Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be our go to guy with final shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we need a 3 my vote is in this order
    Lowry
    Ross (love this option as he wouldn't be expected and can always get his shot off.)
    Novak (if casey figures out how to run a play for him)
    Demar

2 pointer i want a play run for demar curling off a screen, a post up on some sort of mismatch or even just dribble handoff from kyle where kyle has option to keep and go with it.

Comment

I don't think it should be anyone in particular. If there was a Superstar like Vince, it would've been a different story but as the team is composed, they should go with how the game's going. It could be Kyle or Demar or Ross or even PP or Gravis depending on the hot hand and opponents weaknesses/tendencies. Even Amir is not a bad option.
      Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Team MVP- KYLE LOWRY...he is money in the bank when the pressure is on

Comment

I have one problem with this thread.

We already have a number 1 closer, one of the very best.

Landry Fields.

#FIELDS4MVP
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

How about we run an actual proper play? Let Lowry initiate it to minimize hiccups. Then you want to look at running something with multiple options. Whether that's getting DD a mismatch in the post, hitting JV or Amir off a pick, setting up Ross for three or KLow doing it himself.

Hate this iso-crap at the end of games. There's literally only one player in the NBA who should be doing that and his name is Durant.

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
              How about we run an actual proper play? Let Lowry initiate it to minimize hiccups. Then you want to look at running something with multiple options. Whether that's getting DD a mismatch in the post, hitting JV or Amir off a pick, setting up Ross for three or KLow doing it himself.

Hate this iso-crap at the end of games. There's literally only one player in the NBA who should be doing that and his name is Durant.
              Even Durant shouldn't be doing ISOs...unless they need a three

I think the raps should run pin down screens for DeMar and Ross who flash out to the wings, they are option #1, if it isn't there Amir comes top for a high screen and roll action with Lowry, with Ross and DD now sitting in the corners and JV on the opposite baseline (preferable on DD's side since Ross is the better 3pt shooter and should have the cleaner passing lane), Amir is an ELITE finisher, Lowry can both score and dish off the screen. A very generic play, but one that can be executed quickly, has lots of screens that will create miss-matches on switches (especially 2 guards on the PnR, which will help finishing at the rim, but also have a big who will suck in and leave JV or a shooter), it also has lots of options and player movement.

Definitely could be run in 10 seconds. The only way to stop it is to throw a double on the ball handler or have extremely high pressure, in both cases I am comfortable with Lowry making the right decision.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                Even Durant shouldn't be doing ISOs...unless they need a three

I think the raps should run pin down screens for DeMar and Ross who flash out to the wings, they are option #1, if it isn't there Amir comes top for a high screen and roll action with Lowry, with Ross and DD now sitting in the corners and JV on the opposite baseline (preferable on DD's side since Ross is the better 3pt shooter and should have the cleaner passing lane), Amir is an ELITE finisher, Lowry can both score and dish off the screen. A very generic play, but one that can be executed quickly, has lots of screens that will create miss-matches on switches (especially 2 guards on the PnR, which will help finishing at the rim, but also have a big who will suck in and leave JV or a shooter), it also has lots of options and player movement.

Definitely could be run in 10 seconds. The only way to stop it is to throw a double on the ball handler or have extremely high pressure, in both cases I am comfortable with Lowry making the right decision.
                I'd say he did pretty well against us a few games ago...
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                  I'd say he did pretty well against us a few games ago...
                  Well they did go for the three....

Comment

So many great comments on this thread, and I agree with many of them.

Personally, I would love to see a pick and roll with Derozan as the ball handler and Amir/JV as the rollers. If Demar doesn't have the pass or the drive, he hits Lowry with a pass and Lowry can either shoot his shot, swing to Ross in the corner, or hit a rolling Amir/JV. Obviously you can change Lowry and Derozan's roles, so long as they only shoot if the shot is a clear one.

Bottom line, we need to break down the defence with a real play call, not a lazy hero ball play.
                    I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                    -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Catch and shoot, anyone

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                        Catch and shoot, anyone

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Absolutely, off a set play. No worrying about the time, no worrying about breaking down the defence. A guy like Derozan would likely excel in this with a set play designed specifically to hit him with an open jump shot.

Oh, and nice avatar lol
                        I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada

Comment

YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
                          So many great comments on this thread, and I agree with many of them.

Personally, I would love to see a pick and roll with Derozan as the ball handler and Amir/JV as the rollers. If Demar doesn't have the pass or the drive, he hits Lowry with a pass and Lowry can either shoot his shot, swing to Ross in the corner, or hit a rolling Amir/JV. Obviously you can change Lowry and Derozan's roles, so long as they only shoot if the shot is a clear one.

Bottom line, we need to break down the defence with a real play call, not a lazy hero ball play.
                          DD ball handling late game is a sure fire way for him to dribble off his foot. He is not good as the ball handler. Period.

Comment

Lowry or DeRozan or Ross. The ball needs to go to Lowry first though. Either to create his own shot or set up a play for DeRozan or Ross.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                              DD ball handling late game is a sure fire way for him to dribble off his foot. He is not good as the ball handler. Period.
                              Yeah, I guess I agree with that. Lowry has to be the ball handler, but I still think that Derozan has to somehow be involved in the play, either as the guy who swings the pass into the post or the guy taking the shot off of a screen. Even then, Lowry is #1. Our #2 should be something in the paint if possible.

Comment

Rudy was a good clutch player because his length and high release allowed him to get his shot off even when the defender knew he was going to shoot. We don't have a player like that anymore. I trust Lowry more to take the game winning shot, but Demar has a better chance of getting his shot off in the dying seconds. If you know Lowry isn't playing to pass, he would be easier to smother.

That being said, I'm all for a high quality play call for the last possession, and what I said above is strictly in a ISO situation with only a few seconds remaining.

Comment

Working...
                                X