Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Lowry is a career 34% from 3 in playoffs. Last year was the first time he shot over 35% from 3 in the playoffs.
    Lowry has been to the playoffs 6 times and shot over 34% 3 times. I don't know what player page you're looking at.

His Houston playoffs he wasn't a 3 pt shooter yet and the argument here will always be he was banged up for the ECF trip and yes, his shot was the thing to go in those runs and it was terrible. (As AI mentioned the 4 game Washington sweep was an abysmal outing for the entire team.) In the 3 playoffs here he was healthy he shot a combined 40% (58/144).

Main takeaway for me will still be "Lowry needs to be 100% healthy for the playoffs" and not "Lowry can't shoot in the playoffs"
    Last edited by S.R.; Wed Dec 12, 2018, 10:41 AM.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• This man's 3 point shot needs some type of -o-meter that represents the Raps' chance of winning a game based on how many he hits.

Lowry's 3P% in W/L, updated:

- 21 wins, 40.3%
      - 7 losses, 9.5%
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        This man's 3 point shot needs some type of -o-meter that represents the Raps' chance of winning a game based on how many he hits.

Lowry's 3P% in W/L, updated:

- 21 wins, 40.3%
        - 7 losses, 9.5%
        No correlation...... according to DanH.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          No correlation...... according to DanH.

Of course there's correlation. The question is causality. And more importantly, exclusivity of cause.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            Of course there's correlation. The question is causality. And more importantly, exclusivity of cause.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
              Can't expect the refs to catch everything. Especially those subtle little body slams the vets learn to use.
              Except the refs did catch it? I went back and checked the game, and sure enough, a loose ball foul was called on Jerebko on that play. You can check the play by play if you'd like some further verification - I watched the video to double check that it was the same play. Looks like the refs actually do their job correctly, some of the time!

I guess the point was just that that whole incident might've contributed to Lowry's slump, as others have pointed out above.

Wonder if that could've/should've been a flagrant, though, any opinions?
              Last edited by NeedTristanThompson; Wed Dec 12, 2018, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Oh man, if you thought DeRozan and/or Casey were polarizing figures, the Bargnani "discussions" would've made your head explode.
                Hmmm interesting. I wouldn't know, because back when I first started following the Raps, around the start of the 2012 season or so, my understanding was that we all hated Bargnani, and he should be shipped out of town immediately. I suppose maybe mostly everyone had realized he didn't seem to care about playing basketball/improving or really anything at that point?

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Yes but confidence issues are not the yips.
                  Um, they are the 100% definition of the yips, what the hell are you talking about?

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                    Um, they are the 100% definition of the yips, what the hell are you talking about?
                    So every time somebody is shooting poorly for a couple weeks its the yips? I know you've perfected talking out of your ass but I don't wanna smell that shit

The yips is the loss of fine motor skills in athletes. The condition occurs suddenly and without apparent explanation, usually in mature athletes with years of experience. It is poorly understood and has no known treatment or therapy. Athletes affected by the yips sometimes recover their ability, which may require a change in technique. Many are forced to abandon their sport at the highest level.

The yips manifest themselves as sudden movements at crucial moments, and occur most often in sports in which athletes are required to perform a single precise and well-timed action such as golf and darts. The condition is also experienced by snooker players, bowlers in cricket and pitchers in baseball.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Keon, don't ever forget one thing, just because I don't dwell here as much as I did 5 years ago, doesn't mean I am no longer leaps and bounds ahead of you in all things NBA basketball, women, and making Omlettes.

Know your role Son.

Comment

So every time somebody is shooting poorly for a couple weeks its the yips? I know you've perfected talking out of your ass but I don't wanna smell that shit
                        Both of you clowns are wrong. These are The Yips....

... a happy and confident looking family.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                          Keon, don't ever forget one thing, just because I don't dwell here as much as I did 5 years ago, doesn't mean I am no longer leaps and bounds ahead of you in all things NBA basketball, women, and making Omlettes.

Know your role Son.
                          A lots changed around here Craig. Many are no longer familiar with your special charm.

Let me get you up to speed. Axel is MIA. Matt52 had an existential crisis. T rex changed his name to "rawr" or some shit.

One thing has not changed. Keonclark. I'm that dude. I bring the heat, with no rest days. If you say dumb shit, and I've quoted your post, its already over. Play dead. Roll over. Sit. Stay. Good boy.

Now, go make me an omelette. Extra hot sauce. That's how daddy likes.

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

A lots changed around here Craig. Many are no longer familiar with your special charm.

Let me get you up to speed. Axel is MIA. Matt52 had an existential crisis. T rex changed his name to "rawr" or some shit.

One thing has not changed. Keonclark. I'm that dude. I bring the heat, with no rest days. If you say dumb shit, and I've quoted your post, its already over. Play dead. Roll over. Sit. Stay. Good boy.

Now, go make me an omelette. Extra hot sauce. That's how daddy likes.

You don't hve to tell me how daddy likes it, your girl tells me all the time, while I'm doing her like SHE LIKES IT!

Knock knock MF

Comment

• Back to back, woooooooo!

Comment

• 9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X