Everything Patrick Patterson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bendit wrote: View Post
    I mentioned this yesterday somewhere...that I read a piece (no link) where PP indicated he worked on his 3 pt shot in the off season to provide the stretch PF needs for the team this year. Did he tinker with his form? Not only has the offense sputtered but it seems to have affected his defense as well. And he was counted on greatly this year. Hope they figure it out. The suggestion in the thread to eliminate his long range shots for a while seems like a good idea until he gets his mojo and game back....especially with Amir on the limp.
    maybe that was an article on hansbrough? cause hes been saying the same thing (trying to increase his production/worth by including the 3pt shot).

patterson has always been a decent shot from downtown throughout his career.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Not sure I completely agree. I mean, nobody is mistaking Patterson for Channing Frye. He certainly has the bulk and size to bang down low.

And if floor-spacing is his primary purpose, just pick-&-pop a few feet closer to the basket (at least until he starts making buckets again).

Even his jump hook from the low block seems to be a better move than anything in Jonas' repertoire.
      This is funny, because I've thought Pat is a pretty terrible post player. He tends to settle for jumpers/fadeaways anyway when he posts up. He struggles getting in deep, and doesn't finish very well in post up situations.

Comment

2pat is in a mini slump. Nothing more nothing less. Hes the least of my worries right now. Missing shots you normally make evens itself out over 82 games, defensive effort and iso ball from certain players is our biggest concern.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          This is funny, because I've thought Pat is a pretty terrible post player. He tends to settle for jumpers/fadeaways anyway when he posts up. He struggles getting in deep, and doesn't finish very well in post up situations.
          True, but he makes those shots. He shot 58% inside 10 ft. last year (as per Basketball Reference).

Comment

He better!
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Patterson missed a dunk last night that he really needed. He went to rip the rim off. Instead it clanked off the back iron, and I think the play had already been blown dead.

It was a frustration dunk, that probably became more frustrating when he missed it.

I like PPat, I hope he has a bounce back against OKC. I also hope Amir is back by then because having to guard Ibaka probably won't be that great for his confidence.
              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
              Because its 2015

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                True, but he makes those shots. He shot 58% inside 10 ft. last year (as per Basketball Reference).
                I think that has more to do with him being smart/opportunistic. He takes quick shots when the D isn't set, and he smartly takes smaller opponents down into the post, where even if he is just going to use a little jumper, it's much easier to finish over them. He's not been very good trying to post up other bigs. Heck, he couldn't even really post up Pierce's fat ass in the playoffs.

Comment

everything about PP.

So far, from what I can see...useless unless he's hitting shots.

until I see different, thats all I need to know.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    2pat is in a mini slump. Nothing more nothing less. Hes the least of my worries right now. Missing shots you normally make evens itself out over 82 games, defensive effort and iso ball from certain players is our biggest concern.
                    its a pretty big worry if amir johnson has to sit out for any extended time this year.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                      its a pretty big worry if amir johnson has to sit out for any extended time this year.
                      Of course, but my point being I dont expect 2Pat to shoot terribly all season. He starts with 3 bad games and everyone thinks his career is over. Shooting is something that comes and goes, like hitting in baseball. Even the greatest hitters will have very cold streaks, it just so happens it's at the very start of the season for Pat.

Comment

Shooters can get hot.. he's not Fields. His shot isn't broken because he's injured. He's going to come around. Just hope it happens sooner then later.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Shooters can get hot.. he's not Fields. His shot isn't broken because he's injured. He's going to come around. Just hope it happens sooner then later.
                          interesting in the pre game interview before the thunder game Casey mention exactly that he was not worried about 2Pats shot but his effort on the floor game. He did well in both regards.
                          Last edited by rightsideup; Wed Nov 5, 2014, 04:57 PM.

Comment

All hail 2pat, the lone bright spot from last night's "win"

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              All hail 2pat, the lone bright spot from last night's "win"
                              You just made Steamer and Psycho-T angry

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                                You just made Steamer and Psycho-T angry
                                Dont get me wrong, those 3 guys were my stars in the other thread. Those guys just do the little things though, very important we get 2pat rollin. Especially with ankles johnson out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X