Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Anyone else think Jamaal Murray is the best Canadian player in the league right now? I think he's going to be better than Wiggins, he just has "it"
    He does have that kung fu killer mind set that Americans crave. Wiggins is the better baller he's just too chill for agro-bros. IMO

That said both are good to great NBA players and could propel Canada up the FIBA rankings.

Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
      He does have that kung fu killer mind set that Americans crave. Wiggins is the better baller he's just too chill for agro-bros. IMO

That said both are good to great NBA players and could propel Canada up the FIBA rankings.
      I thought the nba guys can't participate in qualifying for Olympics anymore? Therefore we're screwed? Someone who follows international could fill me in
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        I thought the nba guys can't participate in qualifying for Olympics anymore? Therefore we're screwed? Someone who follows international could fill me in
        *FIBA World Cup, not Olympics. We're 1-1 right now. Our depth sucks cuz of the NBA and NCAA, but I think we'll get a spot.

Joel Anthony Centre 6’9″ Montreal, QC Free Agent
        Anthony Bennett Forward 6’8″ Toronto, ON Northern Arizona Suns (G-League)
        Grandy Glaze Centre 6’7″ Toronto, ON St. John’s Edge (NBL of Can)
        Olivier Hanlan Guard 6’4″ Aylmer, QC Austin Spurs (G-League)
        Brady Heslip Guard 6’2″ Burlington, ON Trabzonspor (Turkey)
        Kaza Kajami-Keane Guard 6’1″ Ajax, ON Raptors 905 (G-League)
        Owen Klassen Centre 6’10” Kingston, ON PAOK (Greece)
        Dyshawn Pierre Forward 6’6″ Whitby, ON Banco di Srd (Italy)
        Xavier Rathan-Mayes Guard 6’3″ Scarborough, ON Westchester Knicks (G-League)
        Phil Scrubb Guard 6’3″ Richmond, B.C. Fraport SKY (Germany)
        Thomas Scrubb Forward 6’6″ Richmond, B.C. Scandone AV (Italy)
        Marc Trasolini Centre 6’9″ Vancouver, B.C. Hokkaido L. (Japan)

Comment

• Friday, June 29, 2018 vs Dominican Republic - TBD

Monday, July 2, 2018 vs US Virgin Islands - TBD

I wonder if we might get some help from guys in NCAA guys or NBA guys for these two games ?

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
            Friday, June 29, 2018 vs Dominican Republic - TBD

Monday, July 2, 2018 vs US Virgin Islands - TBD

I wonder if we might get some help from guys in NCAA guys or NBA guys for these two games ?
            I think so. They'll be allowed to join the team.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
              If Cavs are knocked out then here is hoping Khloé Kardashian allows Tristan to play ... Wiggins has a long term contract but don't know if Nik has a contract beyond this year ? Saying that ...IF Kelly Olynyk , Jaumal Murray , and Cory Joseph are our core then I like our chances ... Heck lets get Barret dress just to get some Senior Men's experience under his belt and some chemistry started with the Core ..

Comment

We'll also have a couple games in september as part of the second round. Having a few NBAers for that would be huge, as those will be against better teams.

Comment

LOL I have no idea what you're talking about. All I know is Wiggins has all the talent but he doesn't play as well as he should, Murray is a straight up Assassin. The Raptors gotta gun for him the second he's a UFA

Comment

• I know Jay Traino is a good guy but the experiment of him being a head coach has to stop . As long as Steve Nash keeps him as head coach, I feel team Canada will always underachieve . Hey as an assistant he maybe one of the best and hard working guys out there but stop with head coaching . He had at one time the most Canadian NBA players playing at one time in an event and he failed to get his team to the Olympics .

I am just saying that as Suns coach his team is giving up the most points per game in the NBA . They are losing by a larger margin then last year . Maybe Jay should let the players coach the game . They can't do any worse .
                    Last edited by guyroch; Wed Feb 14, 2018, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• Comment

It's a shame on senior mens has to try and qualify for tournaments with a roster will like that..this will still be the case for the Olympic qualifying? Really puts us at a disadvantage because the USA Spain etc are already in and don't need to use their NBA players

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                          LOL I have no idea what you're talking about. All I know is Wiggins has all the talent but he doesn't play as well as he should, Murray is a straight up Assassin. The Raptors gotta gun for him the second he's a UFA
                          Murray is a Kung Fu flick fan. He credits it for his assassin's mindset.

Wiggins seems aloof doesn't come across as the killer his talents suggest he should be.

Comment

Murray is a Kung Fu flick fan. He credits it for his assassin's mindset.

Wiggins seems aloof doesn't come across as the killer his talents suggest he should be.
                            Talent and killer instinct are not really related at all. Many people are lazy and talented, or super driven but untalented. It's when you have both you get a Michael Jordan or a kove

When you have one but not the other you get Matthew delavasova (drive), or Andrea bargnani(talent)

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              It's a shame on senior mens has to try and qualify for tournaments with a roster will like that..this will still be the case for the Olympic qualifying?
                              Essentially the world cup becomes the qualifier for the Olympics: 7 teams qualify directly from FIBA WC to the Olympics, and 24 other teams will go into 4 Olympic qualifying tournaments, with the winner of each of those tournaments (plus the host country) go into the Olympics. Those happen over June and July 2020, so we should have a decent roster for that tournament if we don't qualify directly.

So basically, Canada's best chance is to qualify for the WC using this ad-hoc roster, and then pull out all the stops and finish as one of the top two Americas teams. If they don't do that, they need to outright win a qualification tournament early in the Olympic summer.
                              Last edited by octothorp; Mon Feb 19, 2018, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                                Essentially the world cup becomes the qualifier for the Olympics: 7 teams qualify directly from FIBA WC to the Olympics, and 24 other teams will go into 4 Olympic qualifying tournaments, with the winner of each of those tournaments (plus the host country) go into the Olympics. Those happen over June and July 2020, so we should have a decent roster for that tournament if we don't qualify directly.

So basically, Canada's best chance is to qualify for the WC using this ad-hoc roster, and then pull out all the stops and finish as one of the top two Americas teams. If they don't do that, they need to outright win a qualification tournament early in the Olympic summer.
                                They are trying to be like soccer but soccer the leagues let the stars play in these mini qualifiers and the stars want to participate . The NBA is in a all star break but you would never see one NBA player playing in this week's mini qualifier . I know Nik must be exhausted playing his 11 mins a night avg 1.3 points a game in his last 5 that he requires the NBA week off to rest .

Comment

Working...
                                X