No announcement yet.

Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Masai's biggest fish ever. We knew he could Make value trades, he's never traded assets for a bigger fish.

All hail the God. Blackberry stocks shooting up!
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Going back one transaction:

Vasquez and Ross -> Ibaka and Powell

Wee!
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

From the ringer.com's article on the trade...

The Winner: Masai Ujiri. The first rule of Masai Ujiri Club is never talk to Masai Ujiri. He is only going to make you look bad. From the producers of Carmelo, for Everything and Holy Crap, He Got Out From Under Bargnani comes the latest heist picture that’s poised to jump-start the trade-deadline box office. Ujiri wanted Ibaka last summer, but stepped away from the Storage Wars sale when the reported asking price of Cory Joseph, Norman Powell, Patrick Patterson, and Toronto’s pick (the ninth spot) was too steep. So he waited, watched Orlando’s season stall out, and wound up getting his man for a song. That’s good general managing!
        https://theringer.com/toronto-raptor...a14#.haixnhdq9

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
          From the ringer.com's article on the trade...

https://theringer.com/toronto-raptor...a14#.haixnhdq9
          Ujiri does not blink first in trade negotiations:

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Remember the shock, horror and outrage when Masai extended Ross to that ridiculous $33M contract. Neither do I.

#BelieveInMasai

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
              Ujiri does not blink first in trade negotiations:

This tweet says it all

What a boss

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post

This tweet says it all

What a boss
                All those rr posters panicking and trashing ujiri yesterday while he's sitting at the table with pocket aces

Comment

Masai has a peculiar giggle/laugh that I'd like to hear right now.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    All those rr posters panicking and trashing ujiri yesterday while he's sitting at the table with pocket aces
                    Funny day at The Star too, Bruce Arthur was tweeting Ibaka wasn't happening (per sources), Feschuck's column just yesterday entirely focused on premise the Raps were standing pat @ the deadline this year, then there's Doug Smith who didn't write anything in particular but he does have an omlette for a face at this point. "Everything is fine" will become "See, I told you" in very short order as he pounds out his next mailbag between baskets of onion rings.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                      Funny day at The Star too, Bruce Arthur was tweeting Ibaka wasn't happening (per sources), Feschuck's column just yesterday entirely focused on premise the Raps were standing pat @ the deadline this year, then there's Doug Smith who didn't write anything in particular but he does have an omlette for a face at this point. "Everything is fine" will become "See, I told you" in very short order as he pounds out his next mailbag between baskets of onion rings.
                      Ibaka was a lock as soon as the guys at the Star started writing that it wasn't happening. Not anything against the Star in particular, but TO beat writers are seemingly always the last to know anything - because they only have team sources, not league sources, and Ujiri's front office is leak proof.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                        Ibaka was a lock as soon as the guys at the Star started writing that it wasn't happening. Not anything against the Star in particular, but TO beat writers are seemingly always the last to know anything - because they only have team sources, not league sources, and Ujiri's front office is leak proof.

Comment

Anyone else calling BS on Masai's claim that he's not thinking about salary implications until later?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Anyone else calling BS on Masai's claim that he's not thinking about salary implications until later?
                            Whats the quote?

Comment

I like wolstat and Eric Smith. Koreen is OK, as long as Im reading and not listening to him.
                              Blake busts his ass and will Lou is the guy I agree with most (as long as he's not talking to harsh).
                              I like danh's columns but don't agree completely re:jv
                              I think Lupe was a good voice of opposition but wonder if he got jeered out of the room? Differing opinions are good guys!

Comment

Didn't realize raptors were speaking with theBulls about Gibson. I found it odd that they asked for his comment on the Ibaka trade but now makes some sense

Comment

Working...
                                X