Likes Likes:  37
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Results 121 to 135 of 135

Thread: Questions and Answers.

  1. #121
    Raptors Republic Veteran Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    7,600
    Likes (Given)
    3689
    Likes (Received)
    1289

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Defenders are not allowed to be in the paint for more than three seconds if they are not within arms' reach of an opposing player. So JV could sit in the paint all day so long as he is credibly defending an opponent for at least a split-second in each 3 second block (ie if he never goes three straight seconds both in the paint and not defending an opponent).

    Offensive three in the key is independent of opponents - can only be in there 2.9 seconds without clearing the paint.
    thank you.

  2. #122
    Raptors Republic Superstar SkywalkerAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    4,203
    Likes (Given)
    2787
    Likes (Received)
    742

    Default

    Very curious whether, if Lowry walks, Nando would want to come be a starting PG for the league average. Anyone know his buyout situation?

  3. #123
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    12,657
    Likes (Given)
    3505
    Likes (Received)
    7290

    Default

    Quote SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Very curious whether, if Lowry walks, Nando would want to come be a starting PG for the league average. Anyone know his buyout situation?
    No idea. There was no mention of an NBA buyout when he signed his three year deal a year ago.

  4. #124
    Raptors Republic All-Star LJ2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,988
    Likes (Given)
    589
    Likes (Received)
    296

    Default

    Not sure where to ask this question, but could a box score be added to the after game quick reactions on the main page? Seems silly that this information isn't available without having to go to another site.

  5. #125
    Raptors Republic Veteran Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    7,600
    Likes (Given)
    3689
    Likes (Received)
    1289

    Default

    is there something wrong with the website or is it just me? all other websites work fine for me, any idea when the forums will be running smoothly again?

  6. #126
    Raptors Republic Icon rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    22,802
    Likes (Given)
    2115
    Likes (Received)
    5001

    Default

    Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    is there something wrong with the website or is it just me? all other websites work fine for me, any idea when the forums will be running smoothly again?
    Yup there's something wrong with the website.

  7. #127
    Raptors Republic Starter GOLDBLUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    579
    Likes (Given)
    335
    Likes (Received)
    158

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Yup there's something wrong with the website.
    Chaos. Calamity.

    Fix it! Oh for the love of all things Raptor-related. Fix it!

  8. #128
    Raptors Republic Veteran Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    7,600
    Likes (Given)
    3689
    Likes (Received)
    1289

    Default

    "His rim protection, too, is lacking: His defended field goal percentage is 62.7 per cent, significantly worse than Valanciunas’ at 57.1 per cent."

    what is the significance to this stat, and why is it better to have a lower number?

    appreciate the clarity

  9. #129
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    12,657
    Likes (Given)
    3505
    Likes (Received)
    7290

    Default

    Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    "His rim protection, too, is lacking: His defended field goal percentage is 62.7 per cent, significantly worse than Valanciunas’ at 57.1 per cent."

    what is the significance to this stat, and why is it better to have a lower number?

    appreciate the clarity
    Yeah, it's the FG% on shots defended by that player. It's not really significant though, there's a crazy amount of noise in it.

    There was a study done and basically it yielded that there was some very limited predictive value in at-the-rim DFG%, and for any shots outside of 3 feet of the rim, it's predominantly noise. It's a descriptive stat that tells you how well guys have shot over somebody, but really tells you very little about how well they've defended, with the usual very few exceptions at the extremes of the data-set (ie guys who stop everything tend to be very good, guys who stop nothing tend to be very bad, everyone in the middle tends to be largely indistinguishable).

  10. #130
    Raptors Republic Icon rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    22,802
    Likes (Given)
    2115
    Likes (Received)
    5001

    Default

    Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    "His rim protection, too, is lacking: His defended field goal percentage is 62.7 per cent, significantly worse than Valanciunas’ at 57.1 per cent."

    what is the significance to this stat, and why is it better to have a lower number?

    appreciate the clarity
    del danh posted

  11. #131
    Raptors Republic Veteran Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    7,600
    Likes (Given)
    3689
    Likes (Received)
    1289

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Yeah, it's the FG% on shots defended by that player. It's not really significant though, there's a crazy amount of noise in it.

    There was a study done and basically it yielded that there was some very limited predictive value in at-the-rim DFG%, and for any shots outside of 3 feet of the rim, it's predominantly noise. It's a descriptive stat that tells you how well guys have shot over somebody, but really tells you very little about how well they've defended, with the usual very few exceptions at the extremes of the data-set (ie guys who stop everything tend to be very good, guys who stop nothing tend to be very bad, everyone in the middle tends to be largely indistinguishable).
    so in this stat jordan is the defender and opponents are hitting 63% on him and hitting 57% on jonas. i have noticed this year jonas seems to have found the best way to stay down and use his arms to "own" space to defend, especially in close.

  12. #132
    Raptors Republic All-Star Maury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,353
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    440

    Default

    Not sure where else to put this. The forum doesn’t work in Tapatalk anymore. Is this because of the switch to a new server? If so does anyone know when we’ll be able to log in on Tapatalk?

  13. #133
    Raptors Republic Starter GOLDBLUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    579
    Likes (Given)
    335
    Likes (Received)
    158

    Default

    Quote Maury wrote: View Post
    Not sure where else to put this. The forum doesn’t work in Tapatalk anymore. Is this because of the switch to a new server? If so does anyone know when we’ll be able to log in on Tapatalk?
    The forum wasn't working on my laptop for a brief time last night either, though it's working again now.

  14. #134
    Raptors Republic Icon rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    22,802
    Likes (Given)
    2115
    Likes (Received)
    5001

    Default

    Quote Maury wrote: View Post
    Not sure where else to put this. The forum doesn’t work in Tapatalk anymore. Is this because of the switch to a new server? If so does anyone know when we’ll be able to log in on Tapatalk?
    https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/s...887#post808887

  15. #135
    Raptors Republic All-Star Maury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,353
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    440

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •