The Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I think the part that looked the cheesiest, was the actual reveal of Venom's face. But I won't judge based on a 1/2 second clip.

I dunno, I think I'm all Avergered out. Oh look, another superhero movie where everyone gets together and defeats the bad guy. Never seen that before.
    I don't want to spoil anything, but Infinity War does not at all follow this standard trope... I dare say you reeally haven't seen this one before. Lol

But ya, that Venom trailer really didn't do it for me. Looks like something from the 90s/00s.

Comment

• At least Thanos looks better than my Derozan figurine:

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        I don't want to spoil anything, but Infinity War does not at all follow this standard trope... I dare say you reeally haven't seen this one before. Lol

But ya, that Venom trailer really didn't do it for me. Looks like something from the 90s/00s.
        Infinity War might be the best superhero movie I have seen. There's probably some others up there but it was really, really good. They did a great job incorporating a huge cast and Josh Brolin is excellent as Thanos. I don't want to spoil anything but you can tell within the first few minutes it isn't a typical Marvel movie. They really mixed it up here.

I will say this, though, If you have young kids who like Marvel/Avengers, etc. and are taking them you need to read about the movie and prepare them for what happens. I saw a bunch of kids leaving the theatre sobbing. And, I have to confess, I was stunned at the end (I kept myself spoiler free).

I can't believe I am saying this but.... I can't wait for Avengers 4. Not sure how they top this.

EDIT: And it just went past Star Wars Force Awakens for biggest opening ever. This movie is going to be staggeringly huge.

EDIT 2: Again, with the young kids. This is a very dark movie. And it is very depressing. People do die and they aren't throwaway scenes. They are intense, dramatic deaths. They do a good job keeping it entertaining and fun but it is not for little kids.
        Last edited by slaw; Sun Apr 29, 2018, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• I won't spoil it either, but my goodness. Some scenes had me feeling excitement or nearly reduced me to tears in ways I didn't expect. I'm planning on seeing it twice lol
          OG is our king

Comment

• The marketing for this movie is just on another level ... wonder how they pitched this to Celine? Lol

"...beat it Spiderman". Hahah

Comment

• finally saw the last jedi. liked the force awakens much more.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                I had every expectation that this movie would break all records, full stop. Will still be surprised if it doesn't.
                Just passed $1B in 11 Days; faster than any movie ever. Hasn't even been released in China yet ... Knew it would happen. Lol

Comment

• https://ca.news.yahoo.com/keanu-reev...161047489.html

hope they can get carlin too. this has some good potential

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                    https://ca.news.yahoo.com/keanu-reev...161047489.html

hope they can get carlin too. this has some good potential
                    Narly!

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      finally saw the last jedi. liked the force awakens much more.
                      I haven't even watched Rogue One yet. lol

They lost me with The Force Awakens. Not that it was a bad movie... It just that they totally butchered some moments. I sometimes wonder why they don't enlist in some diehard fans to run ideas off for these movies. Not that the fans should write the story but they're the consumer and they seem to have a much better sense for each particular character. I mean how they did Hans and then only brought Luke in at the last minute of the movie was stupid. I'm not a diehard fan but even I know that.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                        I haven't even watched Rogue One yet. lol

They lost me with The Force Awakens. Not that it was a bad movie... It just that they totally butchered some moments. I sometimes wonder why they don't enlist in some diehard fans to run ideas off for these movies. Not that the fans should write the story but they're the consumer and they seem to have a much better sense for each particular character. I mean how they did Hans and then only brought Luke in at the last minute of the movie was stupid. I'm not a diehard fan but even I know that.
                        For me, as a huge Star Wars fan, I don’t want fam service. So I appreciate that they didn’t pander to us as fans. It’s a proper story that serves only the purpose of telling a story, not having stupid moments that make people feel nostalgic. I think that it’s interesting how these character (Han, Luke for example) have changed between movies. It makes for a far more engaging and interesting story (for me at least).

Going to see A Quiet Place tonight. Pretty excited.

I also saw Isle of Dogs last week and it was really, really good.

Comment

• A quiet place was really really good. The whole movie was so tense, I was on the edge of my seat for the entire duration. Incredibly well written, a well designed story told with very few amounts of dialogue. Really impressed with John Krasinski’s direction here. Of course the performances are great across the board, including the kid actors. It’s nice and short too at just over 90 minutes. Highly recommended.

Comment

• Solo is generating alot of good buzz after its premier. I could see it be super refreshing having a Star Wars movie without a Death Star or whatever else in it. Lol

Comment

• I don't usually get excited for movies anymore but after watching the Queen movie trailer I'm pumped for October 24th.

Comment

• The Movie Thread

Just got back from dead pool. Pretty forgettable although very funny at certain points.
                                Last edited by Maury; Sun May 20, 2018, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X