No announcement yet.

Colangelo Shares His Two Cents on the Gay Trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same feeling I get when we talk about Roy Hibbert!

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
      And what the fuck does this mean?

You'd do better to agree with more of my posts mon ami, I know what I'm talking about yo!

I got to get my jabs in. You know, just kickin' at your heels a bit.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Comment

Colangelo is not a great GM but by no means is he a bad one either. He came to Toronto with the reputation of having taken the Suns to eight playoff appearances in nine years as GM. Let's not forget that he lived up to expectations by leading the team to a division title and the 1st round of playoffs the following year after making sweeping changes to the roster.

He tends to get overconfident and it's this (overconfidence) that led to his eventual firing. I'm talking of his decision not to trade Bosh. He was too (over) confident that he could either re-sign him or re tool to make up, so he hung on to Bosh and ended up doing neither.

The Colangelo era is over and Ujiri is not bad but in all fairness to him, BC is a smart executive too.
          Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
            And what the fuck does this mean?

You'd do better to agree with more of my posts mon ami, I know what I'm talking about yo!

It means that you're a bit of a loud mouth, and you may come off as a douche, But you speak the truth.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
              Colangelo is not a great GM but by no means is he a bad one either. He came to Toronto with the reputation of having taken the Suns to eight playoff appearances in nine years as GM. Let's not forget that he lived up to expectations by leading the team to a division title and the 1st round of playoffs the following year after making sweeping changes to the roster.

He tends to get overconfident and it's this (overconfidence) that led to his eventual firing. I'm talking of his decision not to trade Bosh. He was too (over) confident that he could either re-sign him or re tool to make up, so he hung on to Bosh and ended up doing neither.

The Colangelo era is over and Ujiri is not bad but in all fairness to him, BC is a smart executive too.
              I agree on the one hand - on the other he ended up with a pretty dismal record after a 7 year run in Toronto and left a steaming pile of crap of a roster as his legacy.

GMing is tougher and more about luck and opportunity than playing or coaching. So much is outside of a GM's control (available transactions, players willingness to come to the home team, inability of any human to predict the future). There's a lot of luck involved.

The fact that he gave it several goes in Toronto and almost all his moves flopped makes me think he caught lightning in a bottle in Phoenix by pairing Nash up with D'Antoni.

Who knows. Joe Dumars looked like a genius for putting the championship Pistons together. Then he gave huge contracts to Charlie Villanueva and Ben Gordon. A lot of people thought Danny Ainge was an idiot until he dropped KG and Ray Allen onto his roster. But he didn't follow that up with much.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                It means that you're a bit of a loud mouth, and you may come off as a douche, But you speak the truth.
                He said it...wasn't me, man!
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                  I agree on the one hand - on the other he ended up with a pretty dismal record after a 7 year run in Toronto and left a steaming pile of crap of a roster as his legacy.

GMing is tougher and more about luck and opportunity than playing or coaching. So much is outside of a GM's control (available transactions, players willingness to come to the home team, inability of any human to predict the future). There's a lot of luck involved.

The fact that he gave it several goes in Toronto and almost all his moves flopped makes me think he caught lightning in a bottle in Phoenix by pairing Nash up with D'Antoni.

Who knows. Joe Dumars looked like a genius for putting the championship Pistons together. Then he gave huge contracts to Charlie Villanueva and Ben Gordon. A lot of people thought Danny Ainge was an idiot until he dropped KG and Ray Allen onto his roster. But he didn't follow that up with much.
                  Bosh was lost after Colangelo's 4th year as GM and I agree that he was kinda all over the place afterwards. During the Bosh era though, he did OK except firing Mitchell (just my opinion).

It can be called "lightning in a bottle" if it is a two year success. An 8 yr. success is definitely legitimate. Joe Dumars' Pistons took a few years to reach the championship mark. IMO he is a brilliant GM. Like all GM's, he made his share of mistakes. CV and Gordon were two mistakes at a time (they were both signed in the same year). Even Dumars who is known to quickly find a way out of his mistakes, struggled with this blunder. Ainge is mediocre, yes. Very good players (the big 3) made him look like a genius.

Colangelo made mistakes and you're not human if you don't. The fact thought is that BC can build good teams and his record speaks for itself.
                  Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

There were interviews with Bosh and he explained his situation in Toronto and why he left, that he didn't have supporting cast and the game felt like it was getting more and more difficult.

I used to think Bosh just ditched us because he was selfish, or he wasn't loyal, but now I really think BC screwed the pooch for us.

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                      There were interviews with Bosh and he explained his situation in Toronto and why he left, that he didn't have supporting cast and the game felt like it was getting more and more difficult.

I used to think Bosh just ditched us because he was selfish, or he wasn't loyal, but now I really think BC screwed the pooch for us.
                      Bosh also said he was tired of playing out of position at centre in Toronto......womp, womp, waaahhh

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        "Yeah, well, thats like, your opinion man!"

Comment

Bosh doesn't like to admit, or recognize that he wasn't good enouh to attract Free agents to Tornto to play with him. Lets not forget THAT little Torontonion obstacle. Players don't want to play here. Period. And getting them to sign here is fucking hard, REALLY fucking hard. If Lebron was here, it would work, but Bosh? Hell no. He had guy sin the league calling him an effin Cross dresser FFsakes. He was called soft, and weird. Nobody was coming to play here with him. Colangelo wasn't going to, NOBODY was going to get guys to sign in Toronto to help Bosh win.

Comment

If you thought Bosh left because he was selfish and disloyal, you thought right. Loyalty is loyalty "no matter what". If a person finds a reason to be disloyal, he's making an excuse for "selfish" reasons. In fairness to Bosh though, he honoured his contract without saying a word during its course.
                            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                              He said it...wasn't me, man!
                              Hey man, at least he was subtle!

Comment

Colangelo must be at a loss with Raps 3-1 minus Gay.

I know I am lol

Comment

Working...
                                X