Likes Likes:  1,376
Page 163 of 168 FirstFirst ... 63 113 153 161 162 163 164 165 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,260 of 3359

Thread: Everything Kyle Lowry

  1. #3241
    Raptors Republic Superstar Raptor Jesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,822
    Likes (Given)
    666
    Likes (Received)
    322

    Default

    I floated this idea in a busier thread but, there's a version of this story where Lowry begged to stay

  2. #3242
    Raptors Republic Veteran Scraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6,869
    Likes (Given)
    4035
    Likes (Received)
    4245

    Default

    As a side note to all this excitement, I really hope and pray that Kyle retires a Raptor. With DeMar and JV gone he's the last of my favourites and the main connection I had to the team over the last several years.

    #KyleLowry4Life

  3. #3243
    Raptors Republic Superstar Raptor Jesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,822
    Likes (Given)
    666
    Likes (Received)
    322

    Default

    Yeah he's the end of an era, kind fitting as his non trade and re-commitment was the beginning

  4. #3244
    Raptors Republic Veteran Zainab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,453
    Likes (Given)
    809
    Likes (Received)
    952

    Default

    Quote Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
    Yeah he's the end of an era, kind fitting as his non trade and re-commitment was the beginning
    omggg...no end of an era!!

    Last few years have been difficult for me as I've watched all the superstars that I grew up watching retire. Their playing careers came to an end and my 20s are almost done. Damn.

    No more goodbyes, please!

  5. Likes Joey liked this post
  6. #3245
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    16,558
    Likes (Given)
    4394
    Likes (Received)
    7595

    Default

    Quote Zainab wrote: View Post
    omggg...no end of an era!!

    Last few years have been difficult for me as I've watched all the superstars that I grew up watching retire. Their playing careers came to an end and my 20s are almost done. Damn.

    No more goodbyes, please
    !
    Welcome to getting old. Everybody dies, retires, leaves you...eventually
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

  7. Likes Shredder liked this post
  8. #3246
    Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,307
    Likes (Given)
    204
    Likes (Received)
    400

    Default

    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Welcome to getting old. Everybody dies, retires, leaves you...eventually
    Get out of here with your reality!
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

  9. Likes Joey, Just Is liked this post
  10. #3247
    Raptors Republic Veteran Zainab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,453
    Likes (Given)
    809
    Likes (Received)
    952

  11. #3248
    Raptors Republic Veteran Zainab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,453
    Likes (Given)
    809
    Likes (Received)
    952

    Default


  12. #3249
    Raptors Republic Starter inthepaint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    871
    Likes (Given)
    524
    Likes (Received)
    417

    Default

    Another piece from CBS/generic American network trying to infer Kawhi will not stay with zero new evidence. These people have been relentlessly trying to speak their way into Kawhi not being here. From the day of the trade, saying he wouldn't "report" (based on nothing other than their wish) all the way up to now. It's ridiculously poor journalism.

    It's incredible how places like the Knicks, Lakers and even Boston & Philly have to do nothing, and their always hailed as where player X could land, half the time with no evidence whatsoever, until finally player X has to say "actually, no, I'm not interested in signing there". Either that or the players eat up the spin and fall on their laps for nothing anyway. Whereas for the Raptors the guy is already here (and winning), but they keep spinning the other way regardless.

    This is why I really enjoyed when Dallas won in 2011, and the years the Spurs won. Small markets doing the right work and fighting the good fight despite the hype machine against them. When GSW falls in the next couple of years, I hope the next team up is someone like the Raps, Rockets, Nuggets etc.. anywhere but the LA/NY/Boston/Philadelphia teams. Sorry for the rant.

  13. #3250
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,157
    Likes (Given)
    628
    Likes (Received)
    910

    Default

    Quote inthepaint wrote: View Post
    Another piece from CBS/generic American network trying to infer Kawhi will not stay with zero new evidence. These people have been relentlessly trying to speak their way into Kawhi not being here. From the day of the trade, saying he wouldn't "report" (based on nothing other than their wish) all the way up to now. It's ridiculously poor journalism.

    It's incredible how places like the Knicks, Lakers and even Boston & Philly have to do nothing, and their always hailed as where player X could land, half the time with no evidence whatsoever, until finally player X has to say "actually, no, I'm not interested in signing there". Either that or the players eat up the spin and fall on their laps for nothing anyway. Whereas for the Raptors the guy is already here (and winning), but they keep spinning the other way regardless.

    This is why I really enjoyed when Dallas won in 2011, and the years the Spurs won. Small markets doing the right work and fighting the good fight despite the hype machine against them. When GSW falls in the next couple of years, I hope the next team up is someone like the Raps, Rockets, Nuggets etc.. anywhere but the LA/NY/Boston/Philadelphia teams. Sorry for the rant.
    Houston is not a small market team mate. Neither is Dallas really.

