The Dog Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dog Thread

I figure there's got to be some Canine lovers out there, ya?
    Have one of your own? Share your stories of Mans Best Friend Here!

I grew up with Golden Retrievers my whole life, and have a very special place in my heart for all dogs.
    And so, after much thought, I've decided to take the plunge, and get a Dog.

I really wanted to Adopt, so have been going on the Toronto Humane Society Webpage for several weeks now, looking for anybody that really calls to me. The problem I've found in adopting, is that very few of them are suitable for Apartment Living. And even Fewer are young pups, like I am looking for.

So unfortunately, I may have to skip adopting this time (until I have more accommodating means for a larger pooch).
    Have been looking for different breeds which I feel will work in my apartment, and yet still not quite be a little Rat-Dog. Y'know?

Being a fan of Golden Retrievers, I've stumbled two newer Breeds, which look to replicate the Look and Personality of a Golden, in a slightly smaller Package.

And so, I introduce to you, the Mini GoldenDoodle -

And the Comfort Retriever (even newer breed, which mixes Cocker Spaniel with Goldens) -

UGH. I can't handle it! I need one now!
    Have found a breeder in Hamilton that breeds both.
    www.petsinthecountry.com

I feel that I'm attached to labradors from now on. I have female labrador, almost 4 year old, trully mans best friend. They're probably even more popular in the States and Canada. Have no problems, really, except that before autumn and spring they are changing fur and there's a lot of cleaning. They mature a little bit later, like at 1.5yr old, but after then there are no problems whatsover. Smart and sometimes too friendly to others, it took me few hours to learn her about 10 words and commands. Does not bark, is patient and calm.
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

My wife and I have a small (miniature pincher), medium (border collie mix) and large dog (labrador/rottweiler mix).
      They truly are man's best friend. I find it incredible how they each carry individual personalities.

Comment

Just got a pup actually, Lab/Shepard mix, but looks like a purebred brown lab. He's quite the handful but makes huge strides every month. He was the biggest and wildest of his litter

he's about 45 pounds now, at 4 and a half months. Don't have any recent pics however, but here are some from when he was younger. I'll definitely upload a pic when he gets full grown

Comment

Rocco, a rescue dog we adopted 7 years ago. He's a very distinguished senior now.

Comment

Our Frenchie. Got her from a family who couldn't take care of her anymore.

Above picture is her best impression of Ice Cube.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Holy.

I missed this thread.

My doggies.....

Comment

if I knew how to upload photos straight here I would, I have way better photos...

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                  if I knew how to upload photos straight here I would, I have way better photos...
                  imageshack.us

Comment

Soo I just put a deposit down on this little guy ...

Comment

Cute!!!

Comment

Planning on getting a dog quite soon. tell me guys, is Julius an odd name for a dog? Considering other names... willing to hear suggestions...

Comment

I think Julius is fine. That's the beauty of owning a pet you can name it whatever you want. My three dogs are named Rocky, Gus and Penny
                          Last edited by xRevise; Tue Jan 7, 2014, 09:31 AM.

Comment

I like Julius!

I'm debating between Bruno and Bowie (Boey? Lol)

You have a dog named Penny?!
                            My parents Golden is named Penny AND my puppys mom is named Penny as well.
                            I hadn't heard it on another dog up until hearing my pups mothers name... and now you as well!
                            How cool!

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              I like Julius!

I'm debating between Bruno and Bowie (Boey? Lol)

You have a dog named Penny?!
                              My parents Golden is named Penny AND my puppys mom is named Penny as well.
                              I hadn't heard it on another dog up until hearing my pups mothers name... and now you as well!
                              How cool!
                              Yup, we named her after the girl in The Big Bang Theory.
                              She's certainly a Penny in the butt as we like to call her because she never stops. She's always active.

Comment

Working...
                              X