Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    24% from the field over his last 4 games. Yikes.
    He started the season on an absolute tear and has been in a slump recently for sure. We joke around here about him sitting out with back issues but there's a good chance something's actually bothering him. Not only is it unusual to see one of the best pull up three point shooters in the entire league in a mini slump, after starting 0-5 last night he started passing up his shots in the second half. Was good to see him drill one late to help put it away.

Key stat for the Raps:

- Lowry's 3P% in 20 wins = 39.7%
    - Lowry's 3P% in 5 losses = 10%
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• This team still goes as Kyle goes.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        Honestly, I wouldn't even mind the prima donna attitude, if Lowry was a real prima donna. Real prima donnas perform their best when the lights are brightest.
        Are you sure? The season is early and the sample sizes are small. From a full year last year wherein Lowry was one of the best 3 pt shooters in the NBA both by efficiency and volume, these were the "bright light" results of Lowry's 3P% against top teams:

- Vs. BOS 38.9%
        - Vs. CLE 43.8%
        - Vs. PHIL 31%
        - Vs. GS (one game) 12.5%
        - Vs. HOU 56%

For a per team average (skewed a bit by one GS game) of 36.4%. His average for the season was 39.9%.

Should be noted his postseason average last year was 44.4%.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          He started the season on an absolute tear and has been in a slump recently for sure. We joke around here about him sitting out with back issues but there's a good chance something's actually bothering him. Not only is it unusual to see one of the best pull up three point shooters in the entire league in a mini slump, after starting 0-5 last night he started passing up his shots in the second half. Was good to see him drill one late to help put it away.

Key stat for the Raps:

- Lowry's 3P% in 20 wins = 39.7%
          - Lowry's 3P% in 5 losses = 10%
          And right after he nailed that one 3, Siakam went up to him and gave him a hug, like Lowry needed consoling.

Comment

• Pretty fair summary: https://www-sportsnet-ca.cdn.ampproj...lay-villain%2F

Comment

• Another fair summary....

https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...-contempt.html

Kyle stole the spotlight, for sure.

Comment

Another fair summary....

I dunno if Feschuk has ever written a "fair" piece. Even the "kyle felt betrayed" portion is taking the quote out of context. He felt betrayed on behalf of DeRozan.

I'm not excusing Lowry's saltiness. He's being a shit disturber for no apparent reason. But I think the media is blowing this waaaaaaaay out of proportion. This is a TMZ story, not a basketball one.

Comment

• Having said that, the idea that Lowry should be grateful for Masai's willingness to empty his pockets, doesn't really fly. The DeRozan trade is proof that these contracts are handed out to benefit the team, not the player. Lowry knows this.

Comment

Another fair summary....

Oh boo hoo. And then we thumped the Sixers, and stretched our lead on the ENTIRE NBA to 3 games.

Looks like the players are still reeling from Kyle's selfish, thoughtless and destructive comments said the man with the pink font
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Having said that, the idea that Lowry should be grateful for Masai's willingness to empty his pockets, doesn't really fly. The DeRozan trade is proof that these contracts are handed out to benefit the team, not the player. Lowry knows this.
                      Having said THAT (woo devils advocate!) Nobody offered Kyle nearly as much as we did in summer 17

His first re sign for 4x12 he chose us. The 2nd time for 100 million he settled for us.

Comment

• I think Kyle's still hurt and he's just not admitting it.... but it's definitely something to do with his back.
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                          I think Kyle's still hurt and he's just not admitting it.... but it's definitely something to do with his back.
                          Then he shouldn't play. That would only hurt the team (and his back) more. If that's the case sit down until you're better.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                            Then he shouldn't play. That would only hurt the team (and his back) more. If that's the case sit down until you're better.
                            The last time Kyle had a string of bad shooting like this was during the playoffs a couple seasons ago when he played in the All Star game with a bum elbow, wasn't it. It bothered him the rest of the season and his shooting regressed in the playoffs.

Makes me think he has a physical issue. I wonder if the team has put his arm under a microscope? Normally you would see an a statement about that.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                              I think Kyle's still hurt and he's just not admitting it.... but it's definitely something to do with his back.
                              I think he's just butthurt.

Comment

• Here is a man struggling with confidence

Comment

Working...
                                X