  14. #3251
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer DanH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    15,018
    Likes (Given)
    5317
    Likes (Received)
    9189

    Default

    Quote Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    Houston is not a small market team mate. Neither is Dallas really.
    There's big market and then there's big market.

  15. #3252
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,157
    Likes (Given)
    628
    Likes (Received)
    910

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    There's big market and then there's big market.
    Ok.

  16. #3253
    Raptors Republic Starter inthepaint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    871
    Likes (Given)
    524
    Likes (Received)
    417

    Default

    Quote Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    Houston is not a small market team mate. Neither is Dallas really.
    You're right. Neither are we actually. Should have used another term other then "small market". I meant as in any place that isn't coddled by the media as much as Boston/Philly/LA/NY.

  17. #3254
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,861
    Likes (Given)
    3900
    Likes (Received)
    1463

    Default

    From the front section of RR. Blakes tweet and the accompanying graphic are unbelievable.

    http://forecastingprinciples.com/

  18. #3255
    Raptors Republic Superstar 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,487
    Likes (Given)
    1130
    Likes (Received)
    1328

    Default

    Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    From the front section of RR. Blakes tweet and the accompanying graphic are unbelievable.

    http://forecastingprinciples.com/
    Hey Puffer, is that the link you wanted to post?
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

  19. #3256
    Raptors Republic Veteran Zainab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,453
    Likes (Given)
    809
    Likes (Received)
    952

    Default

    Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    From the front section of RR. Blakes tweet and the accompanying graphic are unbelievable.

    http://forecastingprinciples.com/
    that doesn't look like the description =/ more like a economic forecasting website

    nothing to do with basketball

  20. #3257
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,861
    Likes (Given)
    3900
    Likes (Received)
    1463

    Default

    Quote 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Hey Puffer, is that the link you wanted to post?
    Here we go.

    https://twitter.com/BlakeMurphyODC/s...433536/photo/1

    Don't know how I screwed that up. Hate using this stupid tablet. But I love my recliner enough to turn up my nose at the desktop. :-)

  21. #3258
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,861
    Likes (Given)
    3900
    Likes (Received)
    1463

    Default

    Quote Zainab wrote: View Post
    that doesn't look like the description =/ more like a economic forecasting website

    nothing to do with basketball
    Right you are, but a very interesting site. Turns out their are scientific principles involved in forecasting. And, generally speaking, when you simply take a sampling of "expert" opinions when making a forecast, you violate most of the scientific principles and invariably are wrong. That's why the world hasn't all died from pesticide induced cancers, suffered through another ice age, run out of oil, copper, nickel, rare earths, succumbed to starvation because of over population, died from a massive aids epidemic, seen our forests ravished by acid rain, had all our computers fail because of Y2K, already seen an ice free arctic and suffered from a 5 foot rise in sea level, been blown up by nuclear weapons, etc., etc. All of those things were supposed to have happened in the last 40 years. Experts don't seem to be as good at predicting as chimpanzees throwing darts.

    So you can go ahead and have a great life.

  22. #3259
    Raptors Republic Veteran S.R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    6,224
    Likes (Given)
    3394
    Likes (Received)
    4332

    Default

    To be fair a lot of predictions are just probability forecasts and when a lower probability outcome occurs, people think the forecast was wrong. It wasn't necessarily, sometimes the 40% chance event happens instead of the 60% chance event. Happens about 40% of the time actually, if the forecast was accurate. Funny how that works.

  23. #3260
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,134
    Likes (Given)
    57
    Likes (Received)
    135

    Default

    Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    Right you are, but a very interesting site. Turns out their are scientific principles involved in forecasting. And, generally speaking, when you simply take a sampling of "expert" opinions when making a forecast, you violate most of the scientific principles and invariably are wrong. That's why the world hasn't all died from pesticide induced cancers, suffered through another ice age, run out of oil, copper, nickel, rare earths, succumbed to starvation because of over population, died from a massive aids epidemic, seen our forests ravished by acid rain, had all our computers fail because of Y2K, already seen an ice free arctic and suffered from a 5 foot rise in sea level, been blown up by nuclear weapons, etc., etc. All of those things were supposed to have happened in the last 40 years. Experts don't seem to be as good at predicting as chimpanzees throwing darts.

    So you can go ahead and have a great life.
    In regards to AIDS and Y2K. The former would have been a major global disaster, had human beings not done a ton of work in education and health. A lot of money, time and effort was put into fixing code that could be affected to the Y2K bug. In that sense, those predictions are probably happy to be wrong as humans get spurred into action.

    Pesticides are killing a lot of insects. We're definitely experiencing an extinction event, and climate change is real and another thing that needs to spur humanity into action. (Hopefully, it will and most of the real bad stuff will be avoided).

    And we are running out of copper... to mine. Its a renewable metal, so realistically, we shouldn't run out.

Page 163 of 168 FirstFirst ... 63 113 153 161 162 163 164 165 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 14 users browsing this thread. (3 members and 11 guests)

  1. 007,
  2. Puffer,
  3. Yuri Gagarin

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •