Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Lewenberg has a report where he says that Wiggins (and Stauskas) does not like Triano from the tourney a couple years ago, and that's a big part of why he didn't come. I'd guess the Wolves also want him to work on his game rather than play with Team Canada - plus if they do look to move him, they won't want to risk him getting hurt.
    Wolves have zero power over Wiggins right now. They gave him the massive contract, it's over. He can risk hurting himself (by playing basketball, something he has to do no matter what this summer, not like we want him on the Canadian Motocross Team) and there's nothing they can do about it. How is playing for team Canada not working on his game? It's either that or stupid shit like the Drew League.

If the problem is Triano then at least that makes sense for why he doesn't want to play. I still think it's a really bad look for him though. I wonder if he talked to Nash about it? I think they've given Triano enough time that making a switch now would make some sense.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      Wolves have zero power over Wiggins right now. They gave him the massive contract, it's over. He can risk hurting himself (by playing basketball, something he has to do no matter what this summer, not like we want him on the Canadian Motocross Team) and there's nothing they can do about it. How is playing for team Canada not working on his game? It's either that or stupid shit like the Drew League.

If the problem is Triano then at least that makes sense for why he doesn't want to play. I still think it's a really bad look for him though. I wonder if he talked to Nash about it? I think they've given Triano enough time that making a switch now would make some sense.
      It's not abnormal for a team to prefer a player to do individual work instead of going to their national program. Pretty sure the Raptors wanted JV to take a summer off at some point, but they were classy enough to let him go anyway. The teams can't force the players not to go, but as a player, your relationship with the management of your team can be important. In any case, as I mentioned, I think it's a secondary reason for Wiggins (if at all).
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Lewenberg has a report where he says that Wiggins (and Stauskas) does not like Triano from the tourney a couple years ago, and that's a big part of why he didn't come. I'd guess the Wolves also want him to work on his game rather than play with Team Canada - plus if they do look to move him, they won't want to risk him getting hurt.
        Maybe it's time to get a new coach then. Does he have to be Canadian? So sick of either coach a or coach b triano and rautins...this isn't 1998 anymore when todd McCullough is our best player
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Maybe it's time to get a new coach then. Does he have to be Canadian? So sick of either coach a or coach b triano and rautins...this isn't 1998 anymore when todd McCullough is our best player
          Roy Rana is the coach.
          Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
            Roy Rana is the coach.
            So another nobody from Canadian university?

Comment

• We should just hire European FIBA coach.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
                Roy Rana is the coach.
                Is he? Every release says Triano is the head coach of the senior team.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Is he? Every release says Triano is the head coach of the senior team.
                  From wikipedia: In August 2017, he was named head coach of the Canadian men’s basketball team for the 2017 FIBA AmeriCup and the qualifiers for the 2019 World Cup.

I think he was just head coach for those 2 tournaments and now it's Triano again.

Comment

• I can't remember what tournament It was, but I remember Triano benching Wiggins in a close game. He had his nephew Heslip on the floor instead. Heslip played well in that game from I remember but STILL you don't sit your most talented player in a close game.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      I can't remember what tournament It was, but I remember Triano benching Wiggins in a close game. He had his nephew Heslip on the floor instead. Heslip played well in that game from I remember but STILL you don't sit your most talented player in a close game.
                      I think it was the crazy loss to Venezuela (maybe?) and it was Doornekamp on in Wiggins' place. Wiggins had a rough game, but sitting him down the stretch didn't exactly work out...
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

It's not abnormal for a team to prefer a player to do individual work instead of going to their national program. Pretty sure the Raptors wanted JV to take a summer off at some point, but they were classy enough to let him go anyway. The teams can't force the players not to go, but as a player, your relationship with the management of your team can be important. In any case, as I mentioned, I think it's a secondary reason for Wiggins (if at all).
                        It starts in mid-June and is already over on the 2nd of July. I mean, there's plenty of time to do individual work till October. So that's no excuse. But NBA players are reliant on the goodwill of their teams. Poeltl will also play for Austria, because the Raptors gave him a go. If they would have said no, there's no way, he would play for the National Team. He made that clear from the moment he got drafted.

Comment

• You'd think perhaps Minny might like it if Andrew were to .... go and develop some...
                          .... leadership qualities, let's say?

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                            You'd think perhaps Minny might like it if Andrew were to .... go and develop some...
                            .... leadership qualities, let's say?

Probably wouldn't like it if he got hurt, though. Big investment.
                            Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

I think it was the crazy loss to Venezuela (maybe?) and it was Doornekamp on in Wiggins' place. Wiggins had a rough game, but sitting him down the stretch didn't exactly work out...

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Triano's burner account?
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X