No announcement yet.

Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumours that 6ers have their sights set on Jrue Holiday (as per Zach Lowe's "sources").

The Sixers will take a hard look at Holiday, sources say; he fits what they need around Ben Simmons, and the hilariousness of Philly bringing Holiday back after flipping him to start The Process is irresistible.
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...s-pelicans-nba

Lowry staying in Toronto couldn't be a safer bet.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Rumours that 6ers have their sights set on Jrue Holiday (as per Zach Lowe's "sources").

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...s-pelicans-nba

Lowry staying in Toronto couldn't be a safer bet.
      Haha he quote says it all. Jrue holiday started the process because of treadmill, then they hire a new gm, mr treadmill himself
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Do Spurs have cap space?
        Or a coach that will let him run the show? And no disrespect to Kawahi, but he's not exactly bro crush material.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
          Or a coach that will let him run the show? And no disrespect to Kawhi, but he's not exactly bro crush material.
          Lol, he's so dead-faced.

"Hey Kawhi, the Spurs just signed Lowry, Butler and Cousins. How do you feel?"

"I'm pumped."

Comment

• Lowry based on the news I just read; should sell his house in Philly and move to Toronto full time.

This has not been a good week for the man.
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
              Lowry based on the news I just read; should sell his house in Philly and move to Toronto full time.

any idea of how much he lost ?
              Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                Lowry based on the news I just read; should sell his house in Philly and move to Toronto full time.

What?

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                  any idea of how much he lost ?
                  From what I was reading; at least a million.

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  What?
                  Burglary of his Philly home.
                  "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                  "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• At least we know he won't be signing in Philly after that, am I right? Eh?

..Bad time?

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                      At least we know he won't be signing in Philly after that, am I right? Eh?

..Bad time?
                      Meh. Stolen jewelry is not the end of the world. I'm sure he's insured

Comment

• Good article up on ESPN written by Lowe.

Good section specifically highlighting Lowry:
                        The six best guards should all get in, but it's worth shouting one last time: There is no case for any of them to start over Lowry. The lack of support for Lowry among fans, media, and fellow players has been borderline shocking. Maybe the Spooky Mulder contingent of Toronto fans is right that people ignore what's popping in the T-Dot -- except that Lowry's co-pilot is starting!

Perhaps Lowry just doesn't look the part of a superstar. He's small, and he doesn't manipulate every possession with the slow precision of Chris Paul. Paul's control over the game is almost ostentatious: "I AM CHESS MASTER!" Not so with Lowry. He doesn't have an identifiable go-to move other than pulling from Curry-level range. He doesn't dunk. He gets a lot of mileage from coaxing mediocre defenders into dumbass fouls.

But he's shooting 43 percent from deep on high-wire triples, and the guy never stops moving. That sounds YMCA-level simple, but ceaseless movement is a weapon against defenders who exhale the second their guy gives up the ball. In that moment, Lowry vanishes. He's off to take a give-and-go from Jonas Valanciunas, spot up from a new location, sneak in for an offensive rebound, or snag a dribble-hand-off. Maybe constant motion is Lowry's go-to move.

Lowry has been something like the tenth-best player in the league over the last two-plus season. He drives the Raptors; for the second straight year, the Drakes fall apart when DeRozan plays without Lowry and thrive in the opposite circumstance -- just as the Cavs disintegrate when Irving runs the show without LeBron.

Noise clouds those numbers, but when the same trend pops up year after year, we should take notice.

Lowry is nearly even with Irving in raw scoring, and outdoes him in every other measure -- especially on defense, where (to be polite) it's not close. Lowry hasn't played to the same level in the postseason, and if you need a do-or-die bucket in the last minute of an elimination game, Irving is the coldblooded shooter for the job. But those are not the criteria for All-Star spots -- at least not on this ballot.

Thomas laps everyone in points per game. He's ridiculous -- a hunched blur with a bottomless bag of tricks to toast fools one-on-one, and coax floaters over and through the poor big men waiting in the lane. He has more variations on the hesitation dribble than most guards have dribble moves, period. He improves his passing every season; his assist numbers are middling, but he is near the top of the league in hockey assists -- a reflection of how he punctures the defense, and triggers ping-ping passing sequences that lead to open 3s. Still: There are three or four contorting drives per game where you wish he'd make the simple kick-out pass.

He's averaging 29 points per game. That is insane. Boston's offense scores just 101.5 points per 100 possessions when he sits -- about equivalent to Orlando's 29th-ranked offense, per NBA.com.

Lowry is the lifeblood of Toronto's scoring machine in the same way, and he's in a different universe on the other end. Boston hemorrhages about 111 points per 100 possessions with Thomas on the floor, a mark that would rank almost dead last on the team level. That is not all on Thomas. Boston hasn't defended with the same in-your-face growl this season, and three key defenders among their starting five -- Avery Bradley, Jae Crowder, and Al Horford -- have all missed time. Thomas mostly plays against the best opponent lineups.

But Thomas is not part of the solution. His size will always be a soft spot for teams to pick at.

Thomas also doesn't have a DeRozan-level scorer to whom he has must defer. That argument cuts both ways: Lowry could pour in more points as an undisputed alpha dog, but perhaps at a cost to both his shooting accuracy and his defense. On the flip side, pair Thomas with another elite off-the-bounce scorer, and he might refine the other parts of his game.

Right now, Lowry is a better player.

Comment

• Not sure how to find this stat, but can someone check what Lowry's FT% is in crunch time? It feels like it drops down to 60%.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                            Not sure how to find this stat, but can someone check what Lowry's FT% is in crunch time? It feels like it drops down to 60%.
                            Blake and Will were talking about it in their reaction podcast. He shoots 75% on free throws in clutch situations.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• [QUOTE=TRex;719647]

Comment

Working...
                                X