The Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Took my daughter to see the new Grinch movie. Thought it would be terrible but it was actually pretty good. Had a different enough spin on it than the previous versions, was funny throughout, and although the emotional depth was a little shallow, it worked better overall than I was expecting.
    From the trailers it seems like they got the character of The Grinch all wrong. He’s supposed to be mean, conniving and almost scary isn’t he? He looks like a dumb character and he’s too funny from the trailers I’ve seen.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
      From the trailers it seems like they got the character of The Grinch all wrong. He’s supposed to be mean, conniving and almost scary isn’t he? He looks like a dumb character and he’s too funny from the trailers I’ve seen.
      I thought it actually skewed closer to the original intent of the Grinch than other depictions - he's not supposed to be evil, just a grump. He's certainly mean in this one, but more in an anti-social way than actively cruel.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        I thought it actually skewed closer to the original intent of the Grinch than other depictions - he's not supposed to be evil, just a grump. He's certainly mean in this one, but more in an anti-social way than actively cruel.
        That’s a good point about his original character.

Comment

• Another Disney remake, which I'm still not sure how I feel about ... haven't seen any of them yet ... but man ... got straight up goosebumps from this one ... is there a more iconic Disney song?

This, Dumbo and Aladdin are all slated to come out within 6 months of each other in 2019 ... which seems super weird.
          Last edited by Joey; Thu Nov 22, 2018, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• The Ballad of Buster Scruggs is amazing and everything I want from a direct-to-Netlix "movie" - it's episodic nature making it so you can watch it like a series.

Netflix taking it to another level again on the film front is Roma by Alfonso Cuaron, released in select theatres nowish, but on Netflix come December 15th. Will be surprised if it's one of the best movies of the year.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              Another Disney remake, which I'm still not sure how I feel about ... haven't seen any of them yet ... but man ... got straight up goosebumps from this one ... is there a more iconic Disney song?

This, Dumbo and Aladdin are all slated to come out within 6 months of each other in 2019 ... which seems super weird.
              i liked aladdin so much i recorded it onto cassette tape to listen to instead of music during commutes.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                i liked aladdin so much i recorded it onto cassette tape to listen to instead of music during commutes.
                Haha That's awesome. Between Aladdin and Lion King, I'd almost say I had more facetime with them than my own Parents as a kid ... probably not, but it would be close ... Haha

Comment

• I was volunteering at a sick kids hospital back in the day.. and there was this kid that insisted on watching Alladin all the bloody time. I bet I've seen that movie over 30 times now.

I kept asking him if he'd want to try something different.. and he kept yelling "NO!".

Cute kid.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    I was volunteering at a sick kids hospital back in the day.. and there was this kid that insisted on watching Alladin all the bloody time. I bet I've seen that movie over 30 times now.

I kept asking him if he'd want to try something different.. and he kept yelling "NO!".

Cute kid.
                    Hahah Can't blame him! Aladdin was the shit. Lol

Comment

• The Ballad of Buster Scruggs is awesome

Comment

Another Disney remake, which I'm still not sure how I feel about ... haven't seen any of them yet ... but man ... got straight up goosebumps from this one ... is there a more iconic Disney song?

CGI taken to another level.

We watch Jurassic Park now and think "that looks so fake", lol.

Comment

• Aquaman getting some good early reviews.

https://ca.ign.com/articles/2018/11/...witter-roundup

https://www.cbr.com/aquaman-makes-wa...al-media-buzz/

I was going to say, it definitely has an Avatar vibe about it. Very much looking forward to it.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                            The Ballad of Buster Scruggs is awesome
                            Ya, I'm looking forward to this one. Hard to go wrong here, with everything that it is.

Comment

Aquaman getting some good early reviews.

https://ca.ign.com/articles/2018/11/...witter-roundup

https://www.cbr.com/aquaman-makes-wa...al-media-buzz/

I was going to say, it definitely has an Avatar vibe about it. Very much looking forward to it.
                              Jason Momoa is an underrated actor, dudes fucking great. Just a badass overall likable guy, like a Will Smith or Tom Hardy (Hardy is on another level in terms of acting though)

Comment

• So dope looking -

Comment

Working...
                                X