No announcement yet.

Nets Fans Upset At Officiating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the league should hand out a fine to Kidd in this situation. He named names.
    limpin ain't easy, but I make it look good...

Comment

Back in the day, I took a charge so brutal that I slammed my head (briefly blacked out). You think I didn't flop after that? Hell yeah I did! Eff taking a charge full on!

Reading the comments on the Nets sites it's too little, too late. They're trying to play the official game in game 6 when DC started talking about officials before the series started. They SHOULD be concerned about Lowry dropping 36 on them, and DeMar still dropping 20+ on them despite adjustments. Instead they're whining about calls, when the officials have been suspect all series?

This just comes off petty.

Comment

Pbhero wrote: View Post
        Toronto may be one of the loudest fans in the league...but i was seriously disheartened when I saw the empty seats at the beginning of each quarter and after the half....dont be like Leaf fans! Get to yer seat at the start! Weak.

Also, id personally like to see the 'Brooklyn/KG sucks' chants to end...I know Toronto is a wrestling crowd, and dont know how to act in these situations, but I think it's bush league.

We are loud though.
        You can blame the long beer lines

Comment

bobo12 wrote: View Post
          take notes raptor fans. When you blame your loss on the officiating, you look like a whiny bitch.
          amen

Comment

The refs have been terrible this series.

In fact between the traveling which they missed on pierce in the first game, and the way they picked on joe johnson in the last game, you could argue that they have really had a HUGE effect on the outcome.

but the best team always wins....i think the nets fans are having a hard time understanding that we are good enough to beat them

Comment

Nets will push this to game seven with the help of the refs if the Raptors come out lackadaisical.

It's not enough to play good enough, the Raptors have to really demonstrate they're the better team. The refs are going to do everything they can to make the game, close, so they have to play like they're trying to blow them out.

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                That said, there is absolutely such a thing as a superstar star whistle, there are legitimate studies proving this. Given that we don't have any "superstars" on our team, I would argue that our whining would tend to be more justified than, say, a Brooklyn fan's whining
                I don't think there is a thing called a superstar whistle. If a player is good, getting the ball a lot, then most likely they are getting calls. It is logic. I don't think you need a study to figure out that if you give LeBron the ball a lot of times, he is most likely going to get fouled.

Comment

Welp looks like we got our wish, Kidd got fined

I'm liking Mr. Silver so far

Comment

Am I the only one who isn't that bothered by the reffing? It goes both ways, and foul calls have been generally even. No huge disparity in FTA's, for example.

Lowry and DD are both very good at drawing contact, but we all know sometimes they don't get their calls and sometimes they do. KG has been laying Lowry out on his back multiple times per game with moving screens (read: hip checks) and he's only been called for a couple of them. That's basketball. There's 10 guys running around in almost constant motion, and 3 refs who have to watch for a who laundry list of infractions at any given moment including time spent in the key, fouls from any of the 10 guys, time in the backcourt, etc. etc. etc. It's a really tough job, they're the best basketball refs in the world, they're only human, and the officiating is going to be imperfect. Now I'd flip out if a bad call cost the Raps a series (knock on wood - and knock on wood again), but otherwise this is all a part of the game.

One of my favourite things is the good photography of guys driving the basket in traffic. They have to clutch the ball with both hands/forearms like a running back because of all the slaps, shoulders, elbows, hips, and contact on the way to the rim, which happens on nearly every play and 95% of it will never be called. It would kill the flow of the game if they did call too much. As long as things are generally fair in both directions, I'm completely fine with with the officiating.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

bobo12 wrote: View Post
                      Take notes raptor fans. When you blame your loss on the officiating, you look like a whiny bitch.
                      But there is a conspiracy!!!! Everyone hates Canada!1!!11!!!! ILLUMINATIIIII111IIII

Comment

Youre simply ignorant to how things work. Get educated bud, honestly, being smug only works if you the efficacy to back it up.

fucking rookie

Comment

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Funny cuz game 5 the disparity between fouls was 2 in our favour. In this game the disparity was 11 in theirs.

Comment

Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                                Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
                                Yup. Working the refs (on and off the court) should be part of every playoff coach's repertoire.

Comment

Working...
                                X