No announcement yet.

Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought Lowry acted likea petulant little shit in the offseason.

He's winning me back over, I have been folloing the Open Gym series, he seems to have let all that go, embraced his reality, and has gone back to being a decent team leader.

Way to go Mr. Lowry, way to go.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

This is like the best possible individual award for Lowry that also benefits the team. He's never led the NBA in any category, so this would be huge feather in his cap. Was DeMar's presence cheating him of assists all these years?

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

I'm sorry I can't help myself 'BUT WE DON'T HAVE THE PERSONEL'
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            This is like the best possible individual award for Lowry that also benefits the team. He's never led the NBA in any category, so this would be huge feather in his cap. Was DeMar's presence cheating him of assists all these years?
            Yes. Derozan is a ball stopper, he needs the ball to score. Replace him with Kawhi and Green, 2 guys who can shoot and play off ball and you get more assists.

Comment

• He's been the best Raptor so far this young season. They better get him some help though and soon because he's going get himself injured playing like this.

Comment

• Now, the Raps have also played a lot of games (11, tied for 1st, some teams as few as 9 games played), but he's also way ahead in APG (11.5 to CP3's 9.4). And he's playing less than 34 MPG! That's the 28th most minutes per game right now. A far cry from the nonsense top 10 minutes he used to carry prior to last season (top 2 in 16-17 at 37 MPG!), and only about 1.5 MPG higher than last season. Kawhi is 23rd with 34 MPG flat, by the way, but he's taking full games off so hard to be concerned with minutes load.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  He's been the best Raptor so far this young season. They better get him some help though and soon because he's going get himself injured playing like this.
                  A (finally) healthy FVV and Wright should help.

#NoMoreLorenzo

Comment

• We have a top 5 player on our team, yet Kyle is our MVP. He's been amazing.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      We have a top 5 player on our team, yet Kyle is our MVP. He's been amazing.
                      This year... Kyle is playing like a top 5 player. We’ll see if he can keep it up. It seems like he will be able to.

Comment

• Everything Kyle Lowry

Maury wrote: View Post
                        This year... Kyle is playing like a top 5 player. We’ll see if he can keep it up. It seems like he will be able to.
                        I think he can. He isn’t doing anything fancy, just making good passes and shooting the ball.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                          I think he can. He isn’t doing anything fancy, just making good passes and shooting the ball.
                          It all ties together with discussions in other threads, it's the personnel + systems changes that have opened up the floor. Now Lowry "just" needs to use dribble penetration to shift the defence. A pretty straightforward pass to the perimeter if anyone has helped off a wing, a shovel pass to the roll man or someone near the paint if help has shifted from there - the passes are simple but really smart. They're taking every advantage of how they're set up offensively. Lowry's either going to get a layup off the bounce or you're going to have to help on him and he'll just hand the ball off to a now open teammate. If the help actually rotates the Raps are continuing to make the right pass until the ball finds the open man. The ball moves faster than the defence. Simple but smart + deadly.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• PIPM is a relatively new metric that takes into account overall offence and defence impact on the court. It's an enhanced, more polished and reliable version of the raw +/-. With most teams with roughly 10-11 games (about 1/8 of the season, these are the top 20 players on that metric:

1. Kyle Lowry
                            2. Kevin Durant
                            3. Stephen Curry
                            4. Damian Lillard
                            5. Giannis Antetokounmpo
                            6. Kemba Walker
                            7. Nikola Jokic
                            8. Khris Middleton
                            9. Danny Green
                            10. Joel Embiid
                            11. Pascal Siakam
                            12. Rudy Gobert
                            13. Draymond Green
                            14. Marc Gasol
                            15. Gary Harris
                            16. Anthony Davis
                            17. DeMar DeRozan
                            18. Serge Ibaka
                            19. Kawhi Leonard
                            20. Nicolas Batum

A couple of fun facts:
                            --Raps is the only team in which all the starters are in the top 20 (two are in the top 10).
                            --Celtics have zero players on this list
                            --Some other players not in the top 20: Harden, Westbrook, Lebron, Butler, Paul George and Oladipo
                            --And my favourite: Kelly Oubre has the 3rd worst PIPM at this point, out of 426 players.

Comment

• Lol @ Celtics.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Lol @ Celtics.
                                PIPM ain't easy.

Comment

Working...
                                X