No announcement yet.

The Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, this is now a thing ... this looks wild.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote:
      Mad n******h "ain't gonna be no fuckin tonight" hahahahahahahahaha to a nice kid in high school. Hahahahahaha
      I liked this before I really read it ... I don't think you're allowed to say that man ... Haha

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        Not a knock on your age, its just the references and forms of media presented in the movie are more geared toward a younger audience like 25 and under
        I haven't seen the movie, but I don't think those 25 and under are getting all of these references:
        https://www.vulture.com/2018/03/here...layer-one.html

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          I haven't seen the movie, but I don't think those 25 and under are getting all of these references:
          https://www.vulture.com/2018/03/here...layer-one.html
          You're right, its a large mix. What I meant to say was the vibe of the film was more catered toward a younger audience.

Comment

• This is fucking phenomenal. An art-house homage to occult horror and revenge flicks, think Kill Bill meets Evil Dead but with seriously sinister overtones. An acid-fueled feast for the eyes and ears.

And the best thing Nick Cage has been in since...Adaptation?

Comment

• Saw Glass ... it's probably the worst movie I've seen in a loong time ... it's really bad. Lol

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                Saw Glass ... it's probably the worst movie I've seen in a loong time ... it's really bad. Lol
                Sucks. I was so excited for it...I love me some Shyamalan but he is really hit or miss
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                  Saw Glass ... it's probably the worst movie I've seen in a loong time ... it's really bad. Lol
                  Man that sucks.. will still watch. I like M. Night though. Even some of his bad moves were sort of enjoyable for me. Like the "The Visit" or "Lady in the Water" or "The Village".

"Happening" was garbage though.

I still have to see "Split". Yesterday I was going to watch either Split or Jack Reacher and went with Reacher. Tom Cruise might be a dork in real life but his movies usually kick ass.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Sucks. I was so excited for it...I love me some Shyamalan but he is really hit or miss
                    planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Man that sucks.. will still watch. I like M. Night though. Even some of his bad moves were sort of enjoyable for me. Like the "The Visit" or "Lady in the Water" or "The Village".

"Happening" was garbage though.

I still have to see "Split". Yesterday I was going to watch either Split or Jack Reacher and went with Reacher. Tom Cruise might be a dork in real life but his movies usually kick ass.
                    When he's on, he's ON; but my god, when he's off, my 2 year old nephew could do a comparable job. Lol

And I should clarify, it's still "entertaining" - James McAvoy is pretty solid in it, and gives something worth watching. That said, Bruce Willis phones it in in an absolutely hilarious way though, and I hated the ending. Everything else about it is super forgettable.

Also, love me some Tom Cruise. Dude is an icon.
                    Last edited by Joey; Mon Jan 28, 2019, 08:02 PM.

Comment

• Man Von Triers makes some twisted shit, but glorious.

Comment

• Green Book was the best movie I've seen in a while. I found it to be quite hilarious, Viggo has to win for that role. I'll admit, I have to watch the other nominated performances, but I think only Christian Bale will compare. If you are Italian or have Italian friends, you'll probably enjoy it that much more.

Comment

• Saw the new Spider-Man movie. To be quite honest... it didn’t really do it for me. I appreciated the art style and it was a pretty solid screenplay but it just didn’t click for me. I really wanted to love it. My favourite Spider-Man is still Raimi’s Spider-Man 2. This one probably falls second or third behind Raimi’s first Spider-Man and the most recent live action one.

Comment

• I also saw mid90s. Excellent directorial debut for Jonah Hill. It’s a little style over substance in this movie but in less than 90 minutes he’s able to tell a compelling story that I found myself invested in and really cared about the characters. Lucas Hedges’ character was really great and his performance was for sure the highlight of the movie for me. The main kid is also pretty talented, I especially liked his performance in “The Killing of a Sacred Dear”.

Comment

• Saw two good movies over the weekend and one really terrible one.

Recommend Spotlight (from 2015, best pic oscar winner) and Bohemian Rhapsody (Rami Malek was so good as Mercury).

Mortal Engines was one of the worst pieces of crap I've seen in a long time.

Comment

• This looks fun:

Comment

Working...
                                X