TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Looks like Netflix canceled Daredevil. And it seems like it was more Disney's idea than Netflix's.

Not sure if I want to see season 3 now if it doesn't wrap up the series in a nice little bow.
    Oh you should watch season three it’s fantastic. It’s a fairly solid end point, IMO, though they could certainly keep going if they were allowed to.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Oh you should watch season three it’s fantastic. It’s a fairly solid end point, IMO, though they could certainly keep going if they were allowed to.
      They’ll definitely keep it going on Disney’s new streaming service.

I’m afraid we’re moving back towards TV with all these streaming services. Eventually content will be so spread out between them all that we’re going to have to buy packages of them to see everything. The golden age of the internet and streaming services is ending right now I believe.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        I thought it was a good way to set up the death of everyone daredevil cares about.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
          They’ll definitely keep it going on Disney’s new streaming service.

I’m afraid we’re moving back towards TV with all these streaming services. Eventually content will be so spread out between them all that we’re going to have to buy packages of them to see everything. The golden age of the internet and streaming services is ending right now I believe.
          I think that it is going to usher in creativity. The guys like disney are getting back rights they thought were worthless and others did the grunt work to make successful. Those guys are not going to keep building so others can take back later, they will start creating.

For me old archer, star trek shows playing in the back ground are all i need to keep my netflix. For others something new will get them to set up their accounts.

Hopefully a golden age of sci-fi is coming. Pretty sure i heard a rumour of wheel of time coming to screen at some point. If not vader, i think rand al'thor is probably the most powerful character ever. I would sign up on whoever's site dropped that.

Comment

• I have just 1 episode left in Season 3 of Narcos. Wasn't sure if the story would intrigue me this far into it, but it's been pretty solid.

Next Up - Narcos: Mexico

Comment

• I don't know how or why SyFy didn't pick this up, but the world is worse off because of it ... Netflix needs to get on it.

Comment

• Finally got Netflix by the way ... feel like I'm the last one. Lol Figured I was watching enough of their shows that they deserved my money. So, good for them I guess.

Comment

• Don't know if this show discussed.. not particularly fond of tv series... but made an exception around the holidays w/family around wanting to watch the Fargo series. Pleasantly surprised at quality and casting (known movie types)... quite entertaining. Noticed that the Coen Bros were producers (they made the original movie) so...

Onto the second season!

Happy New Year everybody!!!!

Comment

• Good pick Bendit!

Comment

• I couldn't really get into Fargo and the movie is one of my all time favourites. I found it got bland quite quick, but I should give it a try. The first episode was fantastic but as I said it decline for me relatively quickly after that.

Comment

I couldn't really get into Fargo and the movie is one of my all time favourites. I found it got bland quite quick, but I should give it a try. The first episode was fantastic but as I said it decline for me relatively quickly after that.
                        How many episodes in before you gave up? Of course tv series tend to stretch out the plot sometimes and can rarely come up to standards of a well made movie... but give it another go... the first season ends with a finality but kinda bleeds into the second season which i just started... but is a different plot line.

Comment

• RIP Mean Gene.

Comment

• Anybody watch Big Mouth on Netflix? Such a good show and pretty damn funny. 2 seasons are available with a 3rd on the way.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                              How many episodes in before you gave up? Of course tv series tend to stretch out the plot sometimes and can rarely come up to standards of a well made movie... but give it another go... the first season ends with a finality but kinda bleeds into the second season which i just started... but is a different plot line.
                              Probably 4 or 5? I found Billy Bob Thornton and Martin Freeman to be very good but once the story shifted to focus on Allison Tolman’s character it lost it for me. Her character is bland and frankly uninteresting. I’ll give it another try though when I have time.

Comment

Probably 4 or 5? I found Billy Bob Thornton and Martin Freeman to be very good but once the story shifted to focus on Allison Tolman’s character it lost it for me. Her character is bland and frankly uninteresting. I’ll give it another try though when I have time.
                                Tolman I agree was a bit of a weak spot/link ...but playing the long game in terms of a series character hers "lives" into the next season!. But there is so much to watch now I can understand putting down the channel flipper.

Comment

Working...
                                X