No announcement yet.

TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westworld has really upped the "mindfuckery" this season ... holy nuts.

Comment

• RIP Anthony Bourdain ... this one sucks. Loved this guy.

Comment

• RIP Anthony Bourdain.

Comment

• Rumours that another Star Trek reboot may be in the works and that Patrick Stewart may be asked to return to the Picard role.

http://comicbook.com/startrek/amp/20...r-trek-reboot/

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            RIP Anthony Bourdain ... this one sucks. Loved this guy.

True. This clip is from one of his recent shows... with music by one of his favourite musicians (and mine it turns out)... a poignant one

Comment

• Still processing Westworld Season 2 finale .. will probably have to watch the whole season a second time just to wrap my head around it all ... amazing show though. Easily Top-5 on TV right now in my opinion.

Comment

Still processing Westworld Season 2 finale .. will probably have to watch the whole season a second time just to wrap my head around it all ... amazing show though. Easily Top-5 on TV right now in my opinion.
                I wasn't even aware it had started yet... looks like I have some binge watching to do!

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                  I wasn't even aware it had started yet... looks like I have some binge watching to do!
                  Oh buddy, prepare yourself for a trip! Lol It's amazing.

Comment

• Legion is the bee's knees.

Comment

• Well, hope everyone enjoyed HBO while it lasted ... AT&T just basically confirmed they are going to ruin it.

HBO made $6B over the last 3 years, and has produced some of the most highly regarded, and awarded, media ever consumed ... but that just ain't good enough for AT&T!
                      "We need hours a day," Mr. Stankey said, referring to the time viewers spend watching HBO programs. "It's not hours a week, and it's not hours a month. We need hours a day. You are competing with devices that sit in people's hands that capture their attention every 15 minutes."

Continuing the theme, he added: "I want more hours of engagement. Why are more hours of engagement important? Because you get more data and information about a customer that then allows you to do things like monetize through alternate models of advertising as well as subscriptions, which I think is very important to play in tomorrow's world."
                      https://arstechnica.com/information-...gh/?comments=1
                      I guess just be thankful that Game of Thrones wrapped when it did.

What blows my mind, is that AT&T doesn't recognize why people are willing to pay $15 a month for "hours a week" .. but hey...
                      Last edited by Joey; Mon Jul 9, 2018, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• https://www.indiewire.com/2018/08/no...te-1201996550/

Netflix announced the guest list and release date for the upcoming season of conversations, debuting in full next month. The half hour-long show has an eclectic collection of guests ranging from actors (Jane Fonda, Michael Keaton, Chevy Chase, Drew Barrymore, and David Spade) to fellow show hosts (David Letterman and Judge Judy Sheindlin). For good measure, there are also chats with “Saturday Night Live” impresario (and Macdonald’s former boss) Lorne Michaels and country musician Billy Joe Shaver.

Definitely watching.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                          https://www.indiewire.com/2018/08/no...te-1201996550/

Netflix announced the guest list and release date for the upcoming season of conversations, debuting in full next month. The half hour-long show has an eclectic collection of guests ranging from actors (Jane Fonda, Michael Keaton, Chevy Chase, Drew Barrymore, and David Spade) to fellow show hosts (David Letterman and Judge Judy Sheindlin). For good measure, there are also chats with “Saturday Night Live” impresario (and Macdonald’s former boss) Lorne Michaels and country musician Billy Joe Shaver.

Definitely watching.
                          LOVE Norm. Very happy to hear this is a thing. Nice find.

Comment

• I'll be watching this:

No idea what to expect, but I'm intrigued.

Comment

Well, hope everyone enjoyed HBO while it lasted ... AT&T just basically confirmed they are going to ruin it.

HBO made $6B over the last 3 years, and has produced some of the most highly regarded, and awarded, media ever consumed ... but that just ain't good enough for AT&T!

I guess just be thankful that Game of Thrones wrapped when it did.

What blows my mind, is that AT&T doesn't recognize why people are willing to pay $15 a month for "hours a week" .. but hey...
                              Ugh, not sure how execs don't realize that over-saturation causes the viewer boredom they're so desperate to avoid.

Just ask Disney (RE: Star Wars)

Comment

• Anybody watch Sharp Objects? 8 episode mini-series based on a popular novel by Gillian Flynn (she also wrote Gone Girl). It features Amy Adams.

I enjoyed it. A little slow but basically crammed it all in over the weekend. I thought it worked well as a mini-series as opposed to a movie. They could have probably finished it in 6 episodes instead of 8 but they had a chance to dive into each character more. Patricia Clarkson was really good. Hope she gets recognized for her work.

Comment

Working...
                                X