No announcement yet.

Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting for first Pistons visit to Toronto.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
      Dwayne Casey's opinion about the trade:

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/ex-...192552520.html

Casey is still salty AF, should have rode on his high horse!!
      Casey is a shortsighted sour grapes person, why both him and Derozan were sewn from the same thread.

Dirk was nailing threes with his eyes closed and making everybody else better. His defense was way better than his little boy blue Derozan.

What was Casey talking about, stfu and be mindful of Griffin, lol.

Oh wait Dirk gave him a ring as an assistant so I dont understand why for the love of God defended Derozan even now when that player may have cost his job.
      Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Fri Jul 20, 2018, 05:43 PM.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
        Casey is a shortsighted sour grapes person, why both him and Derozan were sewn from the same thread.

Dirk was nailing threes with his eyes closed and making everybody else better. His defense was way better than his little boy blue Derozan.

What was Casey talking about, stfu and be mindful of Griffin, lol.
        And Dirk is a future hall of famer. Easily a top 15 player in basketball history. There's no comparison imo.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• SamMitchells wrote: View Post
          Masai was sweatin' buckets.. What was up with that?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
          Probably came from the airport in a suit and a convertible and it's 90 and humid in Toronto. I just did a meeting with a guy in exactly that situation and he was sweating buckets all meeting

Comment

• I think we can let DeMar vent for a few days can't we? I wasn't his biggest fan and I'm still in shock. Don't get me wrong, Kawhi is a huge upgrade and I am excited to see our team this year, but I can't lie that it stings to see DeMar's career with the Raptors end like this.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
              I think we can let DeMar vent for a few days can't we? I wasn't his biggest fan and I'm still in shock. Don't get me wrong, Kawhi is a huge upgrade and I am excited to see our team this year, but I can't lie that it stings to see DeMar's career with the Raptors end like this.
              He can vent all he likes. Using social media to do it is the problem

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                "Durr a rental who don't wanna be here"
                Yeah, one of the top 4 or 5 players in the world in his prime became available for that reason only. You take the risk.

I'm just so fucking rattled today this should be one of the biggest weeks in our franchise history and the fan base completely took a dump on it and ruined it for the hardcores who devote way more time and energy into this

Just think how smug you can be when we're balling out and these casuals try and act like they never doubted.

Comment

• U know what pisses me off about demar right now is his selfishness if he is really all about Toronto then he wants them to have success even if he is not on the team. Where is that loyalty demar?

If he is a man then he can look himself in the mirror and say I did my best for them and they did their best for me and it was time to try something different.

MU gave demar a very large contract to feed his family. Demar plays a game and gets paid millions of dollars to entertain, this diva complex these athletes have pisses me off.

There are a lot of fans who can’t afford a ticket standing out in the cold Jurassic park, cheering on this team supporting his ass with all the damn holes in his game for what, all” little bit of nothing”

No championship, no finals

just you and your soft Compton ass seating on the bench looking moist... LeBron James is not god but he had him shook like he was. Shut your god damn mouth and be a man I say something on the tweeter to help Kawhi want to sign long term. Demar should be the the first one calling Kawhi “your going to love Toronto”.

The mor demar talks the more I feel like saying kiss my black ass I am glad your gone.

Comment

• Excuse the rant ppl

Comment

• I now have this fear that there'll actually be a contingency of moron casuals who'll come and boo Kawhi on opening night.
                      That won't help our cause long term.
                      Hopefully all the winning we should expect to be doing will silence that pretty quickly.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                        I now have this fear that there'll actually be a contingency of moron casuals who'll come and boo Kawhi on opening night.
                        Hopefully all the winning we should expect to be doing will silence that pretty quickly.
                        No one is going to boo Kawhi.

His welcome photo is at the top of /r/nba. There is massive approval of the trade on every Raptors forum I checked. 91% poll on realgm, 90% upvoted photo on r/TorontoRaptors.

There may have been some initial concern over whether Kawhi would show up and play hard, but that is already ebbing away. As long as he shows up for training camp, plays with effort, and doesn't talk about wanting to leave he'll get a warm welcome.

This is very much like the Jonas draft imo. Some initial dismay and then as people came to see the positives there was widespread approval.

Comment

• This is actually a good summary of the reaction of the casual fan and proper perspective of the whole situation. A few choice quotes....

On DeRozan trade, it’s Raptors president Ujiri who’s been thrown under the bus

A very good thing – getting your hands on a top-five-in-the-league star such as Kawhi Leonard – was being turned into a bad thing.

That sense increased when you got a look at Ujiri on Friday afternoon. All of a sudden, the suavest man in Canadian sports seemed deeply ill-at-ease – stumbling over his words, eyes downcast, sweating in an air-conditioned room
                          A week ago, people laughed at the idea that Leonard might end up in Toronto, of all places. Ujiri made it happen. Now he was being made to suffer for it.

This feels like a good time to reiterate some basic truths about the NBA and the pros in general.

You can shake a thousand hands, sign a million autographs and repeat how much you love the city like a Zen koan everywhere you go, but that is not an NBA superstar’s job. His job is to win.

If he doesn’t win, it is the general manager’s job to get rid of him. (Though he doesn’t hold the title any longer, Ujiri still does that work.)

Once he has decided to get rid of him, it isn’t on the GM to make sure the player is okay with the idea, or – and this is the confusing part of the angry reaction to DeRozan’s trade – agrees to do it.
                          “I hate to be defensive, but I also want to say that when I came here I gave [Casey and DeRozan] a chance,” Ujiri said, now with an edge in his voice. “But we kept giving a chance and giving a chance and at some point, we had to do something different.”
                          https://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...-thrown-under/
                          Last edited by golden; Sat Jul 21, 2018, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                            I now have this fear that there'll actually be a contingency of moron casuals who'll come and boo Kawhi on opening night.
                            Raptors fans for most part are pretty good to our own players. Yeah we talk about trading them ASAP, but the crowd is generally pretty supportive (I mean they didn't boo Carroll).

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              This is actually a good summary of the reaction of the casual fan and proper perspective of the whole situation. A few choice quotes....

On DeRozan trade, it’s Raptors president Ujiri who’s been thrown under the bus

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...-thrown-under/

From the article: "The only thing we do know for sure is that, in this town, no good deed goes unpunished.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                                Raptors fans for most part are pretty good to our own players. Yeah we talk about trading them ASAP, but the crowd is generally pretty supportive (I mean they didn't boo Carroll).
                                It’s the “supportive” fans I worry about. Not that they’ll be doing it because they hate Kawhi, but because they feel such burning loyalty to Demar. I hope it won’t happen too, and if it does, very likely and hopefully the cheers will wash out the boos.

I’m also particularly thinking of hearing about the Radiohead concert the other night at the ACC. (Scotia-bank can pay me to call it that.) Didn’t read the Star article about it but heard from a friend that when they asked for a moment of silence for the technician that died when their stage collapsed a few summers ago, some jerks were hollering throughout. Nothing that can be done to account for people like that, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X