Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks Like Jordan Wants to Change the Bobcats Name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks Like Jordan Wants to Change the Bobcats Name?

I don't blame him .... perhaps we can get approval from the league to change the Raptors to the Huskies too.

Forget about the so-called “pressing issues”, as the Bobcats’ new owner, MJ’s first order of business might have to do with the (unpopular) name of his business: “If Michael Jordan listens to his customers, and potential customers, he’ll seriously consider a name change from ‘Bobcats’ once his purchase of Charlotte’s NBA franchise is complete. Too many of you have emailed me with that suggestion not to think it’s an issue to many Charlotteans. You didn’t like Bob Johnson naming the team after himself, and you sure don’t see this as a positive once Johnson is no longer majority owner. This wouldn’t be cheap. I spoke with an NBA executive who estimated it would cost the franchise anywhere from $3 million to $10 million to rebrand the team.”
    Source - Click here

Finally!

Comment

Thank goodness!
      nbaroundtable

Comment

I like the Raptors name. I think it's very good.

Anyway, the Huskies would be a non-starter for the league. It's too similar to the Timberwolves. The league doesn't allow that. They'd veto the idea. They don't want any names/logos that are comparable to another team's brand. Hurts brand recognition. Bad marketing.
        nbaroundtable

Comment

I hate the Bobcats just because of their name.

Comment

This could possibly be the greatest decision Jordan as done yet as an owner - Bobcats is just a TERRIBLE name.
            http://facebook.com/DiseaseMusic

Comment

I think you are all reading too much into a name, bobcats, timberwolves, bulls, bucks, hornets, grizzlies, raptors....whats the difference...and then they are other names like magic, heat, wizards...i mean come on it's just a fricking name, get over it. It's not the name, it's the product that they put on the court...and right now the Bobcats are a better coached/skilled team than we are.

Comment

So you would be fine with the Raptors if they chose to change the team name to the "Toronto Ballerinas" ? How about the "Toronto Pylons"?

A team name is important for marketing purposes.

Comment

Charlotte Tar Heels
                  Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

Many suggested it, most supported it, but the first to deliver the Charlotte Flight as an entry was reader Tyler Whitcomb.
                    DimeMag.com

The Wright Bros. made their historic flight in NC.

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
                      I like the Raptors name. I think it's very good.

Anyway, the Huskies would be a non-starter for the league. It's too similar to the Timberwolves. The league doesn't allow that. They'd veto the idea. They don't want any names/logos that are comparable to another team's brand. Hurts brand recognition. Bad marketing.
                      heh...interesting. never thought of it that way and i'm in marketing.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        DimeMag.com

The Wright Bros. made their historic flight in NC.
                        Then they might as well change it to the "Charlotte Air", and then naturally extend it to the "Charlotte Air Jordans". That should help branding...at least MJ's brand
                        http://facebook.com/DiseaseMusic

Comment

Working...
                        X