Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
    1. If we were to trade Kyle you guys would be amazed at how quickly things go south. There is a reason Kyle is a top RPM player year-in and year-out.

If you want to make a move then you try to bring in another star using our depth. You don't trade the heart and soul of the team for a lateral move at the very best.
    I think most fans are hugely overrating the Raptors depth, mostly thinking back to last year.

When moving Kyle (I wish he was a more realistic $20M, not 30M), you're not trading Kawhi, Green or Siakam.
    No one is taking old Serge except maybe for a bad matching contract, JV doesn't get much, OG is over rated by Raps fans right now.
    Norm, Miles, FVV, Wright doesn't even get the phone picked up in terms of an impact return.

Shockingly, this team has no depth and Lowry's 30M is an issue. I'd like Butler or Beal here but who are you giving up for him that makes sense to both teams? Masai needs to SIGN an elite FA but again, Lowry's 30M is an issue.

Comment

• Lowry is paid $30M because we were able to get him to a 3 year deal. He is an all-star. The alternative would have been a Kevin Love type deal. So I don't think he's really overpaid. I mean.. Jabari Parker got $20M but it's only 1 year (2nd year is a team option). Term matters.

The giant elephant in the Toronto Raptors board room has to be Kyle Lowry's age. What are we going to do when his contract ends? With or without Kawhi?

Without Kawhi it's a little easier. You try Fred or Delon and try to find someone else via the draft or via free agency. I don't think Fred/Delon are capable long term starting caliber PG's.

With Kawh it's a lot tougher. Kyle is older, and goes through dry spells (as we've seen recently). How much impact is he going to have when he's 34 or 35? Kyle doesn't seem to be a guy that would like coming off the bench in an 'old-man' vet type of role.

Not sure how we get a really good PG in his 20's to come here. Teams without a dominant PG struggle and are definitely not contenders.

Anyway, I can see why guys want to trade Lowry.. it just won't happen during the season. It would create quite the media storm seeing him traded off the #1 team in the NBA right now. The optics would be pretty bad for Masai. We just have to hope his shooting comes back. Hopefully the west coast trip helps get his mojo back.

Comment

• Buy low on Markelle Fultz? lmao
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          Buy low on Markelle Fultz? lmao
          I dont want anything with colangelos finger prints
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            I dont want anything with colangelos finger prints
            Like Lowry?
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
              Like Lowry?
              touche

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
                Like Lowry?
                Lowry and JV are all that's left from the BC 'trust fund'. lol. The pick BC gave up for Lowry would most likely have become Giannis... make of that what you will. And if BC was willing to trade JV, reports are that would have turned into Harden.

Comment

• We could have Kyle and Giannis if Adams got drafted before 12. OKC and Toronto had a trade on the table (most likely for JV) if Adams was no longer there at 12. It was a Woj report:
                  https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1543532

So many what if's for the Raps.

The Ben Uzoh triple double still haunts me too. Raptors lose that game against the Nets and our pick moves from 8 to 6 where we could nab Lillard. And the Nets had only a top 3 protection on their pick. So losing that game never really helped them anyway. Ugh!

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    We could have Kyle and Giannis if Adams got drafted before 12. OKC and Toronto had a trade on the table (most likely for JV) if Adams was no longer there at 12. It was a Woj report:

The Ben Uzoh triple double still haunts me too. Raptors lose that game against the Nets and our pick moves from 8 to 6 where we could nab Lillard. And the Nets had only a top 3 protection on their pick. So losing that game never really helped them anyway. Ugh!
                    Stop

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      We could have Kyle and Giannis if Adams got drafted before 12. OKC and Toronto had a trade on the table (most likely for JV) if Adams was no longer there at 12. It was a Woj report:

the league is full of what ifs

We've had a lot go in our favour too

What if Pop and Kawhi didn't fall out of love? What if they didn't like Derozan? What if Siakam wasn't drafted at 27 and we took Skal Labisierre everyone wanted

Comment

• Hey imagine if everyone just traded players every time they were banged up/in a slump lol am I right

The only thing this presses the importance of is sorting out the rotations so wins aren't hanging on Lowry as heavy as they have been to date. Never mind games in the first third of the season, we know where that leads by the time spring rolls around and it's not good.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• It's clear as day. Lowry for Wall is the only move that can save us.

Comment

• if that's what he has to be for us this year then Raps are not winning it this year.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Jeez guys. Take your legal relaxation medication of choice. Tune into this and chill.

Comment

Working...
                                X