Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CT2010 wrote: View Post
    He didn't have a choice. The trade with the Kings brought back an extra player and they had to make space asap. They didn't have time to explore a trade.
    ? He could have let either Buycks or Stone (both pg) go.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
      ? He could have let either Buycks or Stone (both pg) go.
      Again, I wouldn't be surprised if it was in consultation with Augustin. I'm sure they would've waived Buycks or Stone (or Daye) if it came to that. But given Vasquez was clearly going to take the backup PG spot, and Augustin probably felt like he needed a chance to prove himself, waiving him so he could sign elsewhere was good for both parties.

Comment

Think about it .. if BC pulled the Harden trade, he could have persuaded Durant to come to Toronto as well

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post

Core of the team is still primarily BC acquisitions. When he can start bringing in players better than the one's that were already here, I would say he is doing a great job. Until then, i'd call it an adequate performance.
          I disagree, the bottom line is if the team under him is winning then that is what counts in the end, sure he can get better pieces but that doesn't always translate to wins.

Being a GM is a bit like being the a politician in a high position (think Prime Minister), if the economy is doing well you will get the accolades and if the economy tanks then its your fault. Both scenarios could transpire even if you do a good job because outside forces will influence the economy not only your own policies and sometimes single events can make you or destroy you. In BC case drafting Bargnani and letting Bosh walk were probably the two biggest downfalls of his administration in which he couldn't recover (with the right moves ie drafting Aldridge and trading Bosh maybe the Raptors wouldv'e looked similar to Portland today and he would still be a GM). In Massai case the two moves of trading Bargnani and Gay for effective bench players and thus creating the vacuum for more shots and plays caused this team to grow even though they could have falter.

Comment

Hope people don't mind me resurrecting this thread

http://theundefeated.com/features/ma...to-raptors-gm/

Comment

He's done such a good job as general manager, but its also nice that we have such a good person and role model working for our franchise. Its not always the most important thing for me as a fan but its just nice to have someone who we can be proud of for representing the organization the right way (and I do think in the long run that helps the team with free agency and other recruitment)

Comment

Another occasion of Masai giving back to the community- this time La Loche, Saskatchewan

https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...ig-arthur.html

Comment

Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                  Another occasion of Masai giving back to the community- this time La Loche, Saskatchewan

Great piece, what a guy Masai.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

That is outstanding for a community that has had so much tragedy.

Comment

Great story. Masai is truly a class act.

Comment

CTV's video on the news tonight includes some parts of an interview with the kids - you can see how much they think this means to them.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/video?playlistId=1.3239213

Comment

CTV's video on the news tonight includes some parts of an interview with the kids - you can see how much they think this means to them.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/video?playlistId=1.3239213
                          Most of them have never left that isolated small northern Saskatchewan community. Couldn't imagine how cool that would be.

Sounds like this was all masai, not some MLSE pr stunt. The guy makes positive differences in this world.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
                            I definitely agree than BC deserves way more respect for this team than he's getting...he was a quick trigger man that made some brutal mistakes (the euro movement, Bargnani, TJ Ford & Hibbert for O'neal, Hedo, Fields contract) BUT he was the man that drafted JV, Ross & Derozan (and signed him to a steal of n extension), Signed & extended Amir, traded for Lowry & hired coach Casey. this core of this team is still him, what Masai did was all the stuff BC couldn't like finally let go & move on from Bargnani, get cap relief, draft picks & a solid bench around the core.
                            uh and you know...make lowry actually a legit star pg.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Most of them have never left that isolated small northern Saskatchewan community. Couldn't imagine how cool that would be.

Sounds like this was all masai, not some MLSE pr stunt. The guy makes positive differences in this world.
                              The Raptors, and we, are lucky to have a quality guy like Masao involved in the franchise. I hope he stays for a long time.

Comment

This is MU's team now. He's cast the die and we need to compete in this window.

Resigning Lowry and Ibaka are musts. Adding shooting would be ideal.

We've taken aim at the Lebrons. His tenure is judged on whether we take them down. We've loosed our warning shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X