The Dog Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Tough day, my Parents dog that they've had for like 14 years died this morning ... definitely just gave my little guy an extra big squeeze ... hug your pets everyone, and throw that ball/stick a couple extra times.
    It's always a sad day when your pet "goes away". It's a pity that dogs do not last very long relatively. I have lost a couple and it sticks for longer than we care to admit. My Golden lasted around the same age... and I still remember her occasionally... 15 yrs. after!

Comment

• Too cute (I had a Golden a few years ago and I still remember her with fondness...sigh).. this will have you either get one ...or a Subaru

Comment

• Future police dogs of Chile....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.68e91c0aab76

Comment

• Dog surfing competition... lol

https://www.theguardian.com/world/ga...og-competition

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
            Never knew I needed this in my life until today ... thanks for sharing!

Comment

• A nice article (book) on dogs relationship with humans and their concept of "love".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/scien...ccessful-love/

Comment

Not a nice posting

Very sad in fact. I don't know what I'd do but it could be a reality though I must say it is quite unlikely to occur in Canada... I sincerely hope. Read on....& there is a vid.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...o-be-that-way/
                Wow.. I know this a very old post but it pissed me off!

Comes to let them know their car door is open, murders their dog instead. Thanks jackass, almost had somebody steal 2 bucks and sunglasses from my car but you prevented it! Hero!

Fuck the police I swear wtf
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Comes to let them know their car door is open, murders their dog instead. Thanks jackass, almost had somebody steal 2 bucks and sunglasses from my car but you prevented it! Hero!

I would of course never condone assaulting an officer ... but do you want someone to go John Wick on your ass? Because that's how you get someone to go John Wick on your ass.
                  Last edited by Joey; Wed Sep 25, 2019, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I liked this one much more than the one Keon brought up ... Thanks for sharing!

Comment

• Time for another dog story!

I believe this to be a truism ... from some personal experience! Read this in the Guardian .... and found a new word ...(peternity)...lol

‘I put myself on peternity leave and we hung out"
                      : Kate Spicer, 49, journalist, and Wolfy the dog, 9, London

There were a lot of things that were a bit awry about my life. The main problem was that I went out and didn’t come home. I’d go on these benders that were incredibly destructive to my wellbeing. And then when I was working, I’d never leave the house. I’d just sit in front of the laptop thinking about all the work I had to do, moping, writing, moping again. I felt frozen in time. Unable to move forward.

There are some things you don’t question because they’re family lore and in my family it was that you can’t have a dog in London. But when I met my boyfriend and we got a flat together, I realised I really, really wanted a dog.

After many failed attempts, we found a man who was getting rid of a lurcher. The night before we met him, I was out and someone offered me drugs. I said: “No, I’m getting a dog in the morning.” They looked at me like, “So?” But it felt massive to me. That morning, my boyfriend and I drove to a place near the M25 to meet the man with the lurcher. The dog walked towards us and was a bit sad-looking, really dirty and smelled terrible. But he was still so elegant and funny, too.

It was exciting having this other little soul come into our tiny orbit. I put myself on “peternity leave” and Wolfy, as we called him, and I just hung out for a while. We’d go for lunch together and on lots of walks. He loved it.

Obviously he’s simple, he’s an animal, but his presence pulled me out of myself and centred me back to a calm part of myself. I was 45 and had worked as a freelancer in London for 25 years and was pretty hardened. But he softened me and helped me love unconditionally. I now had a reason to come home at night. I still went to parties, but in a less destructive way. Sometimes I’d take him with me and he’d just look at me like, “What the fuck? Let’s go home.” And I’d be like, “Yeah, you’re right.”

It’s been an ongoing thing since then to disentangle from doing things that harm me. And to do things that make my short time on this earth joyful and positive; Wolfy is my daily lesson in how to live that life.

Comment

• A bucket list trip with his dog... too fine!

Comment

A bucket list trip with his dog... too fine!

hehe, nice!!!

Comment

• In times of quarantine and social distancing, mans best friend truly lives up to his/her name.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                              X