TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    New GOT show coming out on Sunday. Not getting the hype one might expect. Season 8 really did kill that train dead in its path.
    I don't even know if I'll watch it after the ending of the last series. They don't know how to tell a good story without the books.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

I don't even know if I'll watch it after the ending of the last series. They don't know how to tell a good story without the books.
      Well, that's the benefit though. Not only a) is it a different writer team, but b) the book is written! Fully done!
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        If you have Apple TV I recommend Black Bird. It's a 6 episode mini-series.. last time we see Ray Liotta in anything as well.

Paul Walker Hauser is so good in this. He's easily winning all the awards.
        Apple TV has a bunch of good stuff. Finally watched Severance, it was very good, interesting idea for a world/show.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Apple TV has a bunch of good stuff. Finally watched Severance, it was very good, interesting idea for a world/show.
          For All Mankind is also excellent. I haven't gotten to season 3 yet, but plan to do so soon.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            If you have Apple TV I recommend Black Bird. It's a 6 episode mini-series.. last time we see Ray Liotta in anything as well.

Paul Walker Hauser is so good in this. He's easily winning all the awards.
            Man, I'm 3 episodes in, and it's so good! Taron Egerton is also really good in it.

I also recommend Severence. Best TV watching experience I've had in a while. I was hooked.

Comment

Well, that's the benefit though. Not only a) is it a different writer team, but b) the book is written! Fully done!
              I wasn't sure if they could do it, but HOTD has got me right back into GOT fever. Edge of my seat. First two episodes have been great.

Stand outs have been Rhys Ifans as Otto, and Milly Alcock as Rhaenyra for me.

Lord of the Rings show also starts tomorrow. Pumped. Good time to be a fantasy nerd I guess. Lol

Comment

• Yeah HOTD is really good so far.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Watching that new Rings of Power on my 75" 4K HDR TV was pretty fun .. like alot of fun ... I said "Whoa" and "wow" more times than I can't count. And I really enjoyed what the show is setting up. I'm here for it.

We're definitely spoiled right now with too many good shows.

Comment

• A little underwhelmed by Rings of Power. Decent, but will need to see where it goes, not as compelling as I'd hoped thus far.

Ep 3 of HOTD the best yet. Rhaenyra, Viserys and Daemon are such compelling characters. The action in the show is very good but a distant second to the incredible acting from those three leads in particular.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

A little underwhelmed by Rings of Power. Decent, but will need to see where it goes, not as compelling as I'd hoped thus far.

Ep 3 of HOTD the best yet. Rhaenyra, Viserys and Daemon are such compelling characters. The action in the show is very good but a distant second to the incredible acting from those three leads in particular.
                      I’m the opposite. Rings of Power makes me feel things I haven’t felt from watching a show/movie in a long time. I feel like a kid every episode.

HOTD is basically Medieval “West Wing” or “House or Cards”. The intrigue is there, sure, but it doesn’t have the same sense of wonder that GOT had. My fiancé never watched the OG, so we’re rewatching it, and it makes me see the flaws more I think. Without the Starks (or someone truly noble), it’s hard to really root for anyone except, maybe Vaserys, but we all know where that is headed. I don’t feel invested enough to really want anyone to “win” like I did with Ned, or Rob, or John, or Arya etc. Maybe that will change, and I of course will stick around to see, but ya, so far it’s kinda meh for me.

Comment

• Dang. Helluva performance from Paddy in that most recent episode. He'll get some emmy love for that one I expect.

And why the hell does Aemond now look 10 years older than Aegon?! That said, Aemond seems like a really interesting character going forward.

Comment

Working...
                        X