The Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Last Jedi was pretty average I thought. Some good scenes and some bad/terrible ones.

Felt Rogue One was much much better.
    My wife went and saw Jedi for a work event thing yesterday.. said the same thing as you Scraptor. She said it was very predictable, with a lot of redundant/boring scenes. I was going to go check it out on my own but now I'll just wait until it comes out on BR/DVD.

Comment

• The Last Jedi garnering a considerably lower Audience Score on Rotten Tomatoes than Justice League (56% vs 79%) ... interesting.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        The Last Jedi garnering a considerably lower Audience Score on Rotten Tomatoes than Justice League (56% vs 79%) ... interesting.
        It's also below The Force Awakens on imdb, and the imdb score tends to drop after the initial fan wave.

I really wanted to like it, because I loved Looper, but there were multiple times during the movie where I thought it felt like one of the prequels.

Comment

• I've honestly never really understood the hype behind star wars. It seems like a good film franchise but nothing about it really pops out at me to make it amazing, am I missing something?

Comment

• I'm not really understanding the overwhelming dislike by the fans. Critics are claiming it's the best since Empire Strikes Back.

At the end of the day, a movie is not meant to stick to one's preconceived dogma, and unsettled nostalgia. It's meant to entertain. "Luke was never meant to act that way!" Ummm, says who?

Strangely enough, I didn't care for Rogue One at all. Watching a Star Wars movie without Jedi felt as enticing as watching an X-Men movie without mutants. But as a Star Wars fan, I will have to give it another shot.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              I'm not really understanding the overwhelming dislike by the fans. Critics are claiming it's the best since Empire Strikes Back.

At the end of the day, a movie is not meant to stick to one's preconceived dogma, and unsettled nostalgia. It's meant to entertain. "Luke was never meant to act that way!" Ummm, says who?

Strangely enough, I didn't care for Rogue One at all. Watching a Star Wars movie without Jedi felt as enticing as watching an X-Men movie without mutants. But as a Star Wars fan, I will have to give it another shot.
              i hated rogue one.

Comment

• On the Star Wars subject, saw a twitter exchange the other day,

>The Phantom Menace is 18 years old.

>Finally it can be tried as an adult.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• I actually liked the Phantom Menace. Yes, Jar Jar was annoying, but I didn't mind the pod-race scene, and I thought Qui-Gon and Darth Maul were cool characters.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    I actually liked the Phantom Menace. Yes, Jar Jar was annoying, but I didn't mind the pod-race scene, and I thought Qui-Gon and Darth Maul were cool characters.
                    jar jar becomes annoying. first watch through, phantom menace was money. as you watch it more and more, jar jar, and the pod race start to bother you. jar jar because it never ends, and he is so much worse in the role than cp0, and the pod race because it takes 20 minutes and we already know he is going to be darth vader, so it is pointless. maul and quigon were great additions, and i think an even earlier prequel with just quigon and obiwan would have been better at introducing quigong, and improved the phantom menace as well, as without he is just a plot device

may 4th, bunch of blow, episodes 4,1,2,3,5,6,7,and soon 8 with a bunch of friends and the day is awesome.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      jar jar becomes annoying. first watch through, phantom menace was money. as you watch it more and more, jar jar, and the pod race start to bother you. jar jar because it never ends, and he is so much worse in the role than cp0, and the pod race because it takes 20 minutes and we already know he is going to be darth vader, so it is pointless. maul and quigon were great additions, and i think an even earlier prequel with just quigon and obiwan would have been better at introducing quigong, and improved the phantom menace as well, as without he is just a plot device

may 4th, bunch of blow, episodes 4,1,2,3,5,6,7,and soon 8 with a bunch of friends and the day is awesome.
                      Man, you have to cut to the prequels after 5.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• shit, yeah. my bad. you're right.

Comment

• I'll tell you my opinion of Episode 8

Luke was worth it, but the whole movie was a narrative mess.

Holy Shit, it is a mess like OKC's first two months and 4th quarter offense.

I just watched about 3 hours of Boku no Hero Academia, and that shit is well written and to the damn point, even though it's a little cliche.
                          Last edited by tonious35; Tue Dec 19, 2017, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                            Haha Hey man, I have standards y'know!... I just grew up on a heavy dose of Superman and Batman comics (my dad collected them from when he was a kid even), so it's really hard for me not just geek out and enjoy anything with them in it.

That said, I thought Dark Knight Rises was pretty weak. I 100% prefer Afflecks Batman to Bales. Affleck is my favourite Batman outside of Keaton. Would LOVE it if Affleck did at least one stand alone Batman movie.

And Cavill is the perfect Superman.
                            I watched Dark Knight Rises with too many expectations and was bummered in the IMAX Theatre

The one great thing of Snyder's work was the evil Krypton lady in Man of Steel. She was awesome as a number two villain and stood out well. I'm glad they made her and the CoD-BOIII guy's fate ambiguous for romantic fan-fiction.
                            Last edited by tonious35; Tue Dec 19, 2017, 01:52 PM.

Comment

• There's an online petition to remove The Last Jedi from cannon, lol.

I hate people.

https://www.cnet.com/news/angry-fans...ource=facebook

Comment

• People are the worst.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X