No announcement yet.

Everything Patrick Patterson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really nice read on Patrick Patterson, with lots of quotes from his Mom.

Patman Unmasked

Comment

I enjoyed that. Guy is rock solid and the best part of that trade for us
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I thought Patman's parents were dead?
        OG is our king

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
          I thought Patman's parents were dead?
          Well, his butler is sorta like his adopted father.

Comment

This guy can't seem to miss right now. Big bucket after big bucket.

He's playing with a lot of confidence these days, which is great to see considering his slow start to the season.

Comment

#fixed

Comment

Why haven't we considered playing PPat at the 3? I know Hans played a couple minutes at the 3 the other night and I feel PPat is more suited for it.

I feel like he's very similar to Marcus Morris who started a bunch of games at the 3 for Phoenix this season.

He's mobile, and what he gives up in speed he'll make up for in length, and offensively he'll be able to do the exact same thing as TRoss. Wouldn't mind trying a KLow, Derozan, PPat, Amir and JV lineup for a couple minutes as a trial.

Comment

PPat's shot is sputtering...he gotta go back to the garage and fix sumthin'

Comment

tonious35 wrote: View Post
                    PPat's shot is sputtering...he gotta go back to the garage and fix sumthin'
                    Might be a faulty spark wire or distributer cap. Too bad its been over a year since we got him from the Kings.

"I am too negative and I need to be more positive! All hail Scraptor!"

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                      Might be a faulty spark wire or distributer cap. Too bad its been over a year since we got him from the Kings.
                      hahahahahaha

Comment

I think we need to remember that Patterson just turned 26, he is 6'9" with a 7'1" wing span and is a solid athlete. He shot the 3 ball at just under 38% last year and hit 54% of his 2 point field goals.

He was not a great rebounder or help defender, but he has finally found some stability with a team having bounced from Houston to Sacramento, and finally to Toronto over his first few seasons.

I think he can show some moderate improvements on the defensive side, and while he wont be getting any allstar votes, he will be reliable....is that a bad thing?
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                          I think we need to remember that Patterson just turned 26, he is 6'9" with a 7'1" wing span and is a solid athlete. He shot the 3 ball at just under 38% last year and hit 54% of his 2 point field goals.

He was not a great rebounder or help defender, but he has finally found some stability with a team having bounced from Houston to Sacramento, and finally to Toronto over his first few seasons.

I think he can show some moderate improvements on the defensive side, and while he wont be getting any allstar votes, he will be reliable....is that a bad thing?
                          Yeah, I'm thinking along the same lines. He's getting a lot of undeserving flack on these boards mainly because he's not Aldridge.

Is he an ideal candidate for our starting lineup? Probably not. But in my opinion, Ross was a much weaker link last year, than I anticipate Patterson being this year.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Yeah, I'm thinking along the same lines. He's getting a lot of undeserving flack on these boards mainly because he's not Aldridge.

Is he an ideal candidate for our starting lineup? Probably not. But in my opinion, Ross was a much weaker link last year, than I anticipate Patterson being this year.

I think that is spot on.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

Yeah, with how hobbled Amir was last year, Amir and Patterson were not dramatically different in play, so there may be a slight downgrade from Amir to Pat overall. The upgrade from Ross to Carroll is tremendous and far exceeds any drop off at the PF spot (which may not even exist). It was always going to be tough to upgrade both forward positions without losing part of the core - seems Ujiri opted not to lose that part.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

The PF is a trade off in my opinion , Amir was beloved in TO and elevated greater than his talent. Amir played many times injured and missed a number of games. The Raptors PF position is a wash with PPat & Scola.
                                Now use the larger salary of PPat to upgrade your starting PF position -as Dan indicates there is talent out there at the PF to trade for and now we have the assets to utilize to achieve the starting talent upgrade of a Faried or Monkrieff. PPat+Bebe with a 1st pick as well in 2016 or 2017.

Comment

Working...
                                X