No announcement yet.

The Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It may be too stoned. But that might also be the point.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      Just to temper your expectations, it's a much harder watch than Lebowski.
      JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      It may be too stoned. But that might also be the point.
      Hahah Good to know. And as has been mentioned, Coen Brothers are in a league of their own, so that's to be expected.

Comment

• Inherent Vice is based on a novel by Thomas Pynchon, one of the all-time great American authors, whose work most directors would stay far away from. That said, I need to see it again.

Don't forget PTA's Phantom Thread, maybe the best movie from 2017.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          Inherent Vice is based on a novel by Thomas Pynchon, one of the all-time great American authors, whose work most directors would stay far away from. That said, I need to see it again.

Don't forget PTA's Phantom Thread, maybe the best movie from 2017.
          Yeeeeah I still need to see Phantom Thread. Maybe tonight. RR PT Anderson catch-up multi-location viewing party!
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            Curious to see what Phoenix does with the Joker character for his stand alone Joker movie.
            I didn't know he was playing the joker. TBH, I'm a little bit scared for him.
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
              Yeeeeah I still need to see Phantom Thread. Maybe tonight. RR PT Anderson catch-up multi-location viewing party!
              I need to see Phantom Thread as well. Haven’t gotten around it it yet. Maybe I’ll watch it today.

Comment

• This is fantastic, RIYL Miyazaki

Comment

• Just got back from an Imax screening of 2001... all I can say is wow. Just wow.

Comment

• Comment

• This looks boss

Comment

• Well count me as bummed ... both Affleck and Cavill out as Batman and Superman. Personally, I thought they were both the best to have played their respective heroes:

https://nypost.com/2018/09/12/ben-af...superman-exit/

Comment

Well count me as bummed ... both Affleck and Cavill out as Batman and Superman. Personally, I thought they were both the best to have played their respective heroes:

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                            Apparently Cavill was let go after negotiations to have him make a cameo in Shazam fell through ... and then Affleck followed suit.

Pretty sure that's just speculation though.

Comment

Well count me as bummed ... both Affleck and Cavill out as Batman and Superman. Personally, I thought they were both the best to have played their respective heroes:

pretty ridiculous stuff. hope we don't get another superman origin story to meet the new guy. i thought cavill was the best superman, but reeves is still the best clark.

batman hasn't even gotten a movie yet, has been awesome in his two appearances, and now afleck is out. blame the actors, blame the writers, blame the directors, all bullshit. warner brothers appears to be the problem.

i don't think there has been a more epic moment of super hero tv than when superman sees the flash running around him in justice league. so so good.

going to be tough with darkseid coming without batman and superman.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                                pretty ridiculous stuff. hope we don't get another superman origin story to meet the new guy. i thought cavill was the best superman, but reeves is still the best clark.

batman hasn't even gotten a movie yet, has been awesome in his two appearances, and now afleck is out. blame the actors, blame the writers, blame the directors, all bullshit. warner brothers appears to be the problem.

i don't think there has been a more epic moment of super hero tv than when superman sees the flash running around him in justice league. so so good.

going to be tough with darkseid coming without batman and superman.
                                Man, I have no idea what the hell they are going to do, but regardless, I don't like it ... like I said ... I'm bummed.

Comment

Working...
                                X