Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
    Best GM/Prez in the game?
    Tim Lieweke did more for MLSE in his very short time here than anything I can even think of to make a decent comparison by. I don't know. It's MLSE. Everything's better post-Lieweke, everything.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
      Tim Lieweke did more for MLSE in his very short time here than anything I can even think of to make a decent comparison by. I don't know. It's MLSE. Everything's better post-Lieweke, everything.
      Have to agree with this. It's the "clown theory". You hire one clown, then he hires 2 clowns, and they each hire 4 clowns, and so forth. Pretty soon, you've got yourself a circus. The key is not to hire that first clown, and MLSE got that first hire right with Leweike, finally.

Comment

If the Raptors beat Cleveland in the ECF this year, I will give Masai my first born child.

Comment

Ball wrote: View Post
          If the Raptors beat Cleveland in the ECF this year, I will give Masai my first born child.
          And he'll promptly trade him for a 3&D small forward
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Its good to see players who also leave the organisation, leave on a good note even though their time here may not have been fruitful.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
              Its good to see players who also leave the organisation, leave on a good note even though their time here may not have been fruitful.

I'm glad sullinger gets another shot to earn minutes this year. Seems like a good guy and he needed this
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                I'm glad sullinger gets another shot to earn minutes this year. Seems like a good guy and he needed this
                Being waived by Phoenix, I don't know if he's even playable this season tbh. He needs to get in shape.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                  Being waived by Phoenix, I don't know if he's even playable this season tbh. He needs to get in shape.
                  Being waived means Phoenix is eating his salary. Any team could get him for a fraction of the total. If he was promised reasonable playing time he would go. There is time for him to get into much better shape before the playoffs. He would be super cheap injury insurance for a team that needed a backup PF. Waive the 15th guy and pick up Sully. He did start in Boston last year for 60 games as I recall.

Comment

I can't wait to read Masai's book in the future. Dudes a wiz. Weltman must be super sharp too. This organization is making all of the right moves at the right time. It's nice to see they have a vision and a big picture view of where they see this franchise.

Even if things don't end up like they hope, no one can argue that the moves they made didn't give them the best shot possible while maintaining so much flexibility.
                    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                    Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                      I can't wait to read Masai's book in the future. Dudes a wiz. Weltman must be super sharp too. This organization is making all of the right moves at the right time. It's nice to see they have a vision and a big picture view of where they see this franchise.

Even if things don't end up like they hope, no one can argue that the moves they made didn't give them the best shot possible while maintaining so much flexibility.
                      on the other hand weltman said our isolation offence was designed for the playoffs... lol.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                        on the other hand weltman said our isolation offence was designed for the playoffs... lol.
                        Hey, you gotta maximize the skills of the players you have.
                        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                        Because its 2015

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                          He said that last year (or was it 2 years ago?). Wonder if he still believes it.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            He said that last year (or was it 2 years ago?). Wonder if he still believes it.
                            Probably still does. I don't see that much has changed at all. We went DeMar ISO for most of the 4th quarter in a couple of those recent squandered losses. If anything, that "historically great" early regular season offense has probably ingrained that belief in ISO. I think the Weltman/Casey thought process is that ISO is how you "close out games", by running clock and not turning the ball over.

I've got no problem with the concept, except that the Raps go into "ISO close out mode" waaay too early. This often backfires because it becomes too predictable, allows the opposition to rest on defense, and burns out Lowry & DD so they defend the perimeter with even less than their usual halfhearted efforts.

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                              Hey, you gotta maximize the skills of the players you have.
                              someone tell that to dwane casey

Comment

well, the early returns on masai's deals look pretty great.

Interesting times ahead this summer, but for now masai has put together a terrific team on paper without locking into any bad long term deals (other than Carroll) and without sacrificing much young talent.

Its out of his hands now. if this team and coach can't deliver now I predict some substantial changes in the offseason. It's a crossroads summer for this team, with the free agents we have.

Comment

Working...
                                X