Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    If he starts laying or shitting bricks then the defense will definitely sag off him until he starting hitting again.
    Ok so you think he's Tony Allen ok.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      Ok so you think he's Tony Allen ok.
      When he gets the yips, he is. We won't be playing scrub teams in the playoffs. Every possession matters.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        When he gets the yips, he is. We won't be playing scrub teams in the playoffs. Every possession matters.
        "Yips" ok. We live and die with Tony Allen then
        Last edited by MixxAOR; Thu Feb 21, 2019, 04:12 PM.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
          Wtf does this have to do with anything?

My point is he needs to perform. We're trying to win the fucking title. We can't have our star PG go missing in the playoffs.
          It has to do with the post you made previous, are you being purposely daft?

You're talking about 30 million and have in multiple posts about Lowry than act like I'm babbling on my own tangent when I address it.

Lowry needs to average 15 and 9 and hit above average from 3. Im confident he will because defense have a lot more to worry about then just DeRozan and Lowry now
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• “Yips” lol. There was a handful of games where he passed up shots earlier in the season whether that was him not being confident because he was struggling or an injury, hes been aggressive and playing well recently. He played pretty well last Playoffs too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• This is a GOOD thing that we dont need 20 ppg Lowry anymore. It's more new acquisitions and internal development than it is Lowry regression. People can mock it all they want but he does offer "so much that doesnt show up on a stat sheet"..he seems comfortable natural sliding into the 3rd or 4th option and it SHOULD be ideal

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                This is a GOOD thing that we dont need 20 ppg Lowry anymore. It's more new acquisitions and internal development than it is Lowry regression. People can mock it all they want but he does offer "so much that doesnt show up on a stat sheet"..he seems comfortable natural sliding into the 3rd or 4th option and it SHOULD be ideal
                Yup, for some reason it's easy to forget that Lowry is second in the league in assists per game, and it's not like he's dominating the ball to get those assists.

Comment

This is a GOOD thing that we dont need 20 ppg Lowry anymore. It's more new acquisitions and internal development than it is Lowry regression. People can mock it all they want but he does offer "so much that doesnt show up on a stat sheet"..he seems comfortable natural sliding into the 3rd or 4th option and it SHOULD be ideal
                  Agreed. He doesn’t have to force the offense as much anymore. All he has to do is make open shots and do what Kyle does best, facilitate, take charges, and be the leader that he is.

We have Kawhi who can drop 25+ a game, Pascal is becoming a natural 20 ppg scorer, Kyle, Gasol and Ibaka can all give you 15 to 20 a game, and you have FVV, Powell, Lin and OG who can drop double digits when they are on their game.

Comment

Well, look, Lowry was actually pretty good in the playoffs last year. Outside of the first two games against WSH, he was pretty much on fire from three - in 6 of the 10 games they played he shot over 50% from three. He went 17/9/4 and shot 44% from three and 50% from the field overall. Take out the game 4 stinker in Cleveland where they had given up and the numbers are even better.

Does Lowry need to be productive? Yes, of course, but I think even more importantly he needs to be a playmaker. This team still has a surfeit of perimeter guys who can create with the ball in their hands: Green can't, Siakam is limited, FVV can't finish, Powell is out of control too often, Lin is a back-up and Leonard is to compartmentalized from the rest of the team. They need Lowry to make plays late in the clock and to stop runs against them, etc. It's the situational basketball that matters ion the playoffs (Raps fans know this better than anyone) and ornery, cocky Lowry can be a difference-maker in those situations. Passive, deferential Lowry is no good to them.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                      Well, look, Lowry was actually pretty good in the playoffs last year. Outside of the first two games against WSH, he was pretty much on fire from three - in 6 of the 10 games they played he shot over 50% from three. He went 17/9/4 and shot 44% from three and 50% from the field overall. Take out the game 4 stinker in Cleveland where they had given up and the numbers are even better.

Does Lowry need to be productive? Yes, of course, but I think even more importantly he needs to be a playmaker. This team still has a surfeit of perimeter guys who can create with the ball in their hands: Green can't, Siakam is limited, FVV can't finish, Powell is out of control too often, Lin is a back-up and Leonard is to compartmentalized from the rest of the team. They need Lowry to make plays late in the clock and to stop runs against them, etc. It's the situational basketball that matters ion the playoffs (Raps fans know this better than anyone) and ornery, cocky Lowry can be a difference-maker in those situations. Passive, deferential Lowry is no good to them.
                      Not sure what your definition of "making plays" is, but neither Lowry nor FVV has a quick enough first step or craftiness to take their man off the dribble and gain an advantage consistently. Only Lin can do that. Lowry used to be able to turn the corner and even get right to the rim, but that's few and far between these days. If that's what we're hoping for, then we should just try to get Gasol up to speed as the go-to playmaker.
                      Last edited by golden; Thu Feb 21, 2019, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• Lowry's career ppg is 14.4. This year his average is 14.3. That is also his average ppg at age 25 (his last season in Houston before we got him).

