• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This movie looks fantastic:

Comment

• As does this:

Comment

• EXCLUSIVE: LAPD confirms they are investigating Hollywood pedophile ring after Corey Feldman files formal report
        • Corey Feldman announced on twitter that he formally filed a police report with the LAPD about being molested as a minor
        • 'THE LAPD WILL BEGIN AN OFFICIAL INVESTIGATION NOW! THINGS R HEATING UP, IM PRAYING 4 SAFETY!' said Feldman
        • The LAPD confirmed that they were investigating Feldman's claims to DailyMail.com on Tuesday
        http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...dman-case.html

Comment

• I saw Justice League last night. What a discombobulated piece of shit. Pacing was off. Character development non-existent, and final scene anti-climactic. I honestly have no idea what DC is doing.

And now there's word that Affleck doesn't want to play the Batman role anymore. Can't blame him.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            I saw Justice League last night. What a discombobulated piece of shit. Pacing was off. Character development non-existent, and final scene anti-climactic. I honestly have no idea what DC is doing.

And now there's word that Affleck doesn't want to play the Batman role anymore. Can't blame him.
            Reviews overall have been bad. Still will see it of course. I saw Wonder Woman the other night finally, and didn't really get why people loved it so much. It felt like a typical action movie from the 80's with a lead who can't talk very well, and a villain that's unforgettable.

I saw that Spiderman movie too though and that was worse. I guess it doesn't matter if its Marvel or DC. The superhero era is getting stale. Oh well.. shouldn't complain. Always wanted to see a Justice League movie when I was a little kid.

Comment

• Ya, I didn't care much for Wonder Woman either. In fact, I didn't even make it through the whole movie.

Haven't seen the new Spiderman yet though.

Comment

• Fans seem to like it, however.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Reviews overall have been bad. Still will see it of course. I saw Wonder Woman the other night finally, and didn't really get why people loved it so much. It felt like a typical action movie from the 80's with a lead who can't talk very well, and a villain that's unforgettable.

I saw that Spiderman movie too though and that was worse. I guess it doesn't matter if its Marvel or DC. The superhero era is getting stale. Oh well.. shouldn't complain. Always wanted to see a Justice League movie when I was a little kid.
                  really? because it was a girl who was the hero, and the movie didn't suck. i am expecting to like justice league, i liked bvs. i agree the genre is getting stale. you can only have so many "bad guy comes and is the new worst thing ever and explosion and banter and explosion and all good". one of the reasons i was hoping dc would get it's universe going, i think they are the superior story telling comic creators, but i also think they are trying to copy the marvel blueprint for money printing success.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                    really? because it was a girl who was the hero, and the movie didn't suck. i am expecting to like justice league, i liked bvs. i agree the genre is getting stale. you can only have so many "bad guy comes and is the new worst thing ever and explosion and banter and explosion and all good". one of the reasons i was hoping dc would get it's universe going, i think they are the superior story telling comic creators, but i also think they are trying to copy the marvel blueprint for money printing success.
                    Its cool that the leading actor was a female, but the movie itself was a bit boring, and anticlimactic. But maybe its because I've seen so many superhero movies that they all seem to just feel the same.

I liked BvS too. Felt like WW needed more of that style though which is probably why I didn't like it so much. As for JL I hear that its a combo effort from Snyder and Whedon. That's like mixing oil with water. I can't really judge since I haven't seen the movie, but I wish Snyder could have done the whole movie on his own. And if he needed a break then they should have delayed the movie.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      I can't really judge since I haven't seen the movie, but I wish Snyder could have done the whole movie on his own. And if he needed a break then they should have delayed the movie.
                      wholeheartedly agree with the bold. i think snyder is better than whedon. the wb is the one that made the call on continueing after the tragedy, and i doubt he was in the mindset to make movies anyway. the complaints were already that the "series" was too dark, imagine how much darker it would be after his daughter's suicide.

"and then just before the big victory wonder woman rips out batmans spine and superman laser eyes her in the heart while the flash tears cyborg apart piece by piece faster than the nanobots can reproduce and aquaman land drowns like a fish on a rock, and then darkside wins, enslaves earth and systematically turns it into a mirror of apocalypse."

edit add: fin

Comment

• lol

Comment

• I really like Wonder Woman. It knew what it was, Gal Gadot was pretty good, and Chris Pine was awesome. Yes, it was a forgettable villain, but the first two acts were very good.

I’m not big on these super hero team up movies. I really don’t get the love for the Avengers, it just doesn’t work for me. I’m actually exited for the next WW because apparently it’s taking place during the Cold War, which should be fun. I feel like the biggest problem with superhero movies right now is that the villains aren’t what they should be. The villains don’t need to be these transcendent impossible to beat villains like in Avengers and WW. They should be the same villains that are in the comic books and they should be reoccurring. That’s one of the reasons Nolan’s Batman movies worked because he didn’t go over board on the villains until he got to Bane, but bane is nothing compared to that worm thing in the Avengers.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            I saw Justice League last night. What a discombobulated piece of shit. Pacing was off. Character development non-existent, and final scene anti-climactic. I honestly have no idea what DC is doing.

Why anyone keeps giving Zack Snyder money to make movies is one of the great mysteries of our time... What was the last interesting movie he made? 300? That was like 10 years ago and it was the only interesting movie he's made. You'd think the geniuses at DC/WB would have watched Watchmen and said, 'Zack, thanks for your time but, that Watchmen shit was horrible. We can't have you ruining Superman'.

It's no mystery that the two best DC movies were Wonder Woman and Suicide Squad (though it wasn't great) - the two he didn't direct.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                              You'd think the geniuses at DC/WB would have watched Watchmen and said, 'Zack, thanks for your time but, that Watchmen shit was horrible

worth it. worth it. worth it.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                                Why anyone keeps giving Zack Snyder money to make movies is one of the great mysteries of our time... What was the last interesting movie he made? 300? That was like 10 years ago and it was the only interesting movie he's made. You'd think the geniuses at DC/WB would have watched Watchmen and said, 'Zack, thanks for your time but, that Watchmen shit was horrible. We can't have you ruining Superman'.

It's no mystery that the two best DC movies were Wonder Woman and Suicide Squad (though it wasn't great) - the two he didn't direct.
                                Suicide Squad was a disaster. I have no problem attaching Snyder's name to it out of spite.

Comment

Working...
                                X