No announcement yet.

TANK vs ANTI TANK - SUPER THREAD - The Because I Can't Keep Track Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noah Vonleh plays for Indiana and has climbed into the top 10 discussions....just saying.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
      Noah Vonleh plays for Indiana and has climbed into the top 10 discussions....just saying.
      Is also 8th on the draft express board and the Raptors are currently...8th last!
      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Do the anti-tankers realize that if we finish with the 3rd worst record, we have a 100% chance at a top 6 pick?

None of us concerned about "winning the lottery".
        I'm only quoting this in the hopes that it forces the 'anti-tankers' to realize it is not about winning the lottery.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          I'm only quoting this in the hopes that it forces the 'anti-tankers' to realize it is not about winning the lottery.
          Good idea. Let me try (with a little added emphasis):

If we finish with the 3rd worst record, we have a 100% chance at a top 6 pick.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
            Was thinking the same thing.

Comment

KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
              I took this "Summary" from a poster on REALGM, and it basically sums up what happened in the interview.

Summary:
              - Had his first child
              - Attended Syracuse vs. Indiana game rather than watching Warriors vs. Raptors game.
              - Have to fix the collapse that happened in the 4th quarter
              - Warriors are unbelievable (trying to cover up Raptors' mistake with Warriors' talent?)
              - Job is 82 games, job is to evaluate the team
              - Toronto is in a lot of conversations around the league.
              - Currently evaluating team, will continue to make calls and communicate with others to figure out how to make the team better or which direction to go.
              - WE WILL NOT BE CAUGHT IN NO MAN'S LAND IN NBA (referring to treadmill?)
              - One issue he's evaluating is the fact that we have same kind of players in the roster.
              - Does not think that there is selfishness in the team, just that the style of the players is causing lack of ball movement.
              This last quote is true, people are confusing selfishness for style of play. Rudy's not out there saying "f u Valanciunas", it's just that he truly believes he's giving the team the best chance to win.

I still (basketball-wise) hate Gay, but I have a really hard time believing he's out there sabatoging the team. He's trying to win, he's just never been a ball sharer and you can't teach an old dog new tricks too often.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                This last quote is true, people are confusing selfishness for style of play. Rudy's not out there saying "f u Valanciunas", it's just that he truly believes he's giving the team the best chance to win.

I still (basketball-wise) hate Gay, but I have a really hard time believing he's out there sabatoging the team. He's trying to win, he's just never been a ball sharer and you can't teach an old dog new tricks too often.
                No but you can have them put down.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
                  I took this "Summary" from a poster on REALGM, and it basically sums up what happened in the interview.

Summary:
                  - Had his first child
                  - Attended Syracuse vs. Indiana game rather than watching Warriors vs. Raptors game.
                  - Have to fix the collapse that happened in the 4th quarter
                  - Warriors are unbelievable (trying to cover up Raptors' mistake with Warriors' talent?)
                  - Job is 82 games, job is to evaluate the team
                  - Toronto is in a lot of conversations around the league.
                  - Currently evaluating team, will continue to make calls and communicate with others to figure out how to make the team better or which direction to go.
                  - WE WILL NOT BE CAUGHT IN NO MAN'S LAND IN NBA (referring to treadmill?)
                  - One issue he's evaluating is the fact that we have same kind of players in the roster.
                  - Does not think that there is selfishness in the team, just that the style of the players is causing lack of ball movement
                  Is it just me, or do the bolded parts add up to corroborate Grange's claim that a full-blown rebuild is in this team's near future?

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                    Is it just me, or do the bolded parts add up to corroborate Grange's claim that a full-blown rebuild is in this team's near future?
                    I wondered the same thing, but it also sounds like the same lip service as before. "Evaluating our players/team" "assessing"

I suspect every GM (except Miami) is in a lot of conversations around the league.

I hope your right but I don't know if this is really anything new yet.

Comment

I don't understand how Lowry has tepid interest..6 Mil per, he's the IDEAL backup on a championship team. Doesn't OKC need a good backup?

Comment

Of course we're rebuilding. Everybody should know this by now. If Gay could be gone he would be. We're not getting any great picks (top 5)this year, but Masai wants top 5 next year, top 5 year after plus NYK's pick. Then we add a couple pieces and 2016-17 we have a lot of young studs and are back in the playoff bubble picture THE RIGHT WAY.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          Do the anti-tankers realize that if we finish with the 3rd worst record, we have a 100% chance at a top 6 pick?

None of us concerned about "winning the lottery".
                          That would be fantastic.

If the *only* things MU accomplishes this year are the following, I'd consider the year a positive step forward:
                          - Moving Gay for almost anything and making sure that $19 million isn't on the books next season
                          - Replacing the coach this season or in the summer
                          - Landing a top 6 pick in the 2014 draft

(+ it would be easy to add any minor transactions (moving Lowry, Novak, etc.) that would add a late pick or a raw prospect and make sure there's additional cap space sooner.)

These moves alone would put the Raps miles ahead next season in terms of building a roster with sustainable aspirations for real winning - instead of this patchwork "maybe we can make the 6-8 seed because the rest of the conference is really shitty" crap.

It may all be a moot point anyway. This team is really bad. Really bad. "Tough schedule"? The Raps have yet to beat a +.500 team. News flash: this team isn't any good. They're 3 wins away from being 30th in a 30 team league, their most important players (DD, Amir, Jonas) are visibly frustrated already, and the current headlines are "When will the coach be fired?" and "When will the rebuild begin?" And we've got people talking playoffs here? I'll applaud the optimism and understand the short-sighted "I just wanna see playoff games at the ACC" sentiment, but seriously...
                          Last edited by S.R.; Thu Dec 5, 2013, 01:49 PM.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Whats a full-blown rebuild? Is that tanking too?

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              I don't understand how Lowry has tepid interest..6 Mil per, he's the IDEAL backup on a championship team. Doesn't OKC need a good backup?
                              'Cause he's a rental who's probably going to ask for a lot more money on his next contract. He's a great backup option for a playoff team if you need a backup for this year only -- unless you are willing to pay him again this summer and for the next 3-4 years. He's the "anti-contract year player" in that he's actually semi-valuable and is on a good contract, so his expiring contract isn't the same kind of draw that, say, Rudy's will be next year...

Still, "tepid" interest probably only means Toronto is still asking too much in return. He's definitely tradeable.
                              Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                                That would be fantastic.
                                And if Masai can somehow, someway weasel another 2014 lotto pick from someone, then it's just gravy

Comment

Working...
                                X