Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Comment

• CGI was outstanding in that last episode. Kudo's to the director and crew who put that together.

Comment

• Game of Thrones cut out all the filler they used for padding to stretch the seasons out in previous years. The much tighter pacing makes for a much better show and it also means they have to use downtime to actually advance the plot and the characters (you know, actual "drama") as opposed to meandering, pointless, boring jibber-jab.

Comment

• Just watched episode 6. Holy schnikes!!!!

A certain cast member let it slip that filming for the final 6 episodes(booooo!) starts in October, and rumour has they might be released next September which would be a helluva lot better than 2019. Can't believe there's only 7 episodes left...

Comment

• Lots of action but some poor writing in comparison to past seasons and even past episodes this season. I don't even know if I want to waste energy and time talking about it. lol

Comment

• Here's a punch to the Feels for all you GoT fans:

So friggin' Epic. My body is ready for whatever is coming next.

Comment

• Holy Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu .... my body wasn't ready for that.

Comment

• Was a much better episode than the one prior and it made a lot of sense to take care of lose ends before heading into the great war.

Comment

• Good episode. Thought the whole Sansa/Arya/Littlefinger scene was a bit hokey though.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Good episode. Thought the whole Sansa/Arya/Littlefinger scene was a bit hokey though.
                        Yeah I didn't like that as well. It was weak when considering the extensive six season investment into illustrating Little Fingers mastery of the game of thrones.

I generally view a lot of conclusions as poorly written this season. Dragons, magic and psychics are the writers' answer to everything. That's ok as a one off here and there but this season was weak on the story telling side. I like the action but I was drawn to GOT for the story telling.

Comment

• Actors salaries got too high or they only committed themselves to so many episodes so they can move on and do other things.. It's the only rational explanation I can come up with why they sped these seasons up.

I'm not a fan of the fast pace. Favourite thing about the show is the drama not the action.. and we're missing out on all the cool potential dramatic moments with all these cool characters that were slowly developed.

I might have to read the books now.. but that's assuming Martin doesn't die before he finishes off his saga. Season 8 seems fairly predicable considering there are only 6 episodes left and only one real plot point now.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Actors salaries got too high or they only committed themselves to so many episodes so they can move on and do other things.. It's the only rational explanation I can come up with why they sped these seasons up.

I'm not a fan of the fast pace. Favourite thing about the show is the drama not the action.. and we're missing out on all the cool potential dramatic moments with all these cool characters that were slowly developed.

I might have to read the books now.. but that's assuming Martin doesn't die before he finishes off his saga. Season 8 seems fairly predicable considering there are only 6 episodes left and only one real plot point now.
                            The first three books are excellent fantasy. They are voluminous but are still tightly plotted and well-paced.

The fourth book starts to wander off the rails. The number of characters, plot points and threads becomes unmanageable for Martin and it hurts the pacing and storytelling. The fifth book suffers from the same problems except even more so and is a very, very tough slog to get through.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                              The first three books are excellent fantasy. They are voluminous but are still tightly plotted and well-paced.

The fourth book starts to wander off the rails. The number of characters, plot points and threads becomes unmanageable for Martin and it hurts the pacing and storytelling. The fifth book suffers from the same problems except even more so and is a very, very tough slog to get through.
                              Reading through fan forums it seems that Martin was going to jump 5 years into the future after he wrote that 3rd book, but decided that he'd miss out on some important moments if he did that and wrote books 4/5 (originally was one book, but got split into two). I think most are hoping books 6 and 7 will go back to what he did best when he wrote the first 3.

I'm one to freely admit that I find reading in general boring. I'd rather play Candy Crush for 10 minutes or slog through whatever tv show that my wife is watching after work.. but I might actually buy the first book and give it a try (or actually go to a library - do these still exist ).

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Season 8 seems fairly predicable considering there are only 6 episodes left and only one real plot point now.
                                I'd say 2 plot points, but still. 6 Episodes to Fight and Finish the "Great War" AND conclude the "Battle for the 7 Kingdoms"? In 6 episodes. Geezus what are they thinking. Massive disservice to how much people have invested in this show.

Comment

Working...
                                X