Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffer wrote: View Post
    Jeez guys. Take your legal relaxation medication of choice. Tune into this and chill.
    I'm chill. It doesn't affect me in any way
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Max Kellerman has a point... you insult Masai and you get wrecked.

Comment

• You're telling me this guy won't be able to help our bench and help Lowry out now that hes ice cold?

https://www.basketball-reference.com...l/linje01.html

Comment

• BTW I've never seen an all-star player have a slump as bad as this. Its asinine to me that a pro athlete can be this unconfident with his shot.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
            You're telling me this guy won't be able to help our bench and help Lowry out now that hes ice cold?

https://www.basketball-reference.com...l/linje01.html
            who knows? Shooters die in Toronto

Comment

• The Legion of Lowry atm are worse than the District of DeRozan.

If DeRozan had a positive +/- and zero points in a key game like this there is no fucking way he'd be able to get away with it.

Comment

• What if Lowry is not an All-Star this year? Are we just calling him All-Star off of rep?

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                  The Legion of Lowry atm are worse than the District of DeRozan.

If DeRozan had a positive +/- and zero points in a key game like this there is no fucking way he'd be able to get away with it.
                  I think theres actually more haters trying to ship him out then there is people defending his +/-..most everyone understands it's a slump and we definitely need to him to shoot and score
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                    The Legion of Lowry atm are worse than the District of DeRozan.

When Demar doesn’t score he’s a legit anchor on both ends. Kyles shot isn’t falling but he still makes great passes, runs the offence, plays smart positional D, gets steals/charges etc. Two different worlds of impact regardless of raw scoring numbers.

That being said we need Kyle to regain his confidence. He should be confident, at his best he’s a top point guard in the league. At his worst, he’s still way better than Demar.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                      When Demar doesn’t score he’s a legit anchor on both ends. Kyles shot isn’t falling but he still makes great passes, runs the offence, plays smart positional D, gets steals/charges etc. Two different worlds of impact regardless of raw scoring numbers.

That being said we need Kyle to regain his confidence. He should be confident, at his best he’s a top point guard in the league. At his worst, he’s still way better than Demar.
                      I agree. Lowry is not as polarizing as Demar was or even as JV is on this board. For some reason his strengths (and his shortcomings) are much better understood, and people in general know his grit and good playmaking/BBIQ, even when his shot is not falling. When you peel off the emotions of a loss like yesterday here's the rational bottom line to me:

1. He absolutely needs to revert back on being threat from deep, otherwise the spacing on the floor will become compromised and things will become much more difficult for the other starters, even though he contributes in many ways besides his shooting.

2. The fact his shooting is poor lately is a problem, but in no way justify some of the reactionary and full of bias "trade proposals" that have been put forward. We wouldn't be leading the league if we had John Wall, Holiday or whoever. There's no way. We're leading the league in part because of an explosive start of the season from Lowry himself, right when we needed, as Kawhi was still settling on the team and missing a few games.

3. It is possible to see he sucked badly on the Bucks game and absolutely can't go on this timid with his shot, and the same time realize how essential he is to this team. They're not mutually exclusive.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                        It's clear as day. Lowry for Wall is the only move that can save us.
                        LMAO!

The grass is always greener on the other side for Raptors fans...

Comment

• Holy shit the guy was a mention in MVP conversations 2 weeks ago and he's getting crucified right now. As a member of the fan base, this is embarrassing.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• this is about Kemba but they also talk about physical decline of small point guards after the age of thirty and how they have to become more of facilitators and off ball players. After age of 31 decline is sharp and it's hard to stay on that All-Star level.

And also if Charlotte is thinking that Kemba is not re-signing and if they don't want to lose him for nothing, Masai should call. If Kawhi doesn't resign you don't resign Kemba and you rebuild. Risk is of course how would a team take it that Lowry got traded.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

this is about Kemba but they also talk about physical decline of small point guards after the age of thirty and how they have to become more of facilitators and off ball players. After age of 31 decline is sharp and it's hard to stay on that All-Star level.

And also if Charlotte is thinking that Kemba is not re-signing and if they don't want to lose him for nothing, Masai should call. If Kawhi doesn't resign you don't resign Kemba and you rebuild. Risk is of course how would a team take it that Lowry got traded.
                              I think this is interesting... but one question might be, how would the passing/distribution on the team change, in the absence of Kyle? (I'm assuming Kemba is a worse passer, though I don't know by how much myself)

Of course there's all the chemistry, team morale questions as well. Seems like the Derozan thing worked out, but it was more clear he didn't contribute as much to winning, especially after the fact - Kyle, well, unless he never regains his shooting touch ever again (anyone else worried about some weird lingering injury?!) clearly is quite helpful.

Also, if Kyle plays well enough throughout the rest of the year - maybe there's a small chance Kawhi chooses to at least sign for another year to stick with him? But maybe that's overly optimistic in terms of Kyle's talent.

Nice avatar by the way! If we're lucky you'll at least be able to let the 1 show up sometime soon.

Comment

• DerozansSpurs wrote: View Post
                                LMAO!

The grass is always greener on the other side for Raptors fans...
                                You would think seeing it first hand would have told us all we needed to know about the "great wall of ungreatness"?
                                Last edited by NeedTristanThompson; Tue Dec 11, 2018, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X