The Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    finally saw justice league. it was great. don't see what people's problems were. the scene where flash realizes that superman can see him was one of the most epic things in any super hero movie. fantastic stuff.

loved the gods among us aquaman entry

loved that we saw angry soon to be oppressive superman

loved that gotham looked like burton's batman

i think snyder really understands the power of dc's superheroes. they made superman appropriately super.

loved the speed force always around flash, while it isn't around superman.

my one complaint is that they can't do super speed right. the distances and speeds that flash and superman can travel means everyone of those civilians can all be saved in less than one second, but that is nitpicking. can't just have flash instantly get somewhere and vibrate a brick into someones brain or rip out their hearts.

loved that even though flash isn't super strong he was able to quickly move the stalled truck 100 yards or whatever the distance was because speed is force and he can generate near infinite speeds in very small distances.

really liked the movie. super stoked for when luther gets out and kills lois.
    Lol That scene where Superman watches him is one of the best ever. Loved it. Laughed out loud even on the second time.

But just think how raw and "untrained" Flash is right now though - Once he can fully control the Speed Force there's every argument to be made that he could be more powerful than Superman. And I LOVE how they made the Speed Force look as well in JL.

Comment

• So I watched both blade runner movies.

The first one was painful to watch (again). I get that it was made in the early 80's and I should appreciate the film for what they did based on what they had to work with.. but the pace is just so slow. The fight scene at the end was eye rolling (might be a good one to watch when high). Ford does a pretty good job. Felt like Sean Young was fantastic as a Replicant. She does a great job looking the part. I guess the big question in that movie was if Deckard is a Replicant. The fact that the dude from Battlestar Galactica gave him an Oragami Unicorn suggests that his memory was an implant. That was kind of cool to leave us with that thought.. but I don't really get the big deal behind why it was a classic. It's probably the last time I'm ever going to watch that movie again.

The second movie was paced fairly slowly too.. but the music and some of the visuals helped make it feel like it wasn't really that long. I mean there were some parts that could have been cut, but I was generally okay with it. Him having sex with his virtual girlfriend over that hooker was pretty bizarre.

The mystery of whether Deckard was a Replicant I think was solved when the guy played by Jared Leto was quizzing him. Also the fact that he had a kid with a Replicant kind of gave that away (unless a Human can reproduce with a Replicant, which is kind of gross). Ryan Gosling did a fantastic job playing a guy who's questioning his "life" or looking for a purpose for it. I guess that's the one thing a Robot would want more than anything and I think he got what he wanted by uniting Deckard with his kid.. that's why he smiled at the end before he dies from his wounds.

It was a good movie, but probably not something I'd watch again. If I did it would be a few years from now. Not a type of movie that I would have to watch again and again. But I would give it a solid A.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        So I watched both blade runner movies.

The first one was painful to watch (again). I get that it was made in the early 80's and I should appreciate the film for what they did based on what they had to work with.. but the pace is just so slow. The fight scene at the end was eye rolling (might be a good one to watch when high). Ford does a pretty good job. Felt like Sean Young was fantastic as a Replicant. She does a great job looking the part. I guess the big question in that movie was if Deckard is a Replicant. The fact that the dude from Battlestar Galactica gave him an Oragami Unicorn suggests that his memory was an implant. That was kind of cool to leave us with that thought.. but I don't really get the big deal behind why it was a classic. It's probably the last time I'm ever going to watch that movie again.

The second movie was paced fairly slowly too.. but the music and some of the visuals helped make it feel like it wasn't really that long. I mean there were some parts that could have been cut, but I was generally okay with it. Him having sex with his virtual girlfriend over that hooker was pretty bizarre.

The mystery of whether Deckard was a Replicant I think was solved when the guy played by Jared Leto was quizzing him. Also the fact that he had a kid with a Replicant kind of gave that away (unless a Human can reproduce with a Replicant, which is kind of gross). Ryan Gosling did a fantastic job playing a guy who's questioning his "life" or looking for a purpose for it. I guess that's the one thing a Robot would want more than anything and I think he got what he wanted by uniting Deckard with his kid.. that's why he smiled at the end before he dies from his wounds.

It was a good movie, but probably not something I'd watch again. If I did it would be a few years from now. Not a type of movie that I would have to watch again and again. But I would give it a solid A.
        Interesting, I didn't conclude that Deckard is a replicant. I just assumed he fooled around with a robot.

Comment

• So, last night I went to the greatest movie in history. A movie so good that reviewers were literally ripping holes in the movie screens so they could have sex with the film. A movie so amazing that people were spontaneously combusting from excitement in the theatre. The best comic book movie..... since Thor Ragnarok. The first, I mean, second, er, third, or fourth, or 10th or so superhero movie starring a black superhero, which makes it the single most important feature film not only of the year, but in the fucking history of peoplekind.

I am speaking, of course, about Blade.

No, wait. Black Panther. I meant Black Panther. You know. The paint by numbers Marvel superhero movie that sets up Infinity War that all the critics love cause they're terrified to criticize the movie for fear of being called racist.

It was.....................................pretty okay. If you like comic book movies you'll probably like it and if you don't like comic book movies you probably won't like it. The main character is, alright, I guess. He's kinda boring actually but the bad guys and the supporting cast make up for it. There are some decent action sequences. The acting is solid. It's mostly entertaining. It's somewhere among the better Marvel movies though I wouldn't put it ahead of the GotG movies, Iron Man or Winter Soldier, for example.

Comment

• Seriously, though, if you go to Black Panther and agree with the critics (that it's this generation's Citizen Kane) then let me know, please. I certainly didn't get the sense the audience loved it. Most of the superhero movies I go to I get in one of the sneak peeks (I know a guy) and the audiences almost always love, and I mean love, the film. For example, I remember the audience for Suicide Squad was super high on it afterwards even though it was barely even a complete movie and more a series of trailers and edits. Just leaving the theatre, there wasn't much buzz at all. I'm going to be real curious to see what the Rotten Tomatoes audience score is....

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
              So, last night I went to the greatest movie in history. A movie so good that reviewers were literally ripping holes in the movie screens so they could have sex with the film. A movie so amazing that people were spontaneously combusting from excitement in the theatre. The best comic book movie..... since Thor Ragnarok. The first, I mean, second, er, third, or fourth, or 10th or so superhero movie starring a black superhero, which makes it the single most important feature film not only of the year, but in the fucking history of peoplekind.

I am speaking, of course, about Blade.

No, wait. Black Panther. I meant Black Panther. You know. The paint by numbers Marvel superhero movie that sets up Infinity War that all the critics love cause they're terrified to criticize the movie for fear of being called racist.

It was.....................................pretty okay. If you like comic book movies you'll probably like it and if you don't like comic book movies you probably won't like it. The main character is, alright, I guess. He's kinda boring actually but the bad guys and the supporting cast make up for it. There are some decent action sequences. The acting is solid. It's mostly entertaining. It's somewhere among the better Marvel movies though I wouldn't put it ahead of the GotG movies, Iron Man or Winter Soldier, for example.
              i loved blade. first one was so good

Comment

• First Blade was awesome. But then again, I haven't watched it since I was young enough to consider Demolition Man a good movie....

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  First Blade was awesome. But then again, I haven't watched it since I was young enough to consider Demolition Man a good movie....
                  Shut up. Demolition Man is awesome. Classic 90s action movie. Great schlock.

Comment

Shut up. Demolition Man is awesome. Classic 90s action movie. Great schlock.
                    Saw it twice in theatre - once paid for(first 14AA movie when I was just 13), second time we snuck in after some lame movie.

"The fuck am I gonna do with the 3 seashells?"

Simon Phoenix is an underrated villain as well.

Comment

• Saw Annihilation last night. Pretty good. Alex Garland continues to write really interesting science fiction movies. Not as thought provoking as Ex Machina and it doesn't quite have the impact of 28 Days Later or the grit of Dredd but it's still well done.

Would recommend.

Comment

Saw Annihilation last night. Pretty good. Alex Garland continues to write really interesting science fiction movies. Not as thought provoking as Ex Machina and it doesn't quite have the impact of 28 Days Later or the grit of Dredd but it's still well done.

Would recommend.
                        Really want to see it. It's actually based off a book, but Garland did write the screenplay. Really like his stuff. Will be going to see it.

Comment

• Saw Black Panther ... thought it was "Meh". Good and Entertaining, but meh. MBJ is definitely the high point of the movie, and he wasn't in it enough through the first half.

Comment

Saw Annihilation last night. Pretty good. Alex Garland continues to write really interesting science fiction movies. Not as thought provoking as Ex Machina and it doesn't quite have the impact of 28 Days Later or the grit of Dredd but it's still well done.

Would recommend.
                            I'm more excited to see this than Black Panther.

Comment

• Going to see Black Panther right now. Would rather be seeing Annihilation but sadly my theatre only plays one movie at a time. Expectations are low so hopefully I’ll enjoy it.

Comment

• Finally got a chance to see Justice League last night.. and I actually really enjoyed it. Maybe I went in thinking it would suck.. but I had a fun time. Ezra Miller's Flash was a lot of fun. They needed to inject some humour into that franchise, and Flash is the best character to do that.

Affleck did a good job.. loved seeing JK Simmons as Gordon. I actually liked Steppenwolf as well. I would have preferred to seen an Aquaman movie before the JL movie came out. That way DC would get a chance to really flesh out his character like they did with WW. Amy Adams is a really good actress, but she was a horrible selection for Lois. I mean at least dye her hair. Lois is a brunette!

Oh and I'm loving the idea of Dark Seid showing up in the next movie. He's bad ass.

Comment

Working...
                                X