Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapko wrote: View Post
    Honestly, lets think for a sec. What could he say?
    Reporter: Kyle, what do you think of the trade?
    KL (Answer 1): It sucks, we traded a 4 time all star for a player that was hurt (he will not say that);
    A2: Fuck DD & loyalty, we got 1 of best players in NBA (again he will not say that)
    Maybe only logical answer:
    Hey, MU traded my best friend, 4x all star & a very loyal guy, but got back heck of a player. Season looks promising & you will get 100% effort from me as usual,
    I wonder why athletes find it so hard to be honest?

"On the one hand, it really sucks because my close friend isn't around anymore. On the other hand, this presents a new opportunity and I'm excited for this next chapter"

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post

"On the one hand, it really sucks because my close friend isn't around anymore. On the other hand, this presents a new opportunity and I'm excited for this next chapter"
      What if this is not how he feels lmao
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Because various media sources will report one part of that quote, and others will report the other, and both will turn it into drama that isn't there.

"Lowry says the Kawhi Leonard trade sucks. More on Raptors' dysfunction at 6."

"Lowry excited for chance to play away from DeMar DeRozan. We get DeRozan's reaction to this betrayal up next."
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          What if this is not how he feels lmao
          The first part (about missing DeRozan) is definitely how he feels. But if the last part (about being excited to play with Kawhi) isn't true, we're in trouble.

DanH wrote: View Post
          Because various media sources will report one part of that quote, and others will report the other, and both will turn it into drama that isn't there.

"Lowry excited for chance to play away from DeMar DeRozan. We get DeRozan's reaction to this betrayal up next."
          Seems like the only person who's opinion he might care about is DeRozan. And DeRozan seems too bright to not take the full sound bite into context.

If Lowry's goal was to avoid unnecessary media spin, his strategy was an epic fail.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I don't think Lowry cares enough about what people think to make that calculation. The whole thing is just ornery Lowry being ornery cause he's ornery. Much ado about nothing.....

Comment

The first part (about missing DeRozan) is definitely how he feels. But if the last part (about being excited to play with Kawhi) isn't true, we're in trouble.

Seems like the only person who's opinion he might care about is DeRozan. And DeRozan seems too bright to not take the full sound bite into context.

If Lowry's goal was to avoid unnecessary media spin, his strategy was an epic fail.
              Well I don't think Lowry earned a public relations degree at Villanova. I bet my bottom dollar he'll be fine when the questions become about basketball, and he'll get prickly again when the first spurs game nears.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Any PhD students doing something like sociology in here? Here's a free idea for a dissertation:

Use this these forums as data to co-relate how much a professional sports team wins with how much its forum members bitch. I doubt the relationship is zero...but I'll bet it's pretty close.
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                  Any PhD students doing something like sociology in here? Here's a free idea for a dissertation:

Use this these forums as data to co-relate how much a professional sports team wins with how much its forum members bitch. I doubt the relationship is zero...but I'll bet it's pretty close.
                  I never went to no fancy school but can tells ya what...people will find any reason to complain. Always.

Source credit: 30 years on these mean streetz

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    I never went to no fancy school but can tells ya what...people will find any reason to complain. Always.

Source credit: 30 years on these mean streetz
                    Meanwhile, in Alberta....

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                      Meanwhile, in Alberta....

Didnt you know? Conservative Albertan politicians always have regular meet ups at rodeos and farms near fence posts. Nothin like getting those work boots dirty and lendin a helpin hand.

Comment

• Question for superjudge: what are your plans to give back to charity this Thanksgiving?

Superjudge wrote:

This press conference told me a lot.

1. It was a good move to get rid of Derozan, the returns say it all, HOWEVER, I wish to hell it would have been Lowry. He's a little piece of trash.

2. Lowry is a piece of trash.
                        Last edited by KeonClark; Wed Oct 3, 2018, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Question for superjudge: what are your plans to give back to charity this Thanksgiving?

Nice gesture by Lowry, but TBH this stuff is pretty much expected from superstar pro athletes these days as an unwritten part of their job and is sound PR image management. Not that Lowry cares about what people think or write about him. lol.

And 325 turkey dinners would cost like $1500 tops. I mean, is there a franchise guy in the NBA that doesn't give back to the community in some way? IIRC, FVV quietly gave out a few hundred turkeys and nobody made any big deal about it..... this is when he was on the bubble last year, way before he got paid. Nice gesture, though.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            Nice gesture by Lowry, but TBH this stuff is pretty much expected from superstar pro athletes these days as an unwritten part of their job and is sound PR image management. Not that Lowry cares about what people think or write about him. lol.

And 325 turkey dinners would cost like $1500 tops. I mean, is there a franchise guy in the NBA that doesn't give back to the community in some way? IIRC, FVV quietly gave out a few hundred turkeys and nobody made any big deal about it..... this is when he was on the bubble last year, way before he got paid. Nice gesture, though.
                            I like how sandwiched between your comment shitting on it was two flippant "nice gesture"s

Headline: man helps children
                            Commenter: he should be doing more!

How many turkeys is enough Turkeys? Oh and hes also giving his TIME..physically doing it. You have just as much time as Kyle Lowry. The playing field is equal in that regard. So I assume you volunteer over the holidays as well?

Comment

I like how sandwiched between your comment shitting on it was two flippant "nice gesture"s

Headline: man helps children
                              Commenter: he should be doing more!

How many turkeys is enough Turkeys? Oh and hes also giving his TIME..physically doing it. You have just as much time as Kyle Lowry. The playing field is equal in that regard. So I assume you volunteer over the holidays as well?
                              Year-round, actually, except for summer. I'm a volunteer tutor. Have been doing it continuously since university.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                Year-round, actually, except for summer. I'm a volunteer tutor. Have been doing it continuously since university.
                                Nice gesture, but it's pretty much expected of smart guys like golden to help those that aren't as brilliant, to make sure people are reminded he knows stuff. Not that golden cares what people think about him, lol.

And I mean, except for summer? Thats like 9 months tops. Iirc, theres people who tutor year round and work more hours than golden.

Nice gesture though.

Comment

Working...
                                X