No announcement yet.

The Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just saw the second kinsmen. Although there were some absolutely terrible parts, I enjoyed the movie. A lot of good, but a whole lot of bad. The first act might have been the worst part of a movie I've seen all year (albeit, this year has been quite good for movies).

As well, there have to be at least 5 movies coming out in the next little while that I can't wait to see. Justice league, Thor, blade runner, a new coen brothers movie, and an agatha christie movie which actually looks quite interesting.

If you look back at this year, it's been very solid for movies, especially this summer.

Comment

• Confession: I've never seen Blade Runner.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Confession: I've never seen Blade Runner.

Me neither! I've heard great things about both though, so I'm going to make sure I do so I can see the new one.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Me neither! I've heard great things about both though, so I'm going to make sure I do so I can see the new one.
          It's a very good movie. Watched it for the first time two days ago and it's still on my mind. The last scene is one of the greatest in cinema history if you ask me. Can't wait to see the new one on the weekend.

Comment

• For those unaware and have not seen the original Bladerunner, a great movie (as I remember) and directed by Ridley Scott who introduced great new production/filming techniques of the day !

Comment

• Just got back from blade runner. It was incredible. Cinematography was some of the best I've ever seen, lighting, colour, music all amazing. I would recommend anyone to go see it. You have to watch the original beforehand to really appreciate this film tho. 10/10.

Comment

• This just dropped:

Comment

• As did this:

Comment

• Really want to see Blade Runner. Original is still a grand spectacle, so can only imagine what they've managed to accomplish in this world.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      Really want to see Blade Runner. Original is still a grand spectacle, so can only imagine what they've managed to accomplish in this world.
                      It's very good. I loved the original, and I feel like they approached this movie perfectly in regards to staying honest to the original and yet being its own movie.

And Justice League looks really fun to me, so does Star Wars. It's been an awesome year for movies!

Comment

• That new star wars trailer is underwhelming to me. The first trailer was good, this one not so much.

Comment

Really want to see Blade Runner. Original is still a grand spectacle, so can only imagine what they've managed to accomplish in this world.
                          I enjoyed it much more than the original. I found the original visually great but exceedingly boring. The new one does a much better job on the story part. Villenueve keeps on making good movies. My only real complaint is that the film is too long. At almost 3 hours I confess it lost me in a few parts. Cut about 30 minutes out and I would have enjoyed it more, though, I get what they were going for....

It's definitely not for everyone. Don't think this will do that well money-wise but it should do well come awards season.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                            I enjoyed it much more than the original. I found the original visually great but exceedingly boring. The new one does a much better job on the story part. Villenueve keeps on making good movies. My only real complaint is that the film is too long. At almost 3 hours I confess it lost me in a few parts. Cut about 30 minutes out and I would have enjoyed it more, though, I get what they were going for....

It's definitely not for everyone. Don't think this will do that well money-wise but it should do well come awards season.
                            Thank goodness you said this. I just watched the original and by god was it slow, with no real plot to speak of. Very disappointing.

Glad to hear the new one has more narrative thrust. I can deal with length.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Thank goodness you said this. I just watched the original and by god was it slow, with no real plot to speak of. Very disappointing.

Glad to hear the new one has more narrative thrust. I can deal with length.
                              The new one has a much more structured narrative that's for sure. The old one was really interesting in its themes and motifs to me. Granted, sometimes it was slow but I believe that was the nature of the movie.

Comment

I once used this same reasoning to get excited about the new Robocop....

Comment

Working...
                                X