get me to watch it tonight. Lol Big Lebowski is right up there as well for me.
                                Just to temper your expectations, it's a much harder watch than Lebowski.
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X