Everything VC: the man, the legacy, the possible return in '14-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raps76 wrote: View Post
    @Stooley that's the thing though, it is a smart basketball move first and foremost given the positional need, length & amount of contract, and production value currently from VC. The emotions & nostalgia are a bonus and the icing on the cake...Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    You got my opinion mixed up.

Generally people here hate Carter. They don't want him back.

I'm arguing: forget that. If he's a good role player (which he is), don't let emotions be the reason we don't sign him.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      He could fit in nicely as Salmons' replacement as our bench wing scorer.
      I agree with Nilanka a lot and hes right. Let Salmons walk sign VC to the minimum and give him back his fucking #15 Amir....

Comment

Vince and Aminu to back up DeMar and Ross... That would be pretty nice

Comment

@Bendit thanks for the link, a lot of good stuff on there. I agree he should be HOF as a Rap but it should def be after playing a 1 or 2 yrs or it won't be the same...@stooley thx I totally got you and agree 100%...@Raptors4Life that's funny, I agree with Nilanka too...@charlesnba23 I'm not sure about Aminu though because we've got Amir, Patterson, and Hansborough at PF and not enough minutes so one of PP or TH has been eating up the backup SF minutes. I think we'll be re-signing PP but if we don't then Aminu would be a good option.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
            I agree with Nilanka a lot and hes right. Let Salmons walk sign VC to the minimum and give him back his fucking #15 Amir....
            Fuck that if he comes back he can choose a new number. Amir deserves that #15 more than Vince does.
            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Raps76 wrote: View Post
              @Fully I agree but don't you see anyone offering him any more than that?

No, not really.

Like I said, he signed a $3 million/year contract in 2011 when he was 34 years old. His production hasn't bottomed out since then but it's still been declining (naturally, he's closing in on 40). I'm not sure why you think he'd be getting a raise at this point.

If he's going to blow the Raptors off for a team that will pay him an extra $750K - $1 million more at this stage of his career, the whole "making good with the fans and the city" thing kind of goes out the window for me and my interest in the guy would go back down to zero. Like I said, if he's serious about patching old wounds with the franchise then coming on for the vet's minimum would be a great first step.
              Last edited by Fully; Tue Feb 18, 2014, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                Fuck that if he comes back he can choose a new number. Amir deserves that #15 more than Vince does.
                Seriously?
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                  Seriously?
                  Yeah seriously. Tell me why Vince deserves it. Because he was a great player when he played here?

This is like your girlfriend cheated on you and dumped you and now the years have gone by and she's ugly and you still want her back...

Comment

This is exactly why I don't want to bring Vince back. Basketball wise it makes sense, but the volatile emotions around him are just too strong to risk with a young team that has great chemistry. Target Wesley Johnson or CJ Miles or Richard Jefferson or someone. Just isn't worth the whole drama anymore. Bring him back for a ceremony after he retires, let it heal that way.
                    @Boymusic66

Comment

What emotions? VC can become a great mentor for DD/ Ross while 'apologizing' by being that Dell Curry-esque gritty vet off the bench for us and making big plays with our 2nd unit.

Having the greatest Raptor return as a mentor definitely wouldn't destroy team chemistry. VC is wiser than he was 10 years ago, and I am 100% sure that he would handle his 'reunion/retirement tour' with the Raptors appropriately.

Im all for it. He can replace Salmons
                      I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                      -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
                        What emotions? VC can become a great mentor for DD/ Ross while 'apologizing' by being that Dell Curry-esque gritty vet off the bench for us and making big plays with our 2nd unit.

Having the greatest Raptor return as a mentor definitely wouldn't destroy team chemistry. VC is wiser than he was 10 years ago, and I am 100% sure that he would handle his 'reunion/retirement tour' with the Raptors appropriately.

Im all for it. He can replace Salmons
                        Difference is I'm not going to boo Salmons every time he gets subbed into the game.

Comment

Lol what? Are you saying amir has more of a legacy here than VC?

people arent going to remember amir in Toronto in 20 years VC will always be recognized and remembered as a Raptor give the man his number if he comes back. Just hope if VC wants 15 Amir isnt a little bitch about it.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                            Lol what? Are you saying amir has more of a legacy here than VC?

people arent going to remember amir in Toronto in 20 years VC will always be recognized and remembered as a Raptor give the man his number if he comes back. Just hope if VC wants 15 Amir isnt a little bitch about it.
                            Amirs never gonna quit on the team, say dunking is overrated and laugh on the bench when the team is losing then want to come back 10 years after being traded to have his number retired cause he never accomplished anything after he left.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Comment

Amirs never gonna quit on the team, say dunking is overrated and laugh on the bench when the team is losing then want to come back 10 years after being traded to have his number retired cause he never accomplished anything after he left.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Comment

Vince is currently wearing #25. He can stick with that

Comment

Working...
                                X