There were 2 seasons in Lowry's 15 year career where he averaged 20+ ppg: The 15/16 and 16/17 seasons. Those were the hayday years of the "best back court in the East", with peak Casey heavy usage of Lowry & Derozan. It was a fun time, but also a time where we rightfully complained we had no Frontocourt, or even good role players in general to support our guards.

Now we do. The focus of this team shifted from the backcourt to the frontcourt. We have an MVP caliber wing (Kawhi), a borderline all- star big on the rise (Siakam), a savvy star veteran in Gasol, and another big (Ibaka) that's been nearly getting a double-double a night (incidentally mostly because of Lowry p'n'r action). So Lowry's role on the offence changed, there's only one ball.

Having said all that, I don't think that excuses Lowry from being a scoring threat. He needs to maintain his gravity from deep and have defenders respect his shot, so the floor spacing is maintained. He needs to not pass up shots when he's open, and hit them at a good %. I don't buy the argument of "oh, it's ok if Lowry just hookup his teammates". He's been too timid at times. On the other hand, you're not gonna get the same raw scoring you got when the team depended squarely on him and Derozan to put up points on the board. The composition of the team is just too different.

To me personally, the truth of this argument (and the realistic/ideal "spot" for Lowry's offence this year) lies at some point between these two extremes, and frankly I don't think he's that far from it.
                        Last edited by inthepaint; Thu Feb 21, 2019, 06:58 PM.

Comment

• I'm not saying Lowry needs to score 20 a game. In fact if he's scoring 20ppg something is probably going wrong or he's shooting a ridiculously high percentage, because he shouldn't even be taking enough shots to score that much.

All I'm saying is he has to be aggressive and put pressure on the defense. He can't just be a good on-off stats role player like some people seem to think is acceptable for a 30M a year all-star PG. He needs to actually play like an all-star. That doesn't mean scoring 20ppg it means being imposing, impactful and putting pressure on the opposing defense. Just drawing charges and standing in the corner isn't going to be good enough.

Comment

• Lowry just has to do what he's always done. Find a way for the Raptors to win the minutes he plays. And he does that almost every year (14-15 being the lone exception), injured or not, scoring or not, shooting well or not. Maybe we should stop worrying until we actually have a reason to.

If the Raptors need Lowry to be a significant scoring threat to win their minutes, that's what he'll be. They won't need that, and therefore we probably won't consistently see him be that, but since they won't need it that won't matter.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Lowry just has to do what he's always done. Find a way for the Raptors to win the minutes he plays. And he does that almost every year (14-15 being the lone exception), injured or not, scoring or not, shooting well or not. Maybe we should stop worrying until we actually have a reason to.

If the Raptors need Lowry to be a significant scoring threat to win their minutes, that's what he'll be. They won't need that, and therefore we probably won't consistently see him be that, but since they won't need it that won't matter.
                              Although there is no way of truly knowing, I'd be happy to find out that Lowry was finished behaving like a child with regard to the Derozan trade. It retarded precious chemistry development for way to long when they time frame is actually critical. On court footage of Lowry and Leonard of late had been promising, and although I am almost certain Deroazans return will be a set back, the fact that it's even an issue, I place all on Lowry, he's a grown man, he should know better, and does know better, he's been selfish since he got here.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Lowry just has to do what he's always done. Find a way for the Raptors to win the minutes he plays. And he does that almost every year (14-15 being the lone exception), injured or not, scoring or not, shooting well or not. Maybe we should stop worrying until we actually have a reason to.

I mean, it was a huge accomplishment when be won all the minutes in 2014 when he was playing with chuck hayes and Terrence Ross. Now hes got Kawhi, Danny, gasol, siakam...I wouldn't say simply "winning your minutes 5 on 5" is a good enough benchmark. He needs to be a shooting threat. You could stick delon Wright with those 4 and hed probably "win his minutes"

Comment

Working...
                                X