Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
    The most underrated trade Ainge pulled off IMO was sending Rondo to Dallas for Jae Crowder (He received other stuff in that trade too, but Crowder was the big fish). Imagine Crowder on the Mavs in the place of Harrison Barnes right now.
    Imagine Crowder on the Mavs in place of Harrison Barnes.....

I'm trying to, but I'm not getting anywhere. I don't think it changes their situation at all.

Where are you going with this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
      Imagine Crowder on the Mavs in place of Harrison Barnes.....

I'm trying to, but I'm not getting anywhere. I don't think it changes their situation at all.

Where are you going with this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk-pwUo8mMg

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
        Maybe I missed this when it was talked about, but I was circling YouTube and found a pretty cool panel with Masai at this years Sloan Conference. Cool stuff around minutes 40 and 50 you may wanna checkout if you haven't seen this.

@40: Cool feel good story about Lowry and Fields

@50: Insight into the Ibaka deal, Masai says that the city, Kyle, Demar, etc. deserve to see what the team looks like with Ibaka in the playoffs, regardless of if they lose the pick for nothing. Also Masai mentions that with the new CBA he doesn't think you can really trade for a superstar, I get the impression he considers drafting to be essential for the future of the franchise, perhaps we see a big upside guy this year(?)

Overall, it seems like Masai believes that this team isn't going to best Golden State or Cleveland, but he has so much respect for Lowry, Derozan and the fans that he thinks he has to give them the best chance possible to put it all together, which is truly awesome imo.

EDIT: Cool bit from Scola at one point to, where he says essentially that Lowry left such a strong impression on him that Scola felt that he had to do whatever he could to make Lowry's life easier.
        Great point about the draft. I've been thinking about Giles and Diallo along these lines recently. We've kinda gone around the horn at this point in terms of drafting by position (incl.trading for young guys). Bebe/yak - C, siakam PF, Bruno PF/SF, norm SG, Delon/Fred PG.
        So if masai wants 5 guys at end of bench then he's graduated a few now (or will be) and with the new CBA maybe he has a few dleague roster spots to add more undrafted guys like fvv and uthoff. All that is to say, maybe it's time to start a new project like Diallo? At the same time, with our $ situation, you can make a good argument to do the opposite and draft an olejeye type and trade/let walk Carroll and Pat.

Comment

• This guy....man, this guy.

https://twitter.com/GiantsOfAfrica/s...26091618557953
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
            This guy....man, this guy.

were not worthy
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
              This guy....man, this guy.

Man, that was powerful.

Comment

• Masai is the literal best.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Haven't listened to this yet but it's sure to be good. Masai with Bill Simmons for an hour

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...-line-caboclo/

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    Haven't listened to this yet but it's sure to be good. Masai with Bill Simmons for an hour

Listening now....well, to the Chris Ryan part. Masai starts at 34 min.

If Bill has a guest on whose smarter/funnier than him then it's a good listen. If not, man..he just spews a lot of nonsense these days (his Fultz/mental stuff had me shaking my head a lot). And the people who work for him don't really push back or call him out enough.
                    Last edited by Mess; Thu Oct 26, 2017, 02:09 PM.
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Masai's covert youth movement really starting to pay off.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        Haven't listened to this yet but it's sure to be good. Masai with Bill Simmons for an hour

Haha the last word in the url..."Caboclo"

Masai is probably 2 questions away from being 2 questions away from snapping on the reporter who asks
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Haha the last word in the url..."Caboclo"

Masai is probably 2 questions away from being 2 questions away from snapping on the reporter who asks
                          Good listen. Good peek into the life of a GM, history of Masai, general thoughts on where the league is at and where its going. Not really going to gain much on what Masai wants to do with this Raptors team, basically he left everything open.

EDIT: One thing, just listening to him, it seems like he will bring a super star to Toronto someday.
                          Last edited by DogeLover1234; Thu Oct 26, 2017, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• I'm liking the strategy of starting five 7'6" guys, and just have them pass to each other over and over until someone dunks. That's the future of the NBA, lol.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                              Good listen. Good peek into the life of a GM, history of Masai, general thoughts on where the league is at and where its going. Not really going to gain much on what Masai wants to do with this Raptors team, basically he left everything open.

EDIT: One thing, just listening to him, it seems like he will bring a super star to Toronto someday.
                              Bryan really wanted to get a star here too and just could never deliver. Hopefully Masai can do that for us. Although Kyle wasn't his acquisition he turned his career around and Kyle is as close to a super star as we've had since Carter.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                I'm liking the strategy of starting five 7'6" guys, and just have them pass to each other over and over until someone dunks. That's the future of the NBA, lol.
                                A good idea in theory, but the tallest player in the league now is 7'3, so you may have a hard time finding 5 giants who can pass and move with anything resembling coordination
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X