Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guyroch wrote: View Post
    R.j. Barrett named 2018 naismith high school boys' player of the year

After leading Montverde Academy (Florida) to a historic undefeated regular season (31-0), Canadian small forward R.J. Barrett has been named the 2018 Naismith High School Boys' Player of the Year.

Barrett becomes just the second Canadian to win the prestigious award and first since Minnesota Timberwolves forward Andrew Wiggins captured the honour following his 2013 season at Huntington Prep.
    Is Barrett better coming out of High School then Wiggins was ?

Comment

Is Barrett better coming out of High School then Wiggins was ?
      No brainer. RJ led Canada to a world championship. He has that Mamba mentality, complete opposite of Wiggins.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        No brainer. RJ led Canada to a world championship. He has that Mamba mentality, complete opposite of Wiggins.
        I See Wiggins is upset being the 3rd option ... They were a lottery team when he was either 1st or 2nd Option but now that he is 3rd option and might make the playoffs he is not happy . I guess he would rather get the stats on a losing team or play a part in a winning team .

Comment

• Mamadou Gueye banked in a three-point buzzer-beater to move Canada into the gold-medal game at the Commonwealth Games with a wild 88-86 win over New Zealand on Saturday.

Justus Alleyn of the University of Manitoba delivered the game-winning assist after a Canadian timeout with five seconds remaining.

Next up Australia for Gold

Comment

Mamadou Gueye banked in a three-point buzzer-beater to move Canada into the gold-medal game at the Commonwealth Games with a wild 88-86 win over New Zealand on Saturday.

Justus Alleyn of the University of Manitoba delivered the game-winning assist after a Canadian timeout with five seconds remaining.

Next up Australia for Gold

Australia should be a good test for Canada.

Comment

I See Wiggins is upset being the 3rd option ... They were a lottery team when he was either 1st or 2nd Option but now that he is 3rd option and might make the playoffs he is not happy . I guess he would rather get the stats on a losing team or play a part in a winning team .
              I don't think he's upset so much as he has struggled to find his rhythm without the ball in his hands. It's doubly problematic because he's prone to coasting.

Barrett has the higher ceiling, but I think Wiggins can still bounce back next year and beyond.

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Awesome! The future is bright!

Comment

Woooohoooo.

Comment

The positive of that is we have depth now and gone are the days we have to beg that 1 NBA player to come play for Canada . The negative to that is chemistry . You look at the successful teams in the past in FIBA and you will see a core of guys who play together almost every summer .

Also all that depth and the qualifications take place when the best of the best can't compete in the games cause they are played in months like November and February .
                      Last edited by guyroch; Fri May 11, 2018, 07:49 AM.

Comment

The positive of that is we have depth now and gone are the days we have to beg that 1 NBA player to come play for Canada . The negative to that is chemistry . You look at the successful teams in the past in FIBA and you will see a core of guys who play together almost every summer .

Also all that depth and the qualifications take place when the best of the best can't compete in the games cause they are played in months like November and February .
                        True enough, but these guys have all played with each other, on and off, for six years or more, what with camps, and the national program.

Comment

• Canadian pride my ass. No Stauskas, no Wiggins.

Comment

Canadian pride my ass. No Stauskas, no Wiggins.

S/o to Kevin Pangos. He played in the EuroLeague Final Four last week!

Comment

Canadian pride my ass. No Stauskas, no Wiggins.

Just got me some tickets to go to the Ottawa game. Taking the daughter, will be her first live game.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• No RJ Barrett? Is he pulling a Wiggins on us?

Comment

Working...
                                X