Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is morning coffee not a thing anymore? i seem to remember it up everyday in past years but memory might be blurred

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      is morning coffee not a thing anymore? i seem to remember it up everyday in past years but memory might be blurred
      Sam is away on vacation right now and unfortunately we didn't have anyone to fill in while he's off. It'll be back likely next week at some point.

Comment

• Why can't we tickle ourselves?

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
          Why can't we tickle ourselves?
          You lack the element of surprise. Try while wearing a Chuck Norris mask.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            You lack the element of surprise. Try while wearing a Chuck Norris mask.
            I know Axel was being silly, but this is actually the reason.

The tickle response is based on unexpected stimulus to certain nerve endings. When you try to tickle yourself, your cerebellum says "oh, I know that was gonna happen" and hence no tickle-response.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
              I know Axel was being silly, but this is actually the reason.

The tickle response is based on unexpected stimulus to certain nerve endings. When you try to tickle yourself, your cerebellum says "oh, I know that was gonna happen" and hence no tickle-response.
              Well then how come I can beat my monkey and reach the same end goal as if someone else did it
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Well then how come I can beat my monkey and reach the same end goal as if someone else did it
                Easy.

It knows and likes the destination and is open and accepting of all possible routes to that destination.
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• How to call an ambulance?

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                    How to call an ambulance?

Comment

• Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Why am I suddenly getting all sorts of pop up pages from this site? It happens when I click on a thread, when I try to post. It's happening on an iPad. Is this happening to anyone else or just me?

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                          Why am I suddenly getting all sorts of pop up pages from this site? It happens when I click on a thread, when I try to post. It's happening on an iPad. Is this happening to anyone else or just me?
                          It's happening to everyone. There is a whole thread in the site suggestions forum. RR Twitter tweeted out that they are working on it.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            It's happening to everyone. There is a whole thread in the site suggestions forum. RR Twitter tweeted out that they are working on it.
                            Thanks for the update

Comment

• is the 3 second rule completely arbitrary? this is my first year with league pass and i have a buddy who is trying to learn the game, so why whistles happen is a question that comes up. in the raps/lakers game at the 6:22 mark of the first quarter jv goes into the paint and stays there for 22 seconds. if someone could explain why he doesn't get called, i would appreciate it. it is a hassle question, so sorry about that.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                                is the 3 second rule completely arbitrary? this is my first year with league pass and i have a buddy who is trying to learn the game, so why whistles happen is a question that comes up. in the raps/lakers game at the 6:22 mark of the first quarter jv goes into the paint and stays there for 22 seconds. if someone could explain why he doesn't get called, i would appreciate it. it is a hassle question, so sorry about that.
                                Defenders are not allowed to be in the paint for more than three seconds if they are not within arms' reach of an opposing player. So JV could sit in the paint all day so long as he is credibly defending an opponent for at least a split-second in each 3 second block (ie if he never goes three straight seconds both in the paint and not defending an opponent).

Offensive three in the key is independent of opponents - can only be in there 2.9 seconds without clearing the paint.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X