Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guyroch wrote: View Post
    I just listened the Lowe Podcast and interesting to hear about a Canadian angle ... It seems that Boogie tormented and bullied
    Nik Stauskas during his rookie season and almost ruined his NBA career before it even started ...
    What?

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      What?
      What ? on your what ... I read my post and just stating that I listened to a podcast and got some old news about a Canadian player and thought I would share it ..

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
        Is Wiggins actually going to show up and play?
        We all hope but the more and more our depth grows the more if he plays will not be such a big deal ... We are unlike teams
        like Gernmany who depended on Dirk ...

Comment

We all hope but the more and more our depth grows the more if he plays will not be such a big deal ... We are unlike teams
          Right, except that right now what really matters most is sub-NBA depth and involvement. With the new format, we need to qualify for the FIBA championships through home-and-away series, most of which will take place during the NBA season (so we'll need non-NBA players to get us there). We need to finish top 7 in the Americas in those games to get to the 2019 world championships. At the world championships (which will be in September so we should have a solid roster), we essentially need to finish top 2 amongst americas teams to qualify directly, or top 23 overall to move onto the final qualification tournaments... which is in June so we need any NBA players who are in the playoffs to turn around and play with little rest from the NBA season.

Honestly, I don't think any country is as much screwed-over by this new qualification system than Canada. Other countries who are less reliant on NBA-level talent can at least keep the same rosters throughout the process, and they're more likely to have players playing close to their home country where they travel less and run national team practices. We'll need to convince guys like, say, Bennett and Bachinski and Ejim that they should give up what little rest they get to come to Canada, get a few practices in, play a game in Canada and then fly down to Argentina and play a game there and then return to the Euro-teams within a 9 day window, with no promise (and in fact little likelihood) that they'll be on the team that plays at the world championships or Olympics if they win. And we need them to actually win most of those games, and they'll be highly criticized if they lose.

Comment

He is literally our team right now
            SPECIAL REPORT: March 27th, 2017, it is now confirmed Lebron James has had both his back and his dignity broken by the vicious swinging right elbow of ruthless heavyweight PF and notorious bad-boy David Lee

Comment

• Brian Scallabrine wrote: View Post
              He is literally our team right now
              Hey Brian Scallabrine poster ( not actual broadcaster I suspect ) can you explain to me why Brian Scallabrine seems so self adsorbed and frankly arrogant on the morning lineup with Frank Isola ?

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                What?
                He said: "I just listened the Lowe Podcast and interesting to hear about a Canadian angle ... It seems that Boogie tormented and bullied Nik Stauskas during his rookie season and almost ruined his NBA career before it even started ..." Lol

Comment

• Andrew Nicholson traded from Washington to the Nets. I hope they give him some regular playing time so they can see what they have. He will have to fight with Scola, Booker, and Acy for pt.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                    Andrew Nicholson traded from Washington to the Nets. I hope they give him some regular playing time so they can see what they have. He will have to fight with Scola, Booker, and Acy for pt.
                    You and me both ... I am pretty sure they will give him every opportunity ...

Comment

• Tyler Ennis to the Lakers...another Canuck with the opportunity to get some playing time before the season is out.
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                        Tyler Ennis to the Lakers...another Canuck with the opportunity to get some playing time before the season is out.
                        Wow in his short NBA career he has played for a lot of teams

Comment

• Brooks looks good on Oregon again this yr. Thought he should of played more at Pan am.

Comment

• Andrew Nicholason on a bad Nets team is getting a lot of DNP ... He is becoming like Anthony Bennett ie keeps going to different NBA towns but the same thing seems to always be occurring ..

Comment

• It seems Canada has anhttp://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/elijah-fisher-12-a-toronto-basketball-phenom-to-

watch-1.3864642other up and coming basketball star ... Elijah Fisher he is 12 years old ..

Comment

• What do you guys think of us drafting Dillon Brooks with our pick?

Comment

Working...
                                X