The Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maury wrote: View Post
    I love me some Guy Ritchie. I was hoping there would be a sequel for this film.
    Just read it may be in the works. Armie Hammer and Cavill are both game. Though I would think if he get's the Bond role, maybe that doesn't happen? Just get Richie to direct the next Bond film? Done and done. Lol

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
      ehhhh... he doesn't cut it for me.

There's a lacking suave quality for me. I don't know. He's a solid actor, but there's that Bond-factor that I can't put my finger on that I feel he just doesn't have.
      You need to see the Man from U.N.C.L.E. A great spy movie and cavil has that suave factor that all Bonds need. I think he’d fit very well.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        Just read it may be in the works. Armie Hammer and Cavill are both game. Though I would think if he get's the Bond role, maybe that doesn't happen? Just get Richie to direct the next Bond film? Done and done. Lol
        Sounds good to me

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
          Came across this piece rating the Coen Bros. films. As a fan, if you have not seen any of them ... try them. I rate all of their work good to great.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...rs-film-ranked
          Wow, there's a bunch I've never heard of. I've got some catching up to do!

Comment

You ever see "The Man from UNCLE"?

He looks damn good in a suit. I hope he's still Superman though ...
            I haven't watched that one yet... I always see it on the guide but I pass by it because I heard it's crap. Is it worth a watch?

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
              I haven't watched that one yet... I always see it on the guide but I pass by it because I heard it's crap. Is it worth a watch?
              Definitely. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Comment

• The Movie Thread

Bendit wrote: View Post
                Came across this piece rating the Coen Bros. films. As a fan, if you have not seen any of them ... try them. I rate all of their work good to great.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...rs-film-ranked
                Why do burn after reading and hail! Caesar always get so much hate as Coen brothers movies? I really enjoy both of them and think they rank very highly on their list.
                Last edited by Maury; Fri Sep 21, 2018, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Why do burn after reading and hail! Caesar always get so much hate as Coen brothers movies? I really enjoy both of them and think they rank very highly on their list.
                  Burn After Reading is one of my favourite on the list. So ya, I'm with you, I don't get it.

Comment

Burn after reading was hilarious... Malkovich & Pitt were especially funny... they all were.

Comment

• Anyone hear of the new Netflix series "Maniac"? It's starting today I believe and the pre release reviews are getting good to frothy write ups.

A fellow named Fukunaga directs it and also gets raves... he was just hired to direct the new Bond movie. A bit of an odd egg/geniusy type with a "do it my way" persona.

If you read about the series' content ...he was well chosen

https://www.vox.com/culture/2018/9/2...one-jonah-hill

Comment

• Scorsese. De Niro. Phoenix.

This has to be good... right?

Comment

Scorsese. De Niro. Phoenix.

Wouldn't want to bump into a bad mood Joaquin... in a dark place. Notice that they decided/could not cover his cleft scar. He may well be the best Joker.

Comment

hell yeah. Joaquin is at the top the game right now.

Comment

i liked leto's joker. movie just really sucked

Comment

• The Movie Thread

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                                i liked leto's joker. movie just really sucked
                                Agreed. Really like Letos joker. Hope he gets another crack at it.

But Phoenix as Joker is also super intriguing. Unlike Leto who had to go to great lengths to get himself in a “dark place”, for some reason I’m pretty sure Joaquin lives in that place year round. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X