No announcement yet.

Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ujiri didn't need to apologize. He did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
      But but Detroit Pistons 2004 argument....
      Some fans are too emotional and making bad arguments on reddit/facebook.

We don't have a single player as talented as Rasheed Wallace. The other 4 Pistons would easily start on our team. At least 1/2 players on that team will make the HOF.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
        Ujiri didn't need to apologize. He did nothing wrong.
        True but its Canada and in Canada we are famous for saying "sorry". Masai came back all tired from Africa, he pulled a great trade from there and all those reporters want to know how Demar feels... smh! I don't care who you are and where you are from but if a company choose to send you to another good company with $80 million dollars contract still owed to you, you are fucking delusional if you think that I will have any sympathy for you.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
          Eh I'm super excited about the trade but I'm also sad that we lost a long-time Raptor.

I make the trade 100x out of 100, give massive kudos to Masai, but I think it's okay to feel a bit bittersweet too.

From that it seems that he could have at least mentioned to DeMar or his agent that DeMar was involved. Everyone makes mistakes. He apologized, was a gracious, honest pro about it, but that doesn't mean DeMar is to blame or that there wasn't a justifiable reason for DeMar to be upset in the first place.
          There's nothing wrong with being upset to see DeRozan go. That's perfectly normal considering what's he's done here.

But going forward, there is something wrong with siding with DeRozan over the Raptors.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• People should not cry over spilled milk because nothing is spilled.

Derozan for him to react this way after 48 hours is beyond me. I would understand his anger right at the very moment he got that call that he is being shipped out. BUT he already slept on it towing along a fucking BOATLOAD OF CASH and soon to be playing under a HOFer coach and a Top Notch organization. FFs get over with it man and move on.

Masai was doing his job like any other CEOs or head of an organization private or government. Derozan was WELL COMPENSATED. It was a very mutual kind of relationship with both sides benefiting from each other. Boss decided to reorganize to achieve a much higher goal after a few years of superficial gratification.

Just stfu already DD.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                He needs to get over it. You’re in a fantastic organization with one of the greatest coaches of all time. Stop pouting like a little baby.

Comment

• "Masai starts by apologizing for a ‘gap in communication’ with DeMar and promises to celebrate him. ‘I’m a loyal person ...but I have a mandate to win’

I like DeMar but LOVE hearing this from Masai. And he certainly clarified the "promise" not to trade DeMar

Also from SN:
                  Danny Green on trade to Raptors: ‘We have a chance to do something special’

Comment

• He didnt react this way when Lebron was twirling the ball or doing all the unnecassary antics instead he raised the white flag and conceded.

He had the chance:

Defend his position
                    Shoot the three consistently
                    Pass the ball to his teammates (though he tried but already too late)

Its not like this is all Masai’s fault

Give me a fucking break.

Comment

• ...and Masai tried his hardest to not only pay him chunks but surround him with players to hide his major flaws

Lol.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                        He didnt react this way when Lebron was twirling the ball or doing all the unnecassary antics instead he raised the white flag and conceded.

He had the chance:

Defend his position
                        Shoot the three consistently
                        Pass the ball to his teammates (though he tried but already too late)

Its not like this is all Masai’s fault

Give me a fucking break.
                        Agree w/ you Claw.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                          He needs to get over it. You’re in a fantastic organization with one of the greatest coaches of all time. Stop pouting like a little baby.
                          He can be mad at Masai/Raptors, but also needs to look in the mirror.

Comment

• Well this turned around pretty quick. Glad to see most people are quickly getting over Demar leaving.

Ujiri is right, he has a mandate to win. I would love for Demar and Raptors to win together, but its impossible. Im also choosing the Raptors over Demar any day of the week. Good luck to him, but I hope we destroy him when we play the Spurs (wont be hard since we will shut him down and score on will against him.).

Comment

Well this turned around pretty quick. Glad to see most people are quickly getting over Demar leaving.

Ujiri is right, he has a mandate to win. I would love for Demar and Raptors to win together, but its impossible. Im also choosing the Raptors over Demar any day of the week. Good luck to him, but I hope we destroy him when we play the Spurs (wont be hard since we will shut him down and score on will against him.).
                              I guess there are people who always feel slighted, its common in a workplace. He got replaced with someone who is way better than him and he got offended. Human nature to overreact.

If #proveem has been his personal mantra (remember all the years of poor ratings he received from Sports Illustrated) then he should prove Masai and the Raptors organization wrong including all his previous critics. He would be getting more validation if he exceeds his current performance especially playing against a very well stacked Western Conference.

He can say hello again to his usual nemesis... Butler, Klay, Lance Stephenson and of course Lebron.

I wish him luck.

Comment

Well this turned around pretty quick. Glad to see most people are quickly getting over Demar leaving.

Masai apologized and explained the miscommunication like 3 times at least. He promised to support the grandest appreciation of Demar possible, be it a statue or whatever. He praised Demar effusively. Demar now needs to be more gracious and accept the apology like a professional.

Comment

Working...
                                X