Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could pick any PF to pair with Jonas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's impossible to answer this question right now.

I feel like I really don't have a good idea of what Jonas is going to become.

Will he be a rim-protector/rebounder who can occasionally create his own shot?

Or will he be a strong post player who regularly commands double teams but can't ever carry a team defensively?

This year, JV's shown flashes of both but failed to consistently deliver on either end.

So I guess as of now, my ideal pairing would be a veteran who can teach him how to handle himself.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

where Oakley at?
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
        I think it's impossible to answer this question right now.

I feel like I really don't have a good idea of what Jonas is going to become.

Will he be a rim-protector/rebounder who can occasionally create his own shot?

Or will he be a strong post player who regularly commands double teams but can't ever carry a team defensively?

This year, JV's shown flashes of both but failed to consistently deliver on either end.

So I guess as of now, my ideal pairing would be a veteran who can teach him how to handle himself.
        I kinda feel the same way. If we do pick up a good low-post player that can demand double teams, then really, why on Earth should we be concerned with keeping Jonas? Is he gonna be a defensive or offensive stud? IMO, I think his offensive potential is greater than his defensive potential and I see JV as being the guy in the future that will be a post up presence for this team. That means he needs touches, consistently, and that needs to start next year. So I don't wanna see a guy brought in that will take those opportunities away from JV.

Thats why I like Gibson. He can be the 4th/5th option on this team, good for a few post-ups each game, and not take too much away from JV opportunities, but still provide better offense than Amir can. He could be the pressure relief valve for the team, getting postup chances when JV and the perimeter guys are being held in check or are too tired to be effective. And it would a situation where you can give him the ball in the post and then give him room to operate. You can't do that with Amir. And Gibson could provide defence that is comparable to Amir's. He operates effectively in Thibs schemes, I see no reason to think he can't do the same in Casey's. Setting screens might be the only drop off and I can't say that for certain because I don't really know how well Gibson screens. I think guys like, Griffin, Love and Randolf, for example, could neuter JV and he would eventually want out if he isn't a big(ger) part of the offence. Bosh, however, would be interesting because he can stretch the floor, rarely operates in the low post, and is (apparently) a good PnR defender.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          For me, it's anyone who can demand a double-team in the post, and who is a strong rebounder. E.g Love, Bosh, Griffin, Randolph, etc.

I don't think someone like Ibaka is a good fit. Solid player, but the offense would continue to be wing-heavy.
          Few problems with bosh, he hasn't been to the post since his toronto years and he is not a good rebounder. Like honestly, all he does is shoot threes and it looks like he lost a lot of weight since he was here
          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Working...
          X