No announcement yet.

Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I remember they said bargnanis psych evaluation concluded he was off the charts very calm and relaxed under pressure. Well ya he was off the charts calm and relaxed under pressure - he didnt give a shit

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
      I remember they said bargnanis psych evaluation concluded he was off the charts very calm and relaxed under pressure. Well ya he was off the charts calm and relaxed under pressure - he didnt give a shit
      Ah yes, Colangelo's infamous "caliper test".

He now uses the very same caliper to test the firmness of cantaloupes before purchase.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
        I remember they said bargnanis psych evaluation concluded he was off the charts very calm and relaxed under pressure. Well ya he was off the charts calm and relaxed under pressure - he didnt give a shit
        Somewhere between bargnanis open mouthed apathy and derozans nervousness brought on by intense desire lies the exact right type of big moment energy...

I think its called "Kawhi"
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I think Lowry's slump can be explained: we had 2 "big" games on ESPN within one week and Kyle automatically thought it was the playoffs.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Confidence/nerves, splitting hairs, no?

Bottom line is, he's starting to look afraid to shoot.
            That's where I (totally speculate) it's injury related. He knows if he puts it up right now he's got a 5% chance of actually making the shot - so he's passing them up. I have a hard time believing his confidence cratered that hard that fast otherwise. He's a very good 3 point shooter and he knows it.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              That's where I (totally speculate) it's injury related. He knows if he puts it up right now he's got a 5% chance of actually making the shot - so he's passing them up. I have a hard time believing his confidence cratered that hard that fast otherwise. He's a very good 3 point shooter and he knows it.
              Kyle has always lacked confidence in his (very good) shot and it craters easily. I think it's time we all come to grips with it, and his streakiness

I think it's no coincidence he finishes last place in both times he entered the 3 pt comp at all star weekend
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Kyle has always lacked confidence in his (very good) shot and it craters easily. I think it's time we all come to grips with it, and his streakiness

I think it's no coincidence he finishes last place in both times he entered the 3 pt comp at all star weekend
                It's almost like we've all known this, but never actually admitted it.

Lowry's a guy who talks big (Philly upbringing), but between his ears, he's just as vulnerable as the rest of us.

Comment

• Everything Kyle Lowry

golden wrote: View Post
                  I think Lowry's slump can be explained: we had 2 "big" games on ESPN within one week and Kyle automatically thought it was the playoffs.
                  He would be shooting 44% from 3 in that case.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

It's a career-worst shooting slump, I think we should stop normalizing it.

Look at the monthly splits of other high volume shooters - Curry, Harden, whoever - not at all unusual to find 15-20% swings between high months and low months within a season. Some years there's more of that, some years it's more stable. Lowry had a pretty stable year last season (not coincidentally, I think, the Bench Mob season).

Lowry's splits don't really look dissimilar to me in terms of fluctuation. Are we sure he's different or is he just the guy we watch every night?
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• He was bodying up (succesfully) guys like ADavis 3 weeks ago he didnt just get old

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                        He would be shooting 44% from 3 in that case.
                        Lowry is a career 34% from 3 in playoffs. Last year was the first time he shot over 35% from 3 in the playoffs.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            Can't expect the refs to catch everything. Especially those subtle little body slams the vets learn to use.

Comment

• Everything Kyle Lowry

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              Lowry is a career 34% from 3 in playoffs. Last year was the first time he shot over 35% from 3 in the playoffs.
                              He shot 39.5% from 3 in 2014.

He had an awful series against the Wizards (the entire team did) and the Pacers (had an injury right before the Playoffs). He was okay against the Bucks. Other than that, he generally plays well in the Playoffs.
                              Last edited by A.I; Wed Dec 12, 2018, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                It was the collision with Jonas that might've spurred the slump.

Comment

Working...
                                X