No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just saw that Dillon Brooks is out against Brazil with a really bad flu -- he's recovering in Memphis.

Tough, he was solid for Canada all summer.

EDIT:

Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Tough break.

ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
      Just saw that Dillon Brooks is out against Brazil with a really bad flu -- he's recovering in Memphis.

Tough, he was solid for Canada all summer.

EDIT:

This will help.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
        So we should write off a 23 year old NBA player with over 320 games under his belt because he has not played for the National team in a few years? The kid was 20 when the team failed to qualify for the Olympics at the 2015 FIBA Americas. There was no true team leader at that time and all the NBA guys had little experience. It would have been nice to see him join the squad this summer, but I hold out hope that he will join and add another player to help us take the next step.
        He might decide to play if it is an Olympic year and we qualify ... Saying that if Canada keeps growing then they might do what the U.S does . IF you want to play in Olympics their would have to be a minimum amount of requirments involved ie coming to summer camps .

Comment

• Interesting hire

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
            Interesting hire

Great hire, in my opinion. I believe he opted for Canadian citizenship, did he not?

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
              Great hire, in my opinion. I believe he opted for Canadian citizenship, did he not?
              Spent the last 4 years at McMaster.Consulting role with Grizzlies.Looks like Memphis will be getting more Canadians.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                Not only its a great hire but a legit one. Glen does have duel Citizenship and this makes him the most experienced & successful Canadian that has ever ran a basketball franchise at the highest level.

We need to get Matt Bonner somehow involved too.

Comment

• More from Grange:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...etballs-boxes/

According to multiple sources with direct knowledge of the situation another former NBA executive with deep Canadian ties — former Toronto Raptors president Bryan Colangelo — has significant interest in contributing to the program in some capacity. There have been preliminary talks between Colangelo and those close to the CB board with more to follow.

For his part, Colangelo — who was pushed out of his general manager’s role with the Philadelphia 76ers after his wife was determined to have made sensitive team information public via anonymous ‘burner’ accounts on Twitter — could be a good fit in a consulting or advisory type role that would offer him a chance to give back to the sport while also keeping in touch with the game at the highest levels as he works to rebuild his professional reputation.

Finding a way to leverage Colangelo’s deep business and basketball connections could be a welcome boost for an organization that needs to solidify additional sources of revenue to keep pace with the ambitions of its programs.
                  Raptors impact on Canada's basketball overall is simply amazing. I welcome BC as well if it were to happen.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                    More from Grange:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...etballs-boxes/

Raptors impact on Canada's basketball overall is simply amazing. I welcome BC as well if it were to happen.
                    FIND A NEW SLANT

sorry I couldn't help myself
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      FIND A NEW SLANT

sorry I couldn't help myself
                      Hey don't be Coasting by on ‘trustfund’ money.

Comment

• when do we play

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                          when do we play
                          Tonight 7:30 E.T.

Comment

• Pangos can pass the ball.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                              Pangos can pass the ball.
                              Got a link?

Comment

• Okay so I don't usually follow Canadian basketball but I have some questions. First, where is Andrew Wiggins, and especially where is Jamal Murray? Upon a quick google search I found this on Jamal Murray, which essentially made it sound like he wasn't planning to play at the time, and ultimately it would seem he did not?!

Now I was aware Wiggins had refused a call up last summer to "focus on the timberwolves" or whatever, but it appears this has continued? Maybe to do with Jay Triano?

One more to add to the list is Stauskas, apparently he's been gone since 2015 as well. So where are these guys? Are they just too lazy to play, or does anyone have more info?

Lastly, why is Jay Triano the coach? I thought he wasn't very good?

Comment

Working...
                